Saturday ground and terrible union

Gimme Danger

In my center we have at least 6 partimers from inside the building doing routes everyday which is messed up and wrong these guys are happy working 2 or 3 days a week and are always on staffing why is this allowed to happen because that is 6 full time jobs not being put on. These said part timers have been doing routes in my center for the last 5 years and if there is not enough work they are allowed to go back inside building a week at a time. And when I hear they are making only 18 and hours is sickening
Does your supplement have vacation cover driver language for part timers to work as weekly casuals?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's face it they are smart and know what thier doing and obviously we are also smart and figure out what they are doing but when I approached them about advancing work for controlling volume they say that is not done here we don't have that technology yet. Bull crap

We have noticed for the past few years that Mondays appeared to be much lighter than Tuesdays, almost as if loads were being intentionally held in the hub.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To let them just work Saturdays opens a door though..It would start with Saturday and fester to something way worse I fear.
No you misunderstood me part timers for Saturday only. Just like the have been doing Saturday air since 1990.

...and you misunderstood what hyena was trying to say....open the door and after a while you will see that it has been taken off the hinges completely...

10 Pt

We have noticed for the past few years that Mondays appeared to be much lighter than Tuesdays, almost as if loads were being intentionally held in the hub.
That's been going on for years using "remote area" to cover it.
Remember the 90% rule on Monday (1st day of the work week) language.

At least seven years ago on a Monday a customer called me over to her computer to show me that the 50 cases of drinking water they ordered for a golf outing we're being held in a neighboring hub with the reason being the delivery address was a "remote area". They were specialty labeled for the country club outing and were not returnable. The golf outing was that Monday and all the cases were held to be delivered on the next day....a day after the outing.

The country club was about 10 miles from their office.
How embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

babboo25

Banned
What discipline is sticking by using technology? What exactly is the "terrible" union supposed to do about Saturday delivery? I have my issues with our union, but trashing it isn't going to get you much sympathy. Imagine not having that "terrible" union....
What discipline is sticking? What a moronic statement.

ManInBrown

They been holding complete streets for a while ....resis ......1 day none..... the next 20
I covered a bid years ago for a driver that was out on disability. Sat on it for a good 9 months. I absolutely hated it. Horrible route. Ghetto area. Pickups sucked. Retail sucked. Commercial sucked. There wasn't one redeeming quality about this route. Anyway to get to the point. There was days where one section of retail would get no deliveries. They weren't on a split route. No one else did this retail area. It was the meat of the route. So one day none, next day 25. They were holding work.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
They been holding complete streets for a while ....resis ......1 day none..... the next 20
You know I was wondering if they had the technology to do that how naive I must be cuz I just thought it was a coincidence that one day I'll have all odd numbers of a street (the same side) and the next day all even numbers Its amazing what they can do

RealPerson

On Mondays we have Cold loads that sit in the lot. Management can decide how many to do or not do on Monday / Tuesday. I have a feeling these cold loads that come in over the weekend will be done on Saturdays..

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Ups is on the ball with being able to advance loads with sleeper teams and can either sit on them or process them controlling the volume and still have them make the guaranteed delivery day this Saturday ground thing is saving them money by cutting 30 percent of routes on Monday creating a lot of drivers not working In our center 76 routes went out on a Monday now only 52 routes are going out on Mondays. What a embarrassment to our union and another deduction to our pension

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ups is on the ball with being able to advance loads with sleeper teams and can either sit on them or process them controlling the volume and still have them make the guaranteed delivery day this Saturday ground thing is saving them money by cutting 30 percent of routes on Monday creating a lot of drivers not working In our center 76 routes went out on a Monday now only 52 routes are going out on Mondays. What a embarrassment to our union and another deduction to our pension
Are the pension hours you lose on Monday not being offset by the hours gained on Saturday?

tourists24

What discipline is sticking? What a moronic statement.
Please elaborate. Maybe I should've extended my sentence to say "at local levels or panels". We morons tend to think normal people understand what we meant.

They can intimidate you and question you all day long, but until they actually take it to disciplinary levels, it means zip ( that means nothing in case you don't speak moronese)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...and you misunderstood what hyena was trying to say....open the door and after a while you will see that it has been taken off the hinges completely...
Actually open the door and after awhile the whole wall that was supporting the door is destroyed... Nothing left and half of the roof is gone also

babboo25

Banned
Please elaborate. Maybe I should've extended my sentence to say "at local levels or panels". We morons tend to think normal people understand what we meant.

They can intimidate you and question you all day long, but until they actually take it to disciplinary levels, it means zip ( that means nothing in case you don't speak moronese)
UPS uses telematics data to build their case for discipline. The word "solely" has to be removed from contract language. And they do use at local level or panels.