Lakeland Motorcyclist Killed In Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakeland Motorcyclist Killed In Accident

LAKELAND | A 29-year-old Lakeland man was killed Thursday night when his motorcycle was struck by a tractor-trailer on Combee Road.
.threshold_hidden {visibility:none;position:absolute;} .threshold_visible {visibility:block;} According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, Nathan Robert Olney, 3315 S. Oakland Road, was southbound on Combee Road just south of County Road 542 about 8:10 p.m. when his 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle crossed the center line and entered the path of a northbound UPS tractor-trailer.

The UPS tractor-trailer left the roadway in an attempt to avoid a collision with the motorcycle, but the motorcycle struck the left rear axle of the trailer, ejecting Olney, who died at the scene.

The driver’s next of kin, who live in Michigan, were notified early this morning.

No charges will be filed.

dillweed

Am very sorry to hear this, such a sad thing for all involved. UPS driver must feel just sick about this.

sealbasher

for the amount of miles we put on,we are probably the best drivers on the road,but accedents still happen and it is a shame when someone dies .

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
a years salary says that they [the evil empire] will find a way to blame the feeder driver!!!!!! any bets?????
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would hope not. I was thinking they will charge him siunce he went off the road, but the articlle clearly says, he left the road to avoid him. Lets hope not, Im sure the family and the driver are suffering enough.
Gone in a flash, so sad.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
yes it is, could be a suicide by other driver!!!! i am in feeders, and you wouldn't believe the stuff we see every night.you can go through all the training and see all the videos,but when it comes down to it we have a milli second to make a lifes decision wich could affect us for life and the empire will anylize it for weeks and give you some stupis answers. God bless that poor feeder driver he has a long hard mental road ahead of him and i hope ups gets him some help!!!!

L

Load Stand

Not knowing more details, seems like it is unavoidable...at least our driver saw him and tried to take evasive action...if someone crosses center like this, there are only so many reasonable things that one can do to avoid....

Leftinbuilding

I had a similar accident on 08/09/99. By the time the motorcyclist hit me, (head-on. His head hit my windshield right in my face) my two right side tires were on the shoulder of the road. Completely helpless. There was never a question raised about fault, and a psychologist (UPS hired) called me that pm to see if I needed to talk it out. Everyone at UPS was very supportive. Luckily, that guy didn't die.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a similar accident on 08/09/99. By the time the motorcyclist hit me, (head-on. His head hit my windshield right in my face) my two right side tires were on the shoulder of the road. Completely helpless. There was never a question raised about fault, and a psychologist (UPS hired) called me that pm to see if I needed to talk it out. Everyone at UPS was very supportive. Luckily, that guy didn't die.
And that is how it should end. As much as you saw and did the coulda woulda shoulda, you have been punished enough.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. We got the message of a tier 3 accident. But it said driver pulled out in front of the motorcycle. My how they twist the facts

Status
Not open for further replies.