LABOR

CJinx

In the article I read it said that politicians are outraged and if UPS does terminate these employees, they risk losing all the breaks they get from Police in traffic tickets. Supposedly over 1 million annually in traffic breaks.
Sounds like a good trade to me; 250 senior employees cut from the payroll and a psychological win over the union for a few million bucks in traffic tickets? Keep in mind that I'm speaking strictly from a business perspective; I'd hate to see 250 people lose their jobs, especially over 1 guy who allegedly can't follow company policy.

hypo hanna

What's wrong with taking free representation?
Because you shift your responsibility onto someone else. Another form of theft.
I can see where your admiration of the corporate oligarchy would make you think this is ethical. "Privatize the profits, socialize the cost".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because you shift your responsibility onto someone else. Another form of theft

Section 8 housing, Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, and so on. I don't really think that free representation is the right idea, but when in Rome, do as the Romans. Welcome to Rome.

hypo hanna

Section 8 housing, Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, and so on. I don't really think that free representation is the right idea, but when in Rome, do as the Romans. Welcome to Rome.
I don't suppose it ever occurred to you Caligula that (A), many of the people who have to utilize those programs had paid their taxes into that system before they fell on hard times and needed assistance. (B), dismantling all of those programs would create a distopian society that would be far more costly then any war.
It it a perfect system? Hardly.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
because that is what they agreed to with the IBT.
That does not answer the question. Upstate thinks he's worth $32 an hour (plus benefits) but he thinks that someone doing pretty much the same job shouldn't make even make $20? Of course his and your attitudes reflect a quality of "I got mine and to hell with everyone else."

STFXG

That does not answer the question. Upstate thinks he's worth $32 an hour (plus benefits) but he thinks that someone doing pretty much the same job shouldn't make even make $20? Of course his and your attitudes reflect a quality of "I got mine and to hell with everyone else."

But it's not the same job. UPS are professional drivers with appearance and safety standards. Ground is full of uneducated tatted up box monkeys that do nothing but straight line and act unprofessionally. Why would they deserve anywhere near the same?

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The philosophy of modern society.

The philosophy of modern US society (GOP-style) is for the 1% to do whatever it takes to keep themselves there and the other 99% in their place. Union-killing, right-to-work states, and all of the pro-Corporate America FOX blather are contributing mightily to the downfall of the middle class.

And people like Dano support that. Just like his keepers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
But it's not the same job. UPS are professional drivers with appearance and safety standards. Ground is full of uneducated tatted up box monkeys that do nothing but straight line and act unprofessionally. Why would they deserve anywhere near the same?

Sent using BrownCafe App
$20 an hour isn't even close to $32 an hour (plus generous benefits) Jethro. That sixth grade education of yours isn't working very well today.

Rainman

Its all good.
The philosophy of modern US society (GOP-style) is for the 1% to do whatever it takes to keep themselves there and the other 99% in their place. Union-killing, right-to-work states, and all of the pro-Corporate America FOX blather are contributing mightily to the downfall of the middle class.

And people like Dano support that. Just like his keepers.
If people looked around, realizing what is really going on, instead of living on their little fantasy world trusting the government to make everything ok, then they might realize how they are getting screwed. It is our fault as individuals and corporately as Americans to stand up for ourselves. Too many people living off the government don't want to question anything as long as they are getting theirs. We have to blame ourselves and our lack of diligence for a lot of what's happening. Forget about singling out one party, neither one is worth anything. We need to get rid of both of them.

Kmart sux. So does walmart.

STFXG

$20 an hour isn't even close to $32 an hour (plus generous benefits) Jethro. That sixth grade education of yours isn't working very well today.

Good point. So what makes them worth more than what starting pay is at express?

Sent using BrownCafe App