LA/Com Function

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anybody use the LA/Com or LA/Res function in the diad? Are we allowed to?
Try it and see what happens? I know if you hit missed by mistake the sups are alerted like that War Room scene from that movie WarGames!

21134844F72w80ff.gif

IworkWhatdoUdo??

I tried it for the first time yesterday. I have a few stops on my route that are split up in the diad, that go to the same place. Using the LA/Com feature, changes my Stops per hour from 15 to 21 for the day. I figure I'll just keep using it until I'm told not too.

bumped

Anybody use the LA/Com or LA/Res function in the diad? Are we allowed to?

How do people not know this?

It's 11:00 and Dave's Surf Shop is closed, and right next door in the same strip mall the mortgage lender is open. You take the package to the mortgage lender and ask them to sign for the package. If they say yes, then you use LA/Com get the signature and when prompted put in the address to where you delivered it to. You then follow up by putting a delivery notice on Dave's Surf Shops door explaining the address you left the package.

You would do something very similar for a residence. LA/Res

bumped

I tried it for the first time yesterday. I have a few stops on my route that are split up in the diad, that go to the same place. Using the LA/Com feature, changes my Stops per hour from 15 to 21 for the day. I figure I'll just keep using it until I'm told not too.

This won't end well for you if the packages are addressed to the same address regardless if they are in different lines in your DIAD.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Are you going to multiple locations first, and then leaving them at one spot?
If not ,they will get you for falsifying records, and dishonesty

CoolStoryBro

From what you are describing you are supposed to use the duplicate leave at key. Leave at is only ok if you make an attempt on address before leaving it elsewhere. If you dump a bunch of addresses at one location without a first attempt elsewhere then you have to use duplicate so it doesn't inflate your numbers. You can be disciplined for inflating numbers this way.

Technically you should be using LA/COM DUP If you are not attempting stops at another location. But no one will know/care about a couple stops. If someone does care, they will just tell you to use the duplicate left at.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Why do you even care what stops per hour you are registering? Smh. Do the job honestly, follow the methods. That’s it.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I used to deliver to a utilities company. They had a bunch of buildings all on one yard. It was 4 or 5 different addresses in the board. I had to go to each different building, drop the pkgs then finally go to receiving. Drop the bulk of it there. Do left at/comm and have the receiving guy sign for everything I left at all the different buildings. It was weird but I dont ask questions.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The way I was trained the dup key is for if you reattempt the same stop twice. Like when you need a signature at a residence, and you knock, ring the bell, wait, fill out, stick and scan the info notice, ni1, stop complete, walk back to the car, put the package back into the cargo area, and just as you are about to buckle in the person finally opens the door and gives you that angry panicked look and starts yelling for you to stop. That's the only time I use the dup key, if I remember to.

tarbar66

I used to deliver to a utilities company. They had a bunch of buildings all on one yard. It was 4 or 5 different addresses in the board. I had to go to each different building, drop the pkgs then finally go to receiving. Drop the bulk of it there. Do left at/comm and have the receiving guy sign for everything I left at all the different buildings. It was weird but I dont ask questions.
Working as directed, keeping the customer happy. Makes dispatch look good too.

CoolStoryBro

The way I was trained the dup key is for if you reattempt the same stop twice. Like when you need a signature at a residence, and you knock, ring the bell, wait, fill out, stick and scan the info notice, ni1, stop complete, walk back to the car, put the package back into the cargo area, and just as you are about to buckle in the person finally opens the door and gives you that angry panicked look and starts yelling for you to stop. That's the only time I use the dup key, if I remember to.

There are LA/RES DUP and LA/COM DUP key's specifically for leave at situations. This is not the duplicate key on the screen that you enter the address in.

There is DIAD training for this. I bet some birdie will be reading this and decide to push that training out to the drivers soon. Or coincidentally it's on the agenda for an appearance soon.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There are LA/RES DUP and LA/COM DUP key's specifically for leave at situations. This is not the duplicate key on the screen that you enter the address in.

There is DIAD training for this. I bet some birdie will be reading this and decide to push that training out to the drivers soon. Or coincidentally it's on the agenda for an appearance soon.

I use LA/RES and LA/COM. Never noticed a "dup" in there. I'll check it out today. I do so many things automatically with the diad I don't put much thought into it.

Now that I think about it, I always prerecord and use the LA option from the prerecord screen, maybe that's different from what you are talking about? I have one bulk stop that takes multiple addresses, I just scan them all under the same stop. Had one ORS question that, I told him I had never been told to do it otherwise. He made some calls, and apparently confirmed that I was doing it right. I guess I should have asked what he thought the issue was.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Went through all of this with some guys years back at my center. Delivering to dorms everything goes to the front desk. Guys were always talk to do LA with multiple stops. Some days that might add 60 stops.

Then they started saying no it’s all 1 stop. Ok cool whatever you want. Problem is then guys were running 3-4 hours over every day and getting on the 9.5 list because they had to have at least an eight hour plan.

Was a pain in the ass because literally nothing changed with the drivers. Just the way they figured their numbers.