LA/Com Function

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Let me help you out.

Here's what you posted that I replied to.

And my reply was directed at the following question that you asked.

I answered your question and then you basically posted it again.

So here goes again.

Anytime you have a package addressed to a different location that you deliver it to, and don't make an attempt on at the addressed location, you use DUP so the package is not counted as a separate stop for time purposes, and the LA to show where the package was left at. Hence LA/COM DUP.

Now to the other question that you asked, that I did not respond to since it was not in your post.

Sounds to me like you need to put each address as a separate stop and then use the LA/COM DUP. You're paid by the hour, are you not. I believe you're showing a misdelivered package, or packages, since it was not delivered to the address on the label and you did not show where it was actually delivered to via LA.

No wonder. You're delivering countless packages to the wrong address, according to the label, without using LA.

I wasn't asking the question again, I was explaining why I had asked it the second time, since you seemed to not like the fact that I had asked twice. I was told I was doing it correctly, but the info provided here made me question that so I sought further clarification. I also included the information that I then had a grasp on, so that it didn't need to be gone back over. Anyway, you were helpful, and I appreciate the time.

I don't have a problem putting in the extra time to do it properly. I run into problems between the shear number of packages and the complexity of the stop, which is compounded by air commits, etc. I needed better understanding of the situation so I could explain to my sup and dispatcher why I needed things to be changed around. I believe I have the information needed to do that now, so thanks to you guys for helping with that.

The one thing I am still not clear on: you and others mention la/com dup. I see dup/com and la/com, but not la/com dup. I don't understand the la/com dup reference. Do you hit both keys? Do you hit the dup key in the address screen then prerecord, then la/com? Is there another key I'm not seeing? Or is it just a reference to a time when the two were combined into one function?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I wasn't asking the question again, I was explaining why I had asked it the second time, since you seemed to not like the fact that I had asked twice. I was told I was doing it correctly, but the info provided here made me question that so I sought further clarification. I also included the information that I then had a grasp on, so that it didn't need to be gone back over. Anyway, you were helpful, and I appreciate the time.

I don't have a problem putting in the extra time to do it properly. I run into problems between the shear number of packages and the complexity of the stop, which is compounded by air commits, etc. I needed better understanding of the situation so I could explain to my sup and dispatcher why I needed things to be changed around. I believe I have the information needed to do that now, so thanks to you guys for helping with that.

The one thing I am still not clear on: you and others mention la/com dup. I see dup/com and la/com, but not la/com dup. I don't understand the la/com dup reference. Do you hit both keys? Do you hit the dup key in the address screen then prerecord, then la/com? Is there another key I'm not seeing? Or is it just a reference to a time when the two were combined into one function?

I believe you need to hit both keys to show LA and DUP.