Kevin McCarthy— OUT!

Next Day Err

Wow!
IMG_3732.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
He made a bunch of promises to get voted in as Speaker but as soon as he got that big chair he broke almost all of those promises. Should anyone be surprised people were very unhappy with him?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Good.

He broke his promises to conservatives, so he should lose his speakership.

This is the way it should work, rather than these leaders having a fascist grip on power like Pelosi and McConnell.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
After the Democrats take the Presidency and Congress in 2024, the Republicans will again be standing around scratching their heads going

Attachments

• surprisepikachu.gif
    surprisepikachu.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 25

Fenris

Good.

He broke his promises to conservatives, so he should lose his speakership.

This is the way it should work, rather than these leaders having a fascist grip on power like Pelosi and McConnell.
I don't really care that McCarthy is out but how do you see this advancing a conservative agenda? If you get someone like Gaetz as Speaker, I see him overplaying his hand, failing to see the big picture and causing Republicans to lose any power for some time, including helping Biden get elected.
I can agree with a number.ber of his goals but I think his tactical perspective is pretty bad.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't really care that McCarthy is out but how do you see this advancing a conservative agenda? If you get someone like Gaetz as Speaker, I see him overplaying his hand, failing to see the big picture and causing Republicans to lose any power for some time, including helping Biden get elected.
I can agree with a number.ber of his goals but I think his tactical perspective is pretty bad.
Gaetz doesn’t have the votes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First, Gaetz is not a possibility.

Second, I'm not sure how getting a conservative helps Biden get elected. Americans see inflation killing them, and wreckless spending is the cause. The Democrats' refusal to address the border is icing on the cake.

You simply make that case to the American middle at election time.

vantexan

He made a bunch of promises to get voted in as Speaker but as soon as he got that big chair he broke almost all of those promises. Should anyone be surprised people were very unhappy with him?
In fairness most Republicans voted to retain him. A small group of conservative Republicans worked with Democrats to get rid of him.

Box Ox

In fairness most Republicans voted to retain him. A small group of conservative Republicans worked with Democrats to get rid of him.

Democrats might come to regret having voted to give him the boot if part of the deal a new Speaker has to abide by is no more funding for Ukraine.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Democrats might come to regret having voted to give him the boot if part of the deal a new Speaker has to abide by is no more funding for Ukraine.
Such a strange hill for Democrats to die on.

I really don't understand this obsession with funding Ukraine's entire economy while Americans see inflation eating away at their livelihoods.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
@DriveInDriveOut What's creative about my reply? 4% of House Republicans voted with Democrats to oust him. If they have legitimate grievances fine. Most Republicans didn't think so.
McCarthy voted with Democrats.

It's an interesting perspective to say the conservative caucus are the ones who did that.

Democrats not voting for Republican leadership should be a given. Republican leadership working with Democrats against conservatives should not be.

vantexan

It's an interesting perspective to say the conservative caucus are the ones who did that.

Democrats not voting for Republican leadership should be a given. Republican leadership working with Democrats against conservatives should not be.
You sure about that? I heard his no vote. It was 4% of House Republicans, a number of unhappy conservatives, who voted yes along with I'm assuming almost all Democrats to remove McCarthy. I never said it was Republican leadership. Gaetz is a vocal Republican, he's not leadership.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You sure about that? I heard his no vote. It was 4% of House Republicans, a number of unhappy conservatives, who voted yes along with I'm assuming almost all Democrats to remove McCarthy. I never said it was Republican leadership. Gaetz is a vocal Republican, he's not leadership.
Yes.
Read my post again.
You completely missed the point.

When I said mcarthy voted with Democrats, I'm obviously not talking about to oust himself lol. I'm talking about the spending bill.

That's why he lost his position, he worked with Democrats against the conservatives. Trying to say the conservatives are the ones who worked with Democrats is just a strange perspective IMO. His fate was already sealed when HE voted with Democrats.

vantexan

Yes.
Read my post again.
You completely missed the point.

When I said mcarthy voted with Democrats, I'm obviously not talking about to oust himself lol. I'm talking about the spending bill.

That's why he lost his position, he worked with Democrats against the conservatives. Trying to say the conservatives are the ones who worked with Democrats is just a strange perspective IMO. His fate was already sealed when HE voted with Democrats.
I didn't say conservatives worked with Democrats on the spending bill. I specifically talked about today's vote. You're getting up there in years bubba, starting to slip. Carry on.

To be clear, it's not that conservatives "worked" with Democrats to oust McCarthy. It's that an unhappy group of Republicans knew with the small majority if they voted against McCarthy they had a good chance of getting rid of him because Democrats will vote like Democrats.