LAid off combo worker

UPSTeamster542

I was laid off from my combo about 5 months ago. I've been double shifting due to the option they gave me since i was laid off.I wanted to know if i can be pushed back to a part-timer even though bids might never come back to my building or any other building.

brett636

My understanding is that once your fulltime you cannot go back to parttime. I believe any opening in your past position that comes up should go to you first since you had the job to begin with. It might not be a bad idea to bring this up at your next union meeting or contact your BA for further assistance.

Overpaid Union Thug

What about full-time drivers getting laid off? I haven't had this problem yet because someone higher up on the seniority list always wants an extra day off but I'm speaking theoritical here. Can we go back in the building to get 8 hours or are we just screwed? I don't mind another day off here and there. Who doesn't? What I'm worried about is getting laid off for almost a week or even a whole week.

L

laid off driver

Gee a whole week... i have been laid off since jan 8 and work both shifts to get my 8 hours. it is the worst thing ever to do. this week no vacations so i will be doing it at least another week............

brett636

What about full-time drivers getting laid off? I haven't had this problem yet because someone higher up on the seniority list always wants an extra day off but I'm speaking theoritical here. Can we go back in the building to get 8 hours or are we just screwed? I don't mind another day off here and there. Who doesn't? What I'm worried about is getting laid off for almost a week or even a whole week.

My understanding is that any laid off full timer can bump the lowest seniority part timer in the hub until their job becomes available again. They are still afforded their guaranteed eight hours.

mainebrown

once u r fulltime, they have to give you 8 hours a day....i am a driver, got laid off a month ago...they put me back at my parttime inside rate which is 9.50 per hour....what are u all getting pay for being laid off?

steamroll

the ibt, joint council & your locals had 8 years to strengthen the language for the article 22.3 workers. probably by this new contract is over there will probably be no more combo jobs in 5 years.

Overpaid Union Thug

once u r fulltime, they have to give you 8 hours a day....i am a driver, got laid off a month ago...they put me back at my parttime inside rate which is 9.50 per hour....what are u all getting pay for being laid off?

I don't understand how UPS can bump us back down to our hub pay when we are laid off from driving. I think that we should should have to take a pay cut while double shifting during a driver layoff.

steamroll

I don't understand how UPS can bump us back down to our hub pay when we are laid off from driving. I think that we should have to take a pay cut while double shifting during a driver layoff.
that's the union for us. unfortunately drivers in my building that were laid off, some are working inside the building at their previous or current part time rates & only at 8 hours. probably the laid off drivers should take unemployment.

L

laid off driver

I dont know, but if you made senority and you were making 15.75 you should be making that. I dont know how they could pay you 9.50. I know if you were top rate they would adjust your rate to the top inside rate. I dont think they can pay you part time money when you are full time..

Overpaid Union Thug

that's the union for us. unfortunately drivers in my building that were laid off, some are working inside the building at their previous or current part time rates & only at 8 hours. probably the laid off drivers should take unemployment.

So far my checks are showing driver pay for all hours worked inside the building. I was told by one of our old timers that a driver has to be laid off 7 consecutive days in order for UPS to reduce their pay from the driver rate to that of an inside part-timer.

steamroll

So far my checks are showing driver pay for all hours worked inside the building. I was told by one of our old timers that a driver has to be laid off 7 consecutive days in order for UPS to reduce their pay from the driver rate to that of an inside part-timer.
thanks for the info.:peaceful: