KOLOB Celebrates Romney Primary Victories

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Mormon Home Planet of Kolob is celebrating Mitt Romney's 3 primary victories today on the GOP Super Tuesday. Telepathic beams directed at Earth from Kolob directing non-Mormons to vote for Mitt may have been the deciding factor. Normally, Kolob stays out of Earth affairs, but Romney is getting close to clinching the nomination and the chance to convert millions to Mormonism and the power of the Magic Undergarments.

Remember, Mormonism is NOT a cult, Mormonism is NOT a cult, Klattu Barrada Nichto...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know about ... it is pretty much ignored by modern Mormons.

That's why I post my previous question.

I personally think Mormonism is a cult. Perhaps the Kolob reference will create some interest in investigating some of the tenets of the religion. I think it's amazing that we could have a President who belongs to a cult that believes we are regularly visited (and colonized) by beings from Kolob. Many Mormons think that this is the explanation for all of the UFO sightings we have had since the 1940's. Just a "bit" different from conventional Christianity.

My limited research says this was regularly and openly taught in the 30's and 40's, but that modern-day Mormons keep it under the table because it seems strange to others. Nevertheless, it is still widely believed that Kolob exists.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've lived in Utah twice and never heard of Kolob.....sounds more like Scientology to me.
I don't get the upheaval about Romney's religion........the Mormons seem to teach self sufficiency ...that's not a bad thing.

Would you be commenting goofy stuff if Romney was a Jew? or Catholic?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I personally think Mormonism is a cult. Perhaps the Kolob reference will create some interest in investigating some of the tenets of the religion. I think it's amazing that we could have a President who belongs to a cult that believes we are regularly visited (and colonized) by beings from Kolob. Many Mormons think that this is the explanation for all of the UFO sightings we have had since the 1940's. Just a "bit" different from conventional Christianity.

My limited research says this was regularly and openly taught in the 30's and 40's, but that modern-day Mormons keep it under the table because it seems strange to others. Nevertheless, it is still widely believed that Kolob exists.
Scientology is all about space beings......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've lived in Utah twice and never heard of Kolob.....sounds more like Scientology to me.
I don't get the upheaval about Romney's religion........the Mormons seem to teach self sufficiency ...that's not a bad thing.

Would you be commenting goofy stuff if Romney was a Jew? or Catholic?

Yes, because he is goofy..and strange.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

Careful.....your ignorance is showing

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your mind is made up already.....there would be no point. Here we are in the 21st century and still bias and bigotry are alive and well.

I'm agnostic, so I don't have a stake in it. Seriously, enlighten me. From what I've read astrophysicists say that such a planet is highly unlikely, so there are a lot of logical gaps. No bias, no bigotry...I just want to understand. If Romney becomes the candidate, and it looks like he will, don't you think Kolob is going to come up?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm agnostic, so I don't have a stake in it. Seriously, enlighten me. From what I've read astrophysicists say that such a planet is highly unlikely, so there are a lot of logical gaps. No bias, no bigotry...I just want to understand. If Romney becomes the candidate, and it looks like he will, don't you think Kolob is going to come up?
No, it won't come up. Americans aren't voting for a religion. You're probably voting for Obama, so what difference could it possibly make to you?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I personally think Mormonism is a cult.

All religions and denominations start as a cult.
The Romans called Christos a cult.
A cult is simply new and not accepted as part of the mainstream.

Looks like you and Santorum found something you can agree on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MFE.....why didn't you just title this thread...."Questions about the LDS Church" ??
Making thread titles part of a shock statement makes it so no one else can post a legitimate post and they have to start a new thread.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Kolob Terrace
kolob-terrace-map.jpg
[/h] The Kolob Terrace is in the middle of Zion between Zion Canyon and the Kolob Canyons which are located near Cedar City. The Kolob Terrace offers a 21-mile scenic drive to Lava Point, starting at the small town of Virgin. At first you will notice homes and farms as you travel in and out of Zion. The road transitions to gravel once you are beyond Lava Point and headed to the Kolob Reservoir. It can take you another 20-miles to SR-14 near Cedar City, ending about a-mile from a long standing restaurant - Milt’s Stage Stop. Keep in mind the Kolob Terrace is a primitive area and there are no services so be prepared with water, a spare and other items you might need if you break down.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Kolob Mountain
Welcome to the unofficial Kolob Mountain web site! The goal of this web site is to reach out and provide a communication network for the vast network of people who own land near and on Kolob Mountain. The goal is to increase communications so together we can preserve the tranquility and untouched beauty of Kolob while making it a safe and enjoyable place to spend our weekends, summers and even winters for a few.