Last seasonal. What's a test route for ft?

Seasonaldriver69

So today I was told it's 30 days not 5. confused as to why it changed but it's a different supervisor. never the less... really hoping this turns out like it's supposed to. I believe they are hiring me in as a "driver" but the 30 working days I'll be a helper so it may seem until I qualify? hoping I get the driver pay though because I can't pay my bills on whatever a helper makes. driver hardly covers everything with all the over time from peek season. not sure of this going to work out or not.

God I hope it does though don't feel like wrenching anymore. been a mechanic for 25 years. this change of pace is nice compared to the garage 247.

Plus top pay out in 4 years seems oftly nice!! my father in law makes 37 an hour and worKS over 60+ a week. grosses 2100 no kids under 18 so no payments. after taxes insurance and his 401k which is only 120 a week he only brings home about 900.

For those of u on top pay how does it effect your check? very intrested in this even tho not technically ups question.

AlliSeeisBrown

Sounds a little wild. But 30 days is to qualify, and those 30 days you should be behind the wheel. Not a helper. Whole purpose in qualifying is making sure you can handle the equipment and the workload safely and efficiently. I have no idea about your center, but where I'm at, all 3 centers have laid off their seasonals, RTD's and are no longer using helpers. Only reason I'm still driving is because I'm running air exception and I'm not a problem child. Totally different pay scale.

If you're not driving, you won't get driver pay.