Last ditch effort about rehire status.

bigsnug

I know this has been asked a million times, I googled it and could see it has been many times so I'm not expecting much but I am going to give it a shot anyway.

A long story short is I have been on extended furlough since March with my job and it looks like that is going to extend through the rest of the year. I am on unemployment now but that is going to run out very soon. The only thing hiring around me is UPS as I live in a pretty rural area. I am in my 30s now but I worked for a brief period of time at the Chantilly, VA hub during peak season in the early 2000s. I left when the season was over but I didnt walk out I was on good terms. I moved the next year and applied for a part time job but was told I wasn't eligible (non rehireable). I just chalked it up to :censored2: luck and moved on. My job I'm in now isn't that great and I've honestly been envious of package drivers over the years. I like the idea of the job. I don't care if I have to start at the bottom, I'm willing to do it. Is there anyone I can call or explain my situation too? When I left it was over it was nearly a decade and a half ago. I don't know if I have any recourse but I'd like to at least give myself a chance to talk to someone.

I know this has been asked a million times, I googled it and could see it has been many times so I'm not expecting much but I am going to give it a shot anyway.

A long story short is I have been on extended furlough since March with my job and it looks like that is going to extend through the rest of the year. I am on unemployment now but that is going to run out very soon. The only thing hiring around me is UPS as I live in a pretty rural area. I am in my 30s now but I worked for a brief period of time at the Chantilly, VA hub during peak season in the early 2000s. I left when the season was over but I didnt walk out I was on good terms. I moved the next year and applied for a part time job but was told I wasn't eligible (non rehireable). I just chalked it up to :censored2: luck and moved on. My job I'm in now isn't that great and I've honestly been envious of package drivers over the years. I like the idea of the job. I don't care if I have to start at the bottom, I'm willing to do it. Is there anyone I can call or explain my situation too? When I left it was over it was nearly a decade and a half ago. I don't know if I have any recourse but I'd like to at least give myself a chance to talk to someone.
Try FedEx

If you live in a rural area, the local sup should be available to talk to, he/she can run it up the chain. Go to your local building and give it a shot, best advice I have.

CoolStoryBro

I saw a non-rehire come back once. He personally talked to his former supervisors and they put in a word to get him back.

If you were a peak employee your supervisors probably didn't like you or your performance and intentionally entered you as non-rehire.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

A long story short is I've honestly been envious of package drivers over the years.
tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 77202

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be hired back as a part-time Package Handler.
UPS is always in need of loaders/unloaders.
Apply on the upsjobs.com website.
If the computer allows you to advance through the entire job application & doesn't say anything about not being able to be re-hired, then don't even mention anything about it to anyone & pretend like you never even saw it. 😉

If website gives you problems, I'd go to the building in person & talk to whoever is manning the office.

Once you're working, then you'll be able to get info about a driver job.
📦

Good Luck !
😃

11.19igrad

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be hired back as a part-time Package Handler.
UPS is always in need of loaders/unloaders.
Apply on the upsjobs.com website.
If the computer allows you to advance through the entire job application & doesn't say anything about not being able to be re-hired, then don't even mention anything about it to anyone & pretend like you never even saw it. 😉

If website gives you problems, I'd go to the building in person & talk to whoever is manning the office.

Once you're working, then you'll be able to get info about a driver job.
📦

Good Luck !
😃
jumping off a cliff right into gods brown dusty arms is the same difference 💋