KOLOB Celebrates Romney Primary Victories

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You're ridiculous and it's like saying Christians are crazy because the bible tells a STORY of a whale swallowing a man. It's trumpeting like Moroni that plural marriage is part of Mainstream LDS (other than in their past history). Only the fundamentalist, broken away from LDS, still practices the illegal multiple marriage.

“Kolob” has almost no theological importance in Mormonism—allow me to explain further. In the Book of Abraham, part of the Mormon scriptural cannon, God explains the organization of the universe to the prophet Abraham. The account describes the astrological object nearest to God's throne (a star, perhaps?) using the name “Kolob.” Whether “Kolob” was simply the word Abraham used (indeed, the Semitic root QLB does mean “heart, center, middle,” in harmony with “Kolob's” hypothetical central position in the universe), or whether it is the name God actually uses to describe the astrological object nearest His thrown, we do not know. Some Mormons even doubt the literal existence of “Kolob,” suggesting it may simply symbolize Jesus Christ Himself."

What is Kolob? Do Mormons believe God lives on a planet name...

AGREED. It is about symbolism.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
AGREED. It is about symbolism.

No, it's about a cult. Mormonism is a cult, and the GOP nominee is highly placed in the LDS Church. If Kolob wasn't an important aspect of Mormonism there wouldn't be so many places in Utah named after it or attempts made to try an put a lid on it's "existence". I can hardly wait until Romney starts getting questioned more closely about Mormonism and the denials and misleading information begin.

Kolob is much more than symbolism, but nice try anyway.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Q: Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?
A: He lay awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

moreluck

golden ticket member
During the Reign of Terror of the French Revolution, one morning's executions began with three men: a rabbi, a Catholic priest, and an agnostic.

The rabbi was marched up onto the platform first. There, facing the guillotine, he was asked if he had any last words. And the rabbi cried out, "I believe in the one and only true God, and He shall save me." The executioner then positioned the rabbi below the blade, set the block above his neck, and pulled the cord to set the terrible instrument in motion. The heavy cleaver plunged downward, searing the air. But then, abruptly, it stopped with a crack just a few inches above the would-be victim's neck. To which the rabbi said, "I told you so."

"It's a miracle!" gasped the crowd. And the executioner had to agree, letting the rabbi go.

Next in line was the priest. Asked for his final words, he declared, "I believe in Jesus Christ the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost who will rescue me in my hour of need." The executioner then positioned this man beneath the blade. And he pulled the cord. Again the blade flew downward thump! creak! ...stopping just short of its mark once more.

"Another miracle!" sighed the disappointed crowd. And the executioner for the second time had no choice but to let the condemned go free.

Now it was the agnostic's turn. "What final words have you to say?" he was asked. But the agnostic didn't answer. Staring intently at the ominous engine of death, he seemed lost. Not until the executioner poked him in the ribs and the question was asked again did he reply.

"Oh, I see your problem," the agnostic said pointing. "You've got a blockage in the gear assembly, right there!"

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I sure hope that during one of the presidential debates the subject of religion is mentioned , I can't wait for bhos to become speechless.

av8torntn

I sure hope that during one of the presidential debates the subject of religion is mentioned , I can't wait for bhos to become speechless.

It is a little amazing how any questions about the religion of Obama were considered crazy, but the extreme leftists are anxiously hoping the media questions the religion of Romney. I would think that the Romney campaign would be quite comfortable if this became a topic and it would be more from a level of desperation from the Obama cult.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is a little amazing how any questions about the religion of Obama were considered crazy, but the extreme leftists are anxiously hoping the media questions the religion of Romney. I would think that the Romney campaign would be quite comfortable if this became a topic and it would be more from a level of desperation from the Obama cult.

Really? Mormonism is typically classified as a cult religion, along with Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses. Before it became clear that Romney was going to be the GOP candidate, Extreme Rightists were openly questioning Mitt's religion. Now that he's going to be the one, they are keeping silent about it.

IMO, the Romney campaign is already extremely uncomfortable about being more open about Mormonism. Besides Kolob, there are plenty of other rather interesting aspects of the religion that aren't going to play well to conservative Christians.

In other words, Romney will go down in flames this November. Oh, by the way, how's the Paul campaign going?

bbsam

Staff member
I will let you in on the secret on the LDS faith. It is not about some obscure reference to a planet orbiting one of the countless stars in the night sky......It is about building and working at maintaining a solid family unit. In this world that seems to be tearing at the family from every corner, the LDS faith maintains the family is stronger than the one. There is nothing wrong with a man that has these values.

Seems to describe Obama, no?

gman042

Monkeys.jpg
Monkeys.jpg

gman042

You are nothing but persistent.....I must give you that. It is too bad really that you are all hung up on this right now. You must have nothing better to occupy your mind.

I will tell you this.....Kolob is not and never was prominent doctrine in the LDS Church. There is a reference to Kolob by an ancient prophet in LDS scripture and that is all. Nothing sinister about it. Sure there are places named after the reference and I can name many other places named after people and places in LDS Scripture in UTAH and around the entire country.

Here.....you want enlightment.....The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Read up and get your own answers.

What is the difference between hearsay and heresy? Nothing but a couple of letters.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Names. Crazy things, those names.
I went all the time to the ACME grocery store and never once saw the roadrunner there.

Utah has some different city names......
Tooele (two-ell-a)
Kanab
Goshen
Beaver
Heber (home of the Heber Creeper)
Helper
Hurricane
Kamas
Eureka
Lehi
Koosharem

etc.

But, strange as they are , they are probably no stranger than names of cities in New Jersey.

I don't think it's strange or cultish when there are pockets of Amish in PA. or parts of Ohio.....and Quakers in other places.
Guess what? The Book of Mormon is free....just request it online and they'll send it to you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are nothing but persistent.....I must give you that. It is too bad really that you are all hung up on this right now. You must have nothing better to occupy your mind.

I will tell you this.....Kolob is not and never was prominent doctrine in the LDS Church. There is a reference to Kolob by an ancient prophet in LDS scripture and that is all. Nothing sinister about it. Sure there are places named after the reference and I can name many other places named after people and places in LDS Scripture in UTAH and around the entire country.

Here.....you want enlightment.....The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Read up and get your own answers.

What is the difference between hearsay and heresy? Nothing but a couple of letters.

It sounds like you have a vested interest in defending The LDS Church, which is fine. From what I've read, Kolob was widely accepted in the Mormon Church up until the 1940's at which time church officials decided it needed to be toned-down. I have also heard of the planet from LDS friends, but only using indirect terms. How about arranged marriages? Yes, they still happen. Mormon women still get "promised" to men by the church.

I really don't care what anyone believes, and Kolob is fine with me. The problem is that Mr. Romney is already having trouble with the conservative Christians, and anything new that is "discovered" in the near future isn't going to be good for the Romney campaign. The Mormons have been spending big money lately trying to convince everyone that they are mainstream. Perhaps in Utah, but not so much anywhere else. The "I'm a Mormon" campaign is omnipresent, but it isn't going to convince Luther the Lutheran in Minnesota that Mitt isn't a cult member. Luther is so straight that he's only had sex with his wife 3 times, and that was for procreation purposes. He isn't going to accept Romney as Christian, and neither are a lot of others.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It sounds like you have a vested interest in defending The LDS Church, which is fine. From what I've read, Kolob was widely accepted in the Mormon Church up until the 1940's at which time church officials decided it needed to be toned-down. I have also heard of the planet from LDS friends, but only using indirect terms. How about arranged marriages? Yes, they still happen. Mormon women still get "promised" to men by the church.

I really don't care what anyone believes, and Kolob is fine with me. The problem is that Mr. Romney is already having trouble with the conservative Christians, and anything new that is "discovered" in the near future isn't going to be good for the Romney campaign. The Mormons have been spending big money lately trying to convince everyone that they are mainstream. Perhaps in Utah, but not so much anywhere else. The "I'm a Mormon" campaign is omnipresent, but it isn't going to convince Luther the Lutheran in Minnesota that Mitt isn't a cult member. Luther is so straight that he's only had sex with his wife 3 times, and that was for procreation purposes. He isn't going to accept Romney as Christian, and neither are a lot of others.
according to only you.

You wish to continue this weird line of thought then you better contact your masters and demand that they begin to push it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
according to only you.

You wish to continue this weird line of thought then you better contact your masters and demand that they begin to push it.

Multiple gods,Spirit children, Polygamy in Heaven, 8 year-olds are accountable for their sins...and so much more. You don't think any of this will be questioned?

bbsam

Staff member
As a Christian, I find it strange to say that I am influenced by a noted athiest when it comes to mormonism. Trey Parker (of South Park fame) and Matt Stone are both fascinated with and very cool with Mormons. That's good enough for me. Still can't wait to see their award winning musical on the faith.

gman042

You are soooooo off course it is almost sad. No..it IS sad. Your rhetoric is is the whole reason there are misconceptions abut the LDS church. I gave you the website. If you can find any proof of what you are saying then show us.

You are sooooo off course in your claims it is almost sad. NO.....it IS sad. Your rhetoric is unfounded and it is why there are so many misconceptions about the LDS chruch. I gave you the website for the LDS Church. If you can find any proof of what you say there then show us.

Don't confuse the LDS church with the RLDS or the FLDS when you do your "research". They are not the same.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
.."How about arranged marriages? Yes, they still happen. Mormon women still get "promised" to men by the church..." (MFE)

You are talking about the "break-out" sects like those of the jailed Warren Jeffs. The Fundamentalist sects where they marry 14 yr. olds to old men.

You need to do some serious reading because the things you talk about are not the LDS church.

This is not the LDS Church !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..