LA/Com Function

Rack em

Made the Podium
It definitely used to. It doesn't anymore. But I still do it, and you should too!
I don't want to get fired for wasting company property when I don't have to! I am soooo scared of management and they will come after me if I go over my daily info notice budget.

Jk....I will start scanning them, no big deal. Most of the time it's next day access point packages that I drop off at an access point the same day. So there is already an info notice scanned from before.

barnyard

KTM rider
Anybody use the LA/Com or LA/Res function in the diad? Are we allowed to?

Did it today for a business that opens at noon. I delivered to the neighboring shop at 10:40. LA/COM, then you get a dialog box to enter in where you left it. I entered FLORIST. If it is a resi and I left it at a neighbors, I use either their last name or their house number.

Because you are old and slow....

3BB9E08A-BB30-4734-B9AE-E3950A31A1C4.gif

What do you do when you go the apartment office and BAM, it's closed???

Do you go back to each apartment and leave a notice?

Scan a notice at each apartment the first time!
I scan at apts for that reason only. If office is closed, I do not go back to change the notice.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I did finally notice the dup/res and dup/com on the prerecord screen. I've seen them but have never, ever used them, so I ignored them and eventually forgot about them. What is their actual purpose? I've only used the la options.

I did finally notice the dup/res and dup/com on the prerecord screen. I've seen them but have never, ever used them, so I ignored them and eventually forgot about them. What is their actual purpose? I've only used the la options.
It’s the only way to go. Less complicated. Used for multiple stops.

IESucks

I tried it for the first time yesterday. I have a few stops on my route that are split up in the diad, that go to the same place. Using the LA/Com feature, changes my Stops per hour from 15 to 21 for the day. I figure I'll just keep using it until I'm told not too.
Or when you're fired for dishonesty claiming more stops than you're doing.smh

IESucks

There are LA/RES DUP and LA/COM DUP key's specifically for leave at situations. This is not the duplicate key on the screen that you enter the address in.

There is DIAD training for this. I bet some birdie will be reading this and decide to push that training out to the drivers soon. Or coincidentally it's on the agenda for an appearance soon.
Lol. You think ups management cares about brown cafe?? Lmfao

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Haven't you read this thread that you posted in?

You use the DUP when you deliver multiple addresses to one address without making an attempt at all the other locations.

The DUP does not give you time credit for that package. You only get credit for one stop, because that is all you did, one stop.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

Or when you're fired for dishonesty claiming more stops than you're doing.smh
Lol, highly doubt I'll get fired for this. And as far as I'm concerned, UPS doesn't want me taking credit for all those stops, then dispatch should fix the problem. At any rate, after doing it for 2 days, I sort of find it to be more of a hassle than it's really worth. Over 20 of my stops have multiple addresses, just a pain to separate and scan each one separately.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Haven't you read this thread that you posted in?

You use the DUP when you deliver multiple addresses to one address without making an attempt at all the other locations.

The DUP does not give you time credit for that package. You only get credit for one stop, because that is all you did, one stop.

Have you read the thread? I was hoping to get a little more info. I pointed out that I have a stop that takes multiple addresses at one central location, and all the addresses are spa'ed to the same HIN. I scan the first package with the correct address, then I scan all others under the same stop. They get between 50 an 200 pcs a day, and I think it would get be too much to sort them all out, scan all the same address, prerecord, scan all the next address, prerecord, etc. The dock workers take the packages and sort them according to their system as soon as I pull them out of the car.

My on road confirmed the way I was doing it was correct. It does, however, change the address in tracking to show the address the package was actually delivered to. That sometimes causes dfu's, but the dock workers look up the package in their system, and sign as positive, so big whoop.

Since other people seemed to be trained differently, I was wondering if I could get some more insight into the point of the dup/com key. I assume it causes the packages to show the original address on tracking? If I had some more info, I could go to my on road and talk to him intelligently about doing that stop properly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Have you read the thread? I was hoping to get a little more info. I pointed out that I have a stop that takes multiple addresses at one central location, and all the addresses are spa'ed to the same HIN. I scan the first package with the correct address, then I scan all others under the same stop. They get between 50 an 200 pcs a day, and I think it would get be too much to sort them all out, scan all the same address, prerecord, scan all the next address, prerecord, etc. The dock workers take the packages and sort them according to their system as soon as I pull them out of the car.

My on road confirmed the way I was doing it was correct. It does, however, change the address in tracking to show the address the package was actually delivered to. That sometimes causes dfu's, but the dock workers look up the package in their system, and sign as positive, so big whoop.

Since other people seemed to be trained differently, I was wondering if I could get some more insight into the point of the dup/com key. I assume it causes the packages to show the original address on tracking? If I had some more info, I could go to my on road and talk to him intelligently about doing that stop properly.

Let me help you out.

Here's what you posted that I replied to.

And my reply was directed at the following question that you asked.

What is their actual purpose?

I answered your question and then you basically posted it again.

I was wondering if I could get some more insight into the point of the dup/com key.

So here goes again.

Anytime you have a package addressed to a different location that you deliver it to, and don't make an attempt on at the addressed location, you use DUP so the package is not counted as a separate stop for time purposes, and the LA to show where the package was left at. Hence LA/COM DUP.

Now to the other question that you asked, that I did not respond to since it was not in your post.

I scan the first package with the correct address, then I scan all others under the same stop.

Sounds to me like you need to put each address as a separate stop and then use the LA/COM DUP. You're paid by the hour, are you not. I believe you're showing a misdelivered package, or packages, since it was not delivered to the address on the label and you did not show where it was actually delivered to via LA.

That sometimes causes dfu's

No wonder. You're delivering countless packages to the wrong address, according to the label, without using LA.

IESucks

Lol, highly doubt I'll get fired for this. And as far as I'm concerned, UPS doesn't want me taking credit for all those stops, then dispatch should fix the problem. At any rate, after doing it for 2 days, I sort of find it to be more of a hassle than it's really worth. Over 20 of my stops have multiple addresses, just a pain to separate and scan each one separately.
Seen drivers fired for this many times in my 30 years. Try that argument at the panel when u fight for your job