Lawsuits against FedEx keep piling up...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Will do. The only reason I've waited so long is because my attorney said it's best to proceed with support of the EEOC findings, but even if they don't find anything I still feel that with the unemployment recording and the their own policy disputing their actions I have a strong case.

thanks

You've told us everything except what the actual EEO complaint is.

Nolimitz

I was wrongly terminated by fedex in jan 2013. Been waiting on the EEOC to conduct their investigation since June or July of that year. 4 years later and i'm still waiting. After receiving unemployment fedex put a stop to it. We had a hearing where I won. The manager, among his many lies, claimed when I went over 12 hours I violated DOT policy and anyone who goes over 12 hrs has to fill out a log book (He actually said these these thing at the unemployment hearing that was RECORDED. I have it all on my computer file, dvd, external hard drive and my lawyer has it). As if it were the first time I or anyone else at the 4 stations i've worked at have never gone over 12 hours before. I had previously submitted paperwork which included the DOT hours of service, which, i believe, said 14 hours is a violation. This manager went so far as to say that I previously viewed the "HOURS OF SERVICE" video, so I should have known better. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. When it was my turn to speak i told the unemployment officer that I was told to watch the "HOURS OF SERVICE VIDEO" after i was pulled off the road, which was after the incident and that video say "14 hours, not 12". I won my unemployment hearing. Fedex then appealed the verdict. In February of 2014 on valentines day I had another phone hearing, but this time with my lawyer present on the other line. After unemployment introduces himself and everybody else in attendance the fedex rep said "he has a lawyer". My lawyer said yes, I am a licensed attorney in the state of Florida. The fedex rep then said "I was told not to proceed if he has an attorney". the unemployment officer said, "do you mean you would like to postpone the hearing, so you can have your lawyer present". The fedex rep said "no, I was told not to proceed if he has an attorney". At which point my lawyer said " I would like it on the record that fedex declined to proceed with the hearing". the unemployment officer agreed, so I won the hearing again. They new that more lied would hurt them even more.

I was written up for giving outbound freight to another courier without management approval. I was written up for driving during my lunch break (as if they don't tell us and expect us to do it). After being written up i had to have a meeting with the manager, senior manager, district manager, HR rep and an outside witness. to back track a little, I has sent a msg thru the pwr pad saying that I had way too much work and needed help and I was told not to worry I will get help. fast forward after that day. I had contacted dispatch to get copies of the transcript of that day to prove i did indeed ask for help. I was told they were not allowed to give me that information, but then assured me management had already gotten those transcripts. At that point i knew there would be trouble and the fix was now in. Now, back to the meeting. The senior manager put forth the transcripts and said there was no mention of my asking for help in the system. I said that was a lie, she said I have them all right here and there's nothing here about help. I then said I did ask for help and those messages should still be in the system, even after being deleted they can still be found. I all fell on deaf ears. that was my last day at fedex.

as i mentioned this is just a few pieces of what was done and said to me and I have to whole unemployment hearing recording and can provide it if anyone is interested. But first, as suggested by my sister, i'm going to wait to check with my lawyer first. After having to contact my Government representative senator Cardin, suggested by my lawyer, twice, the senators office supplied me with a letter from the EEOC stating they will conclude their investigation by early September or earlier.

I tried to contact the EEOC, but was unable to do so I had to get a senator involved for them to contact me, and when I finally did after some discussion and mentioning my lawyer to the rep I was told they could not speak to me, but had to go through my attorney and said he didn't know I had an attorney, so he couldn't speak to me. I said how could you not know I have an attorney, how do you think you got the paperwork and a case number, I surely didn't give it to you. he just said he didn't know.

I just wanted to write this message to anyone who would listen. a way to vent cause I'm still :censored2:. If anybody has any question or comments feel free to ask away.

thanks for listening

Why is EEOC involved. What discrimination are you claiming?

W

What The Hawk?

I bet one more lawsuit is coming with the recent death of an airport hub employee..

dvalleyjim

I finally got my 200,000.00. SWEET! Keep on mis-classifying ground drivers, you crony capitalist, globalist, American hating Company. Just because you put a layer between your drivers and you, with people thinking their "in business" it won't stand! It's still mis-classification! I drive for FedEx. I deliver FedEx packages, I wear a FedEx uniform, I drive a truck branded with aFedEx logo, my consignees think I'm FedEx. Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!

bacha29

I finally got my 200,000.00. SWEET! Keep on mis-classifying ground drivers, you crony capitalist, globalist, American hating Company. Just because you put a layer between your drivers and you, with people thinking their "in business" it won't stand! It's still mis-classification! I drive for FedEx. I deliver FedEx packages, I wear a FedEx uniform, I drive a truck branded with aFedEx logo, my consignees think I'm FedEx. Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!
I'm happy for you. We guys who were members of the "East Coast" settlement got screwed over good. A fraction of what you guys received and the firm representing both still received the maximum 30% cut out of the EC settlement.

floridays

Quack, Quack.
Don't blow all the cash, reserve the requisite amount for liquor and easy women, carry on.

bacha29

Quack, Quack.
Don't blow all the cash, reserve the requisite amount for liquor and easy women, carry on.
If it's like the EC settlement the entire amount gets dumped into a 2017 1099 which means max tax. I hope to go over to the IRS office and see if my settlement can be applied over the 2001 through 2016 claim period in an effort to boost Social Security earning's years and while I believe the odds are slim to none I will try anyway.

floridays

If it's like the EC settlement the entire amount gets dumped into a 2017 1099 which means max tax. I hope to go over to the IRS office and see if my settlement can be applied over the 2001 through 2016 claim period in an effort to boost Social Security earning's years and while I believe the odds are slim to none I will try anyway.
Advice, speak to a tax attorney. Ask 5 IRS agents a question and you will receive 5 answers.

It will be fine

It's not paid as back compensation. It's a settlement, you're hosed on taxes this year.

bacha29

The same would happen if you talked to 5 different lawyers.
The problem for us EC guys is that the settlement isn't big enough to go to tax court over. About all you can do is simply to ask the iRS to review the matter and if there is a similar case somewhere or language in the code that will allow this type of tax treatment.

bacha29

It's not paid as back compensation. It's a settlement, you're hosed on taxes this year.
The claim is based on 2001 through 2007 and the claim years are 2001 though April 2016. Can't dispute the fact that it's a thin argument but given that multiple years are involved it's worth going over and ask for a ruling based on the facts involved. One other point that I could make is that the decision by XG to lump all the years into one and flipping you a 1099 was done as a matter of convenience and expedience .

dmac1

That is very likely taxable. And this year. Does it kick you into the 30%+ bracket????? Plus state income tax if you have it, maybe even unpaid social security taxes, etc. Don't spend it all in one place.