LA/Com Function

542thruNthru

Get back to work

I am working. Per Section 10, Subsection 2 (b) of the SWR.
sketch-1550790664832.png

Don't turn into a Western Region hater like @Box Ox :)

IworkWhatdoUdo??

Why do you even care what stops per hour you are registering? Smh. Do the job honestly, follow the methods. That’s it.
I care, simply because their dumb dispatches shows me paid over by an hour or hour and a half everyday.... I've done the route for over a year, and it never changes. I don't particularly think it's dishonest, as some stops legitimately have 8 or 9 different addresses that go to the same place.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

So the consensus I'm gathering here, is that the LA/Com feature should only be used if I'm trying to deliver to different companies, but end up delivering it to an alt address?

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
My dispatcher has fixed this very issue address labels do not match at the address in the DIAD. This some new drivers screw up and start address correcting and sheeting up packages NSN. Clerk does his job and now all of sudden I am getting signatures at stops where I don’t typically. And the bid driver comes back the next week and tries to chew both of us out. Greenhorn for burning the route and me for being better liked.

wayfair

swollen member
The way I was trained the dup key is for if you reattempt the same stop twice. Like when you need a signature at a residence, and you knock, ring the bell, wait, fill out, stick and scan the info notice, ni1, stop complete, walk back to the car, put the package back into the cargo area, and just as you are about to buckle in the person finally opens the door and gives you that angry panicked look and starts yelling for you to stop. That's the only time I use the dup key, if I remember to.

Why wouldn't you just go to edit, delete the package/stop, then re-scan and deliver??

The only time I "dup" is when I can't find the missing package at the time of delivery, and maybe, just maybe, I find it at the next stop.

I don't use "dup" even if they bring a misload later in the day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why wouldn't you just go to edit, delete the package/stop, then re-scan and deliver??

The only time I "dup" is when I can't find the missing package at the time of delivery, and maybe, just maybe, I find it at the next stop.

I don't use "dup" even if they bring a misload later in the day.

I edit and delete afterwards when I forget to hit dup. Hitting dup is fewer key strokes overall. If I have to travel back to a stop because of a misload, so it's not a reattempt, I don't hit dup. As far as I'm concerned it's a legit extra stop. No one's ever given me grief about that.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
I thought Dup was for air when you reattempt it later in the day because you don’t want to run it the next day

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I care, simply because their dumb dispatches shows me paid over by an hour or hour and a half everyday.... I've done the route for over a year, and it never changes. I don't particularly think it's dishonest, as some stops legitimately have 8 or 9 different addresses that go to the same place.
A key word here. PAID over. Who cares? The union doesn’t recognize time studies, and neither do I. You shouldn’t either.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Spohr went from 15, to 21. Expect an extra 30 stops in the near future

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So the consensus I'm gathering here, is that the LA/Com feature should only be used if I'm trying to deliver to different companies, but end up delivering it to an alt address?

Nope.

It should be used anytime you deliver a package to a different address other than what's on the address label.

The issue is using, or not using LA/COM DUP.

if you deliver 10 different addresses to one stop without using DUP, you are getting, or taking, time credit for 10 stops.

That's why your SPORH went up to 21.

That will also lead you straight to the unemployment office.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Nope.

It should be used anytime you deliver a package to a different address other than what's on the address label.

The issue is using, or not using LA/COM DUP.

if you deliver 10 different addresses to one stop without using DUP, you are getting, or taking, time credit for 10 stops.

That's why your SPORH went up to 21.

That will also lead you straight to the unemployment office.
If I did 10 addresses to one location I would sheet all 10 and pre record them. Then under the pre record screen I would hit LA/Com soft key next to each stop then have whoever sign and type in the left at location and call it good.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If I did 10 addresses to one location I would sheet all 10 and pre record them. Then under the pre record screen I would hit LA/Com soft key next to each stop then have whoever sign and type in the left at location and call it good.

Even though you may not have "benefitted" from it, you just "padded" your day by 9 stops and could get walked out the door for it.

Even though you may not have "benefitted" from it, you just "padded" your day by 9 stops and could get walked out the door for it.
I doubt you would get fired for it the first time, or even the second time. They will just tell you to use the DUP key.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

Exactly what I did.

I highly doubt they can fire me over this until they tell me not to do it, and I do it again. Training in this company is ridiculous. Went through a few basic diad trainings when I went to driving school, but they failed to explain all the functions the diad can do.