Lawsuits against FedEx keep piling up...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know of more than ten major lawsuits by employees that are and will cost FedEx millions. I will share the details soon. The employees are no longer tolerating the company bully tactics. Say what you want, the facts are the facts and FedEx is paying lawyers $500 an hour and still getting its :censored2: kicked.

Let us know so we can spread the word here. I think you're right about employees fighting back. Now that most of them realize the screwing they've been getting, it's payback time. This company has been getting away with murder for a very long time, and they deserve to be held accountable for their actions. A lot of lives and careers have been ruined in the process.

IsItME

I might be able to share within a month but this company is clumsy and dumb as hell. They are getting taken to the woodshed. In each case, the company will lose based on management conduct. I know it's a very rich company but I'd love to get a good look at the financials and what they're spending on legal fees. It's awesome.

Need justice

I have been terminated wrongfully. I even got unemployment with a letter stating the reason for the wrongful termination. I did not show willful negligence. Was given 3rd letter for forgetting my wallet with licence at terminal. I was getting constant harassment from senior manager who was what I believe trying to produce a situation in which I would fail. Making my start time later yet expect me to work just as much on a rural delivery route then shuttle to airport run 60 miles out of the terminal. Not just the 30 from my route area. Didn't train me properly on the new route so of course running mad to get things accomplished. The other employees not all were aiding in this attempt and was worse on their end. They even told me to drive without my wallet to a location they could fill my tank to make it the 90 miles for the outbound shuttle. Then later denied that. It was a complete set up. Then more after that on paid suspension claimed I was following one of the drivers to a very public location of which I had proved business at (government agency). Sent FedEx security to investigate (not using normal police for this) then pulling me in for what only seemed like an interrogation. All while I was winning the letter for wallet thing. I filed discrimination claim but my state fairly even looked into it. Every attorney claim to just and said not saying not valid just not willing to take it. The person who was really pushing it along was the one making the following claim. They did a lot of harassment along with a small group they seemed to conspire this all with. Also using some political pull that had from personal family connections from what it seems. I beleive the reasoning for my case being shut down so quickly. Anyone for some ideas that I can pursue? It's been 1 year 6 months but I'm not giving up.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have been terminated wrongfully. I even got unemployment with a letter stating the reason for the wrongful termination. I did not show willful negligence. Was given 3rd letter for forgetting my wallet with licence at terminal. I was getting constant harassment from senior manager who was what I believe trying to produce a situation in which I would fail. Making my start time later yet expect me to work just as much on a rural delivery route then shuttle to airport run 60 miles out of the terminal. Not just the 30 from my route area. Didn't train me properly on the new route so of course running mad to get things accomplished. The other employees not all were aiding in this attempt and was worse on their end. They even told me to drive without my wallet to a location they could fill my tank to make it the 90 miles for the outbound shuttle. Then later denied that. It was a complete set up. Then more after that on paid suspension claimed I was following one of the drivers to a very public location of which I had proved business at (government agency). Sent FedEx security to investigate (not using normal police for this) then pulling me in for what only seemed like an interrogation. All while I was winning the letter for wallet thing. I filed discrimination claim but my state fairly even looked into it. Every attorney claim to just and said not saying not valid just not willing to take it. The person who was really pushing it along was the one making the following claim. They did a lot of harassment along with a small group they seemed to conspire this all with. Also using some political pull that had from personal family connections from what it seems. I beleive the reasoning for my case being shut down so quickly. Anyone for some ideas that I can pursue? It's been 1 year 6 months but I'm not giving up.
Wow, that's a whole lot of rambling. If it's been a year and six months, why not move on? It's not like you're fighting for a great job.

NJ Fedex worker

I've never heard of one, but it certainly could exist. After the $51M Black/Latino management discrimination settlement a few years back, FedEx began publishing The Diversity Appeal, which "proved" they weren't racist. They also hired a pile of new attorneys.
they were discriminating against black and latino?

Noreaga

Megee v. Federal Express

Jee v. Federal Express Corporation

Butler v. Federal Express Corporation

Minihane v. Federal Express Corporation

The first three suits were all filed with a one week period. All filed for Employment Discrimination which broadly covers many reasons including Whistleblower Retaliation. These suits are all filed is one district court in one part of Northern California. If it is indicative of what is going on in the United States than there must be thousands of new lawsuits against FedEx maybe more. No wonder, considering the way they treat people in their bid to get rid of the older topped out work force, cut benefits and hours and generally keep everyone in a state of fear about losing their jobs. How is that PSP working Fred?
Safety means nothing now. In my station there is an investigation over turn over rate and our station is a "focus" station because accidents and injuries are through the roof. Management turns a blind eye everyday to people working through unpaid lunch breaks. Mention safety and you will be targeted. Maybe a warning OLCC about your sock color or supply levels in your truck. Go against them and its a warning letter next.
My advice, save every piece of paper, take photos of physical risks in the station, look for and keep hand written cheat sheets of airbill numbers, keep a journal and never ever sign anything. You may need these things one day.
If there was a way for everyone in FedEx family including ground and home delivery to walk out however longer it takes... tell me that won't get someone's attention.. remember you can get results in numbers but it has to everyone.. Old Fred will not be retiring no time soon with this going on...

dmac1

Nothing new here. I beat Fedex twice even with their high dollar attornies. Once in state unemployment hearing, where the state found that I was an employee even though fedex claimed I was a contractor, helping with the final 9th circuit ruling years later, and the second time in finding that the arbitration clause was unenforcable due it its glaringly obvious unfairness.

bacha29

If there was a way for everyone in FedEx family including ground and home delivery to walk out however longer it takes... tell me that won't get someone's attention.. remember you can get results in numbers but it has to everyone.. Old Fred will not be retiring no time soon with this going on...
The two major misclassification class actions at Ground have been settled out of court with X not admitting a liability. This in turn gives X pretty much clear sailing labor wise at that operating unit. As for Express the boomer generation is retiring and fading out of the picture. It's up to the new generation collectively chart out it's own future with the company. Only when the entire X workforce adopts a nothing to lose frame of mind will it be ready to take the risks of trying to organize. Unfortunately way too many employees at X are living way beyond their means resulting in debt loads that no one it their right mind should be trying to carry. The result is that they'll talk the talk but that will be as far as it goes. The last and best weapon the blue collar workforce will always have will be not to accept the employment in the first place.