Klein's very own current events thread

tieguy

Banned
Perhaps another parable:

Two monks were walking along a muddy road when they came upon a young lady in fine clothes that was trying to get across the road.
One of the monks picked her up and carried her to the other side of the road and they continued down the road.
Later that day the other monk asked why he had touched the lady since that was against the rules for a monk.
He replied, "I put her down. Why are you still carrying her?"

I'm partial to the story of diogenes looking for an honest man.

the shame shame thread was a terrific exercise that lured many into the fray. It pited yours truly who is generally either liked or hated here. there is rarely an inbetween.
my oponent was trp who is generally like and generally his traits displayed are ok but hardly beyond reproach. TRP has clearly shown an infinity for climbing in the gutter.

In the process those who scream the loudest for management integrity here failed the personal integrity test here. All had the opportunity to show us all what real integrity looked like.
But they failed miserably because they would rather lie or dance around the truth (call it what you will) then conceed the truth in my favor
I was beating them so bad with the issue of integrity that at one point red saw the blood on the floor and pleaded for a moderator to come running in and close the thread.
luckily for him tony came in and put them out of their misery.:happy2:

upstate didn't speak up here to save my soul or to get me refocused. Dave jumped in because deep inside him his conscience is knawing at thim. He's the one guy involved in the fray that I actually thought might squash the game quickly. In fact there was a time when I ran the diogenes routine here looking for an honest teamster. I thought he may have been around long enough to see it the first time I looked for one honest broker of the truth.

In the end another failed message board experiment . Too many people here who are sheep and will not break the brotherhood code or will not conceed a point in my favor because they do not like me. These same people can not understand why others fail the integrity test.

I do have to give pickup special recognition I think he may have come the closets to figuring me out and pm'd me to ask me what was up.

So another session of diogenes looking for an honest man fails again to produce a winner. I'll give you guys another shot in another ten years.

Last edited:
P

pickup

Well, let me get off of my imaginary cruise boat to say a few things. First Tie thanks for my special recognition.

Second, I bailed out of the "shame shame" thread a long time ago. I just looked at it and finished reading almost every post in that thread about 5 minutes ago. The point at which I bailed out is when tie called it a "bipolar scam" which was how he referred to the issue involving the ups manager who wanted to get on the day shift. I didn't bail out at that point because tie called it a scam ( I think almost everything is a scam by the way) but because I knew there would be some science behind that reasoning of a day shift being better for a bi polar person. I didn't want to research it at the time because I knew I was going to have to research,distill , and report. And I don't like stepping into the world of psychiatry because whatever problem you read about , it is always followed by something like "but don't despair, medical science has many wonderful remedies for your disorder": remedies that always involve drugs provided by the wonderful pharmaceutical industry (which by the way is the big winner in this whole healthcare debacle and I suspect the biggest secret backer). By the way, I cheered Tom Cruise when he let Matt Lauer "have it " years ago.
Another reason I didn't do the research is because I would probably suffer from the same syndrome I suffer from when I read a medical dictionary of diseases, syndromes, etc. I start thinking I have those diseases.

Anyway, I just did a preliminary google search with the terms "bi-polar disorder night shift" and found a ton of stuff that pretty much states that the day shift would be better for the bi-polar person. So that is probably the same info that the lawyer of the bi-polar sufferer used to make the case for his client. Yes, tie, more stress for the guy in the day and I am sure he knew that before he exposed "his weakness" to everyone around him when he went this route of ligtigation. He is a marked man in my opinion, albeit a somewhat protected one. But I suspect the only promotions he ever gets in the future will be sideways ones.

So the thread went on without me as I spent more time in the current events section where posts are more frequent and the topic of healthcare was one of interest to me. As some of you may know, tieguy is no stranger to current events and I noticed that his avatar changed. Why did he switch gears like that I wondered. Surely there was a reason. So I pm'd him a few days ago and he gave me an answer that would have made a lot more specific sense had I read the "shame shame" thread from its inception to its abrupt ending.

That all being said, now that I read it. Here are my opinions.

The wife insult: tpkl(close enough) said "you can deny it till the wife comes home" to tieguy. Quite an odd expression. I thought it might be a saying peculiar to Texas and googled it and found nothing. The image I get of the "wife coming home" in this case is tieguy's wife walking through the door at 5:35 in the afternoon precariously carrying three bags of groceries to the kitchen table as she says to her husband "what do you wanna eat?". Peculiar expression -yes. "Cows come home" would have been more familiar to me. But I don't get the image of his wife coming home 5:35 in the morning with her mistress of the night clothing barely clinging to her body , smelling of alcohol , and her purse stuffed with more money in it than it had when she left the house.

Tie, I don't know what image came to your mind, but your reaction to TRP's comment was as if he accused your wife of being the Whore of Babylon.

Now TRP(who is on a boat for a week and probably not able to respond nor should you if you can, enjoy your trip and retirement) , I don't know why you used that expression "until the wife comes home" but it apparently caused tie to go on a bezerker rage that has yet to subside. Just the other day, I jokingly commented to upstateny that he should he get his future son in law to pony up the cash for the wedding. Upstate responded with something like "I don't want to prostitute my daughter". There was no smile after his comment . I realized that there might be a possibility that he took my comment as an insult and responded with an apology whether or not it was needed. If it were needed, then it served its purpose. If it weren't needed, then no big deal. Perhaps you and tieguy can settle this amicably through private pms without the maddening crowds chiming in. And hopefully you can both patch this up with apologies for misunderstandings on both sides. The Japanese way might be appropriate here. Just my suggestion and nothing more.

klein

Für Meno :)
Funny, I thought this thread, as pickup posted, was for me, so I wouldn't hijack a thread.

But, honestly, I don't give a damm.
It got better then I expected LOL

wkmac

Perhaps another parable:

Two monks were walking along a muddy road when they came upon a young lady in fine clothes that was trying to get across the road.
One of the monks picked her up and carried her to the other side of the road and they continued down the road.
Later that day the other monk asked why he had touched the lady since that was against the rules for a monk.
He replied, "I put her down. Why are you still carrying her?"

A man observed 2 dogs continuosly chasing their tail with one turning clockwise and the other turning counter-clockwise. He then posed the question, "which of the 2 dogs is dumber?" He concluded both dogs were equally stupid and that the actions of one only propelled the other to continue the spinning and visa-versa. His moral lesson was, it's best to ignore them both when engaged in such activity as neither has the sense to stop doing it which would end the whole process to begin with!

But then life is sometimes like eating 50 eggs in 1 hour. It has no purpose, it's just something to do!
:peaceful:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Here's my unbiased opinion about the TRP/Tie thing.
I have absolutely no history with either. I know no details aboutr anyone's wife, life, family, etc.
I did not read TRP's comment as an "attack" on Tie's family. Not at all. There must be some sensitivity here that I, as an uninformed casual bystander, am not aware of. I read TRP trying to get Tie to answer a question and in response, Tie brought up the "attack" argument.
Sorry for the observation, but that is how i am reading it.
I applaud UpsState for trying to harmonize the issue. I am merely reading and commenting on what I think.
I would love to side with you Tie, but I think that you are taking this way too far.
Again, I don't know why this is such a sensitive issue. I don't want to believe that you are putting up a smoke screen, as alleged to distract from the initial question.
As for Klein, I still fail to see his hatred for America that people keep bringing up. I see him being drawn into argument when others are the agressors and then he responds with something construed as Anti-American.
Perhaps four plus years of reading BC stuff is not enough time to call it like I see it.
As I said, just a casual bystander with no dog in anyone's fight.

P

pickup

Funny, I thought this thread, as pickup posted, was for me, so I wouldn't hijack a thread.

But, honestly, I don't give a damm.
It got better then I expected LOL

No, actually, the real purpose of this thread was for you to get comfortable here and then we would hijack the thread just to show you how it feels when you do it.

And may one day Quebec be free from its oppressors.

wkmac

Is a thread still hijacked if a poster or several posters post what is thought by others as OT comments yet no one responds to said opinion(s) and the course and direction of the thread continues as previously concieved? Or there's nothing to prevent that? As I said early on in defense of the person who started this whole thread (when I thought at the time they were being wrongly attacked) it was a fun diversion but seems to me Klein is having the last and biggest laugh as he now knows exactly how going forward to get under your skins. It also appears from later posts by the thread creator that my "fun diversion" understanding was wrong and a more nefarious motive was at play, not that I care.
:wink2:

It was once observed here that I was like a cat who loved to walk fences at night making the dogs bark and that observation was absolutely brilliant and so dead on. And some dogs are dumber and are quicker to make bark than others. I remember even having a laugh (we both did) about it with the person who made the remark.
:happy-very:

Seems to me from a different angle Klein has also learned to walk the fence and my advice is the more you bark, the more he'll walk that fence.

[video=youtube;aleQ5ytqX3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aleQ5ytqX3A[/video]

Klein in his own unique way reminds me of Ewave but you have to go WAY BACK to understand what I'm talking about there!

P

pickup

wow, wkmac, you posted a video that is under 45 minutes in length. We must be living in the end days for such things to occur.:happy-very:

This video reminds me of what happens to "that cat" when tieguy responds to him:

[video=youtube;S64Kiobul5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64Kiobul5I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
That poor cat...yowza!!!

Klein brings things upon himself and i think he knows this because he is either starving for attention or he is really tanked on "Likor". Either way its fun and he makes it so easy.

I usually skip over much of what WK posts since its so drawn out and the vids are way to long. Just get to the point and get rid of the fluff.

wkmac

That poor cat...yowza!!!

Klein brings things upon himself and i think he knows this because he is either starving for attention or he is really tanked on "Likor". Either way its fun and he makes it so easy.

I usually skip over much of what WK posts since its so drawn out and the vids are way to long. Just get to the point and get rid of the fluff.

Why get rid of the fluff when I know it eliminates most of the reads!

:wink2:

klein

Well, time to post a couple of Mexico holiday vids on here. Esspecially for Moreluck, that would never set foot there.

[video=youtube;Loa5KZtROV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loa5KZtROV8[/video]

[video=youtube;lk0t2JbeK5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0t2JbeK5E[/video]

All that for less then $100 a day, including flight. Can't go wrong ! :)

OH, and 1 question, anyone here have some good mexican or spanish music on their pc ?
I need to use windows movie maker for pics.... want some latin music to go with it.

klein

Trans Canada Highway for atleast a month shut down, due to flooding (Road is currently a Niagra Falls) !!!

[video=youtube;R6TIGApo1Iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6TIGApo1Iw[/video]

tieguy

Banned
wow, wkmac, you posted a video that is under 45 minutes in length. We must be living in the end days for such things to occur.:happy-very:

This video reminds me of what happens to "that cat" when tieguy responds to him:

[video=youtube;S64Kiobul5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64Kiobul5I[/video]

I wonder if the cat will be having a barbecue across the street from the dogs house. That cat must have been slowed down by the effects of likor. Great video in response to wkmacs tired cat on the fence comment.

tieguy

Banned
Well, time to post a couple of Mexico holiday vids on here. Esspecially for Moreluck, that would never set foot there.

[video=youtube;Loa5KZtROV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loa5KZtROV8[/video]

[video=youtube;lk0t2JbeK5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0t2JbeK5E[/video]

All that for less then $100 a day, including flight. Can't go wrong ! :)

OH, and 1 question, anyone here have some good mexican or spanish music on their pc ?
I need to use windows movie maker for pics.... want some latin music to go with it.

when people dress up in colorful costumes in america we call it a gay pride parade. If its in mexico its culture immersion in a foriegn country.
that barbecue thing they had going on was something I've never seen before and well worth the vacation money.

klein

when people dress up in colorful costumes in america we call it a gay pride parade. If its in mexico its culture immersion in a foriegn country.
that barbecue thing they had going on was something I've never seen before and well worth the vacation money.

Thanks Tie ! Oh yeah, tons of food. I pigged out pretty good. Afterwards at night, I took an ocean swim.
Remember that place, it was well worth every little penny I spent ($548 + tax). That included flight, room, food, all drinks.
They also have a facebook page.
The way I partied, and danced... I think I might make the guest of the month reward. :)

fethrs

Sorry, I'll translate. Mariscos is seafood. Camarones are shrimp. Pescado is fish. Ceviche is a dish with fish and/or shrimp "cooked" in lime juice. Pulpo is octopus. Almejas are clams and ostioines are oysters. It's all seafood.

The Michilada is a beer drink. Tecate beer over lots of ice with chili flavored salt and lots of lime juice, it's pretty good.

:happy2: