Just walked out of UPS

HardknocksUPSer

As they should be! Packages are union work.
True, I'd rather another guy help me than a sup, although our sups get by with way way way more than they should in the way of touching and carrying packages but it plays out good in our favor at times we need to use the bathroom and stuff but it's a thin line, better to be pissed off than pissed on I suppose.

Go Brown Or Go Home!

It's hard as hell right now. Worked 1 day last week and did a quick shuttle. Haven't worked yet this week, no drivers are going home for me to do a route. There not laying anyone off either which is wierd. And can't do preload cause there bidding it out based on seniority. I haven't walked out but dam I definitely feel like it!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I absolutely loved the first 20!! We have the greatest people. It was so fun every day, that I would wake up early, and be excited about what the day would bring. I was so proud to be one of the few, the proud, the UPS driver, and a chic to boot.

Everyone is enamored with the UPS person. The respect, and now of course the money, since the whole world knows what we make.

They ruined it with the micro management. The us vs them mentality.

PT Car Washer

It's hard as hell right now. Worked 1 day last week and did a quick shuttle. Haven't worked yet this week, no drivers are going home for me to do a route. There not laying anyone off either which is wierd. And can't do preload cause there bidding it out based on seniority. I haven't walked out but dam I definitely feel like it!!
You may want to talk to your Union steward or Business Agent about being laid off for purpose of bumping inside. I know it is a lot more work but you can't go on working one day a week for long either.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I absolutely loved the first 20!! We have the greatest people. It was so fun every day, that I would wake up early, and be excited about what the day would bring. I was so proud to be one of the few, the proud, the UPS driver, and a chic to boot.

Everyone is enamored with the UPS person. The respect, and now of course the money, since the whole world knows what we make.

They ruined it with the micro management. The us vs them mentality.[/QUOTE

Those first 20 days are magical.

Dr.Brownz

I lasted 7 months as a pre-loader with no mention of advancement or a pay raise.

How I lasted these last 7 months is beyond me, but lately the stress and straight up lies have gotten to me. Once I felt my chest tighten I knew it was time to quit. Am I gonna have to return this stupid brown jacket or can I toss it in the back of my closet for the rest of time?

Also, UPS is a joke. I once got yelled at for taking my 15 minute break when the line was done where my manager said, and I quote "NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN, YOU CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!" really? like ever? apparently not!

anyway, so long UPS, I hated you from the start

LOL why you bitch about raises you get them when the contract says you get them. Advancement is by senority. This has to be a troll post

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Classy walking out with no notice. The best part is, people think they are screwing management when you just walk out. Truth is, you hurt your fellow employees. I can't touch packages, so that means I have to be jerk and push people. They don't deserve it. But you know, you just couldn't cut it and I have a pull time to make.

Had a couple guys like you working for me last year. My guys would call them the Frat Stars. Think they're flipping burgers for 7.25 now. If they stayed they would have had a good future. But nope. It's too hard.

Nothing wrong with moving on if the job isn't for you. But giving no notice? That's not how you do things. That is what makes you a quitter.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Classy walking out with no notice. The best part is, people think they are screwing management when you just walk out. Truth is, you hurt your fellow employees. I can't touch packages, so that means I have to be jerk and push people. They don't deserve it. But you know, you just couldn't cut it and I have a pull time to make.

Had a couple guys like you working for me last year. My guys would call them the Frat Stars. Think they're flipping burgers for 7.25 now. If they stayed they would have had a good future. But nope. It's too hard.

Nothing wrong with moving on if the job isn't for you. But giving no notice? That's not how you do things. That is what makes you a quitter.
I'd rather a crappy loader walk out in the middle of his shift than keep coming in and moving at a snail's pace so I have to help him everyday. Bye bye OP...no one will remember you by today.

tacken

We are all just a number at ups no more no less.If I leave or you leave UPS goes on. You can be the best there is they dont care if you leave..

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'd rather a crappy loader walk out in the middle of his shift than keep coming in and moving at a snail's pace so I have to help him everyday. Bye bye OP...no one will remember you by today.
Fair enough. But at least if we have someone new come in they can get trained. Otherwise we're throwing a brand new guy out there and saying good luck. The cycle just repeats itself.