Keyless Pkg Cars

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just get yourself a nice C Clamp!

Now thats innovative. I had my mechanic install a couple of eyebolts at the front of my 4000 shelf. I used to use a bungee cord, but after somebody swiping mine twice in one week, I went to a lock and cable setup.
IMG_1129.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg

upsdude

Now thats innovative. I had my mechanic install a couple of eyebolts at the front of my 4000 shelf. I used to use a bungee cord, but after somebody swiping mine twice in one week, I went to a lock and cable setup.

We don't have much of a theft problem, I just got tired of the cart rolling around in the back.

Tiny Panda

We've had auto locking systems in the UK for the past 7 years.

The larger vehicles have a system where you can start/stop the engine with a key fob although you still have to have the key turned in the ignition for it to work. When you leave the car and shut the side door it automatically locks, opening it means just swiping the fob against the sensor by the door. The bulk head door only locks after you have been into the back to retrieve a pkg, a sensor registers that someone has been in the back and thus locks the bh door once you shut it. If you have a pkg in the cab and get out the side then the bulk head door doesnt lock so its no good for the summer when you leave the side doors open and keep pkgs in the cab.

The smaller vans (sprinters) have the same auto door locking system but no keyless start, same thing applies for getting in/out the side door. Press a button and the door opens and automatically locks when it shuts.

MikeTbob

Well, yes, you could do that too.

LOL

That's my solution, rather than spending my hard earned money on things I think UPS should provide for us. I think all UPS vehicles should have some kind of safety restraint for the 2 wheelers, hell strap em to the front of the truck like those beer delivery guys.

Tiny Panda

That's my solution, rather than spending my hard earned money on things I think UPS should provide for us. I think all UPS vehicles should have some kind of safety restraint for the 2 wheelers, hell strap em to the front of the truck like those beer delivery guys.

All the trucks we've had since 2002 have a little section behind the driver in the load area that fits them perfectly, we have little fold up ones so take up no space.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm pretty sure this won't put you in the poor house.

some1else

Banned
will they put this on the 650xxx trucks? the one i use (as little as possible!) runs a good 25 seconds after i shut it off ("part on order"). will i still have to dump clutch while holding the brake to get it to turn off?

will they put this on the 650xxx trucks? the one i use (as little as possible!) runs a good 25 seconds after i shut it off ("part on order"). will i still have to dump clutch while holding the brake to get it to turn off?
We have a couple of trucks that do this, if we turn off the heater blower it doesn't do it as bad.

some1else

Banned
i just pop the clutch holding the brakes to turn it off; but it bounces pretty bad and will give you a headache after doing it all day-- j/k ;) i heard they are gettin rid of them soon, they are probably the least safe/predictable to drive id say worse than a p800

Pip

2 things you can do with that.

1) ask the mechanic to check the "stator" wire on the alternator. Some alternators don't need it hooked up. If hooked up it still sends voltage after the key is turned off. When I first took over my fleet, a couple of the cars did the same thing. I traced in to this wire.

2) when you shut off the ignition, if you tap the throttle peddle, it should shutoff then. Common problem with the 650xxx series with the cummins 5.9 engine.

Just a thought, might work for ya.

Now that just makes no sense at all. Not that I'm doubting you. It's just that, how are those dots connected? :surprised:
Dilli as far as I know, it's PFM. All I do know is this is how the mech said to get it to shutoff. Both of the trucks that do this have had the factory heater switch replaced with an after market part.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I think all UPS vehicles should have some kind of safety restraint for the 2 wheelers, hell strap em to the front of the truck like those beer delivery guys.

Almost everyone in my centre buckles thiers in the jumpseat. Myself being 6'7", I can't really sacrifice the room since I need to to exit out of the passenger side door without having to trip over my wheeler all day.