Klein's very own current events thread

menotyou

bella amicizia
I make my own and they are wonderful..

Ball park makes the softest buns....like fesh Wonder bread when you were a kid.
I love Ball Park beef franks. Slow cooked on the grill-top shelf, or over the fire pit. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I haven't seen the ball park buns, yet. I like them steamed and soft. Yummmmmmm.

I guess $3.75 isn't that bad. Sams does have the volume.

UPS Lifer

Well, my German Bockwurst for example are made by a German deli (butcher) and costs me $2.00 per Wurst raw.
My mini fresh submarine buns come directly from a German Bakery and they are 45 cents each with discount.
Plus of course the costs of propane, condiments, transportation, packaging & napkins, and I'll be lucky to earn 70 cents from each sale.

I was charging $4.00 up until yesterday, but lowered my prices somewhat. (most don't ask for that quarter back, anyways) :)

However, I do earn more on my jalepeno 4 cheese smokies and All Alberta Beef Jumbos. (they also sell for $3.75 each).
And use those higher profits to somewhat subsidize the costs of the Bockwurst.

I am sitting here getting hungry again for hot dogs.... I found out my wife said we are having hot dogs for dinner!

YES!

BTW - I said these nice things about you and then you go and hire a 15 year old and leave her ALONE! I am sorry, you need a refresher course in COMMON SENSE. Apparently this is not one of your strong points!

klein

Für Meno :)
BTW - I said these nice things about you and then you go and hire a 15 year old and leave her ALONE! I am sorry, you need a refresher course in COMMON SENSE. Apparently this is not one of your strong points!

I suppose you blame the 15 yr old now, instead of the 28 yr old American woman that got me kicked out ? !!

klein

I make my own and they are wonderful..

Ball park makes the softest buns....like fesh Wonder bread when you were a kid.

Sorry, but packaged hot dogs or even packaged buns - those are meant for my "cheap dogs".

Everything else I get for my gourment dogs are fresh in bulk from either the bakery or butcher.

I suppose you blame the 15 yr old now, instead of the 28 yr old American woman that got me kicked out ? !!

No. We blame the maroon in HR that hired her. And the maroon in Managment that left them alone to run the high priority weiner wagon. What idiot put those two morons in such important positions at your company?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry, but packaged hot dogs or even packaged buns - those are meant for my "cheap dogs".

Everything else I get for my gourment dogs are fresh in bulk from either the bakery or butcher.
Some people can't take a garlic tase....so many of the designer dogs have that. Really soft, moist buns do not come from a bakery. I don't know if it's preservatives or what, but Ball Park buns are the softest I've ever had.

If I want crispy crust like a bagguete, I get it at Panera. IMO

I sure don't want "crisp".

menotyou

bella amicizia
Some people can't take a garlic tase....so many of the designer dogs have that. Really soft, moist buns do not come from a bakery. I don't know if it's preservatives or what, but Ball Park buns are the softest I've ever had.

If I want crispy crust like a bagguete, I get it at Panera. IMO

I sure don't want "crisp".
I try to eat healthy. Sometimes. But, when you want a good hot dog, I want a nice, soft, steamed, preservative-filled bun. Not that I don't like good, gourmet bread. Just not with a hot dog. I love great bread for toast, for just eating raw even. Panera has great bread.:happy-very:

klein

Remember, it's the "Wienerwagon" ! I have both a German flag and a Canadian flag on display on each side of the cart.
Finally, got my first German visiting my stand.
First he wanted a Kassler (smoked), porkchop with sauerkraut, but then he told me, I should consider making curry wurst, too.
I told him I have that ! Even with original German Curry Ketchup from the German deli.

So, he took 1 of them, instead, served with a nice fresh crispy bun on the side.
He told me to spread the word around, and get people to love Curry Wurst as they do in Germany (it's the #1 selling wiener there) !
I have been doing that - free samples, or a dollar discount or more. (hoping to get people hooked on it, as they are in Germany) ! :)

I'm sure he (the German), will be back - he works 4 blocks up the road from my location, and is an easy stop on his way.

Oh, yeah, taking my first day off in months. Suppose to rain on and off today, with possible Thundershowers, too.
But, need to get more supplies anyways, so today is the day for that.

Oh the anticipation!!!

images

klein

Yup, and just received this e-mail (I knew it was coming) :(

Hi Klein,

How did the demo go? We received some concern from Cara Consulting. Please see the comments below:

Klein - Namao LD - Called in Friday was going to be late, then didn't show. Worked Saturday/Sunday instead. ß So, did he do splits at BOTH his stores (Namao/Eaux Claires)?? Also, I’m not sure if he spoke to Amy and they decided on the sat/sun run, but he cannot be making up his own dates/hours, especially since I call the stores in advance and tell them of the times.

Can you please tell me what happened over the weekend?

Thanks!

Kricket

UPS Lifer

My wife got Buffalo dogs last night. I don't notice a real difference in taste. In fact the meat is leaner so the taste of fat is not there. Anyway, I got my fill of hot dogs! I will never turn down a hot dog!!

klein

My wife got Buffalo dogs last night. I don't notice a real difference in taste. In fact the meat is leaner so the taste of fat is not there. Anyway, I got my fill of hot dogs! I will never turn down a hot dog!!

I here ya ! Daily I explain why my "All Alberta Beef" dogs are more brown in colour.
Well, happens to be they contain very little fat and other additives - it's 95% beef !
The texture is also great - I compare it to a deer sausage - but surely I could compare it to a Bison dog, too.

You can't actually get those beef dogs I have in stores - the box even reads for Hotels and Restaurants specially made.
They are awesome !

just cooked one up - and eating it now - because you brought it up !

Last edited:
" Hey Cach

Please do your best and try not to be too annoyed by that Klein fellow. He's touched in the head and knows not what he does.

Do your best

Jesus"

Yes my lord.

texan

Guess it would not be a shock that I prefer the Hebrew National Beef Franks.

I have eaten wurst in Germany and here. My wife loves Bratwurst. I can not
stand them any more, but I buy them and cook them for her.

I am not super kosher eater, but I try to be at times.

I would love to try the Alberta Beef Dogs you mention Klein.

texan

Remember, it's the "Wienerwagon" ! I have both a German flag and a Canadian flag on display on each side of the cart.
Finally, got my first German visiting my stand.
First he wanted a Kassler (smoked), porkchop with sauerkraut, but then he told me, I should consider making curry wurst, too.
I told him I have that ! Even with original German Curry Ketchup from the German deli.

So, he took 1 of them, instead, served with a nice fresh crispy bun on the side.
He told me to spread the word around, and get people to love Curry Wurst as they do in Germany (it's the #1 selling wiener there) !
I have been doing that - free samples, or a dollar discount or more. (hoping to get people hooked on it, as they are in Germany) ! :)

I'm sure he (the German), will be back - he works 4 blocks up the road from my location, and is an easy stop on his way.

Oh, yeah, taking my first day off in months. Suppose to rain on and off today, with possible Thundershowers, too.
But, need to get more supplies anyways, so today is the day for that.

That brings back such memories. Schnellimbiss deluxe meal.

4988275266_98c62f836d_m.jpg

3726362235_0a9abe1c30_m.jpg