Layoffs

rod

Retired 22 years
They just never learn. Today I saw a sup out delivering by himself so I called a driver friend who has been layed off. Give em hell friend:angry:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hearing about 22.3 layoffs at CACH yesterday or having 2 hard sides to save your job. Not sure if it's true or not.

Not including layoff, UPS changed a bunch of ujobs here right after bids to 2 hard jobs. Union did nothing, said more or less "don't work as hard, then"

705red

Browncafe Steward
Looks like tdu is taking note of what is going on in chicago. We have been hit with layoffs out of my building. Fulltime 22.3s and ups is using part timers to do this work. We are currently filing grievances and also are filing ulp charges.
http://tdu.org/node/2951

UnderPaidTim

Hello Board.. First off i am a 22.3 in Cach and this is driving us all crazy. They are not cutting by seniority they are cutting by job and displacing everyone. Some getting 2 options some are getting 4. They are telling us if we take the Load/Load we are no longer 22.3 so they do not have to pay the top scale to us after the 30 days. I used to enjoy working there now i just plain hate it. I just wish they knew what they were doing..yeah right that will never happen...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hello Board.. First off i am a 22.3 in Cach and this is driving us all crazy. They are not cutting by seniority they are cutting by job and displacing everyone. Some getting 2 options some are getting 4. They are telling us if we take the Load/Load we are no longer 22.3 so they do not have to pay the top scale to us after the 30 days. I used to enjoy working there now i just plain hate it. I just wish they knew what they were doing..yeah right that will never happen...
Tim if you are a 22.3 combo you are a full time employee. And as a full time employee under local 705's contract you are entitled to your current full time wage. If you are not getting paid what you were as a 22.3 please see a steward or pm me and i will make some calls and have a steward find you!

Ups never does anything right! They do not care about you! Me! Or anyone! We will win this just like we have won everything else in the past! Hang in there!

FAVREFAN

You know Red, I just want to say thank you for doing what you do to help your Teamster brothers. If everyone at the union cared the way you do, we'd be a much better organization.
Last thing I heard at CACH on Friday was that possibly 100 drivers would be coming inside, therefore bumping the bottom 100 22.3's. This is a fluid situation and many senarios are going around right now. I hope 705 is getting it's case ready because the company is getting out of control lately.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You know Red, I just want to say thank you for doing what you do to help your Teamster brothers. If everyone at the union cared the way you do, we'd be a much better organization.
Last thing I heard at CACH on Friday was that possibly 100 drivers would be coming inside, therefore bumping the bottom 100 22.3's. This is a fluid situation and many senarios are going around right now. I hope 705 is getting it's case ready because the company is getting out of control lately.
Remember that CACH is an around the clock operation, so the 22.3s should be able to get back to back shifts to get their 8 and keep their current pay rate.

I appreciate your compliment, but this has been taught to me by a lot of the agents that we do have down at the hall right now.

Red Dawn

hang in if they do yall like they are doing us 22.3 at dfw...well i just hope your union is stronger. unless Keith b at national is going to do anything about the 20,000 jobs then i don't see us getting our jobs back. almost 100 22.3 "displaced" my group eam/hub has been replaced by a part timer on each shift. no bs doing this split shift Preload and come back for twilight sense feb

74transam

Sleeve,
I love your quote about placing pal labels over barcodes. I used to do that when we first started using those in my bldg. Now karma has come back since I've been a clerk.

74transam

hang in if they do yall like they are doing us 22.3 at dfw...well i just hope your union is stronger. unless Keith b at national is going to do anything about the 20,000 jobs then i don't see us getting our jobs back. almost 100 22.3 "displaced" my group eam/hub has been replaced by a part timer on each shift. no bs doing this split shift Preload and come back for twilight sense feb

The same thing happened to us in SoCal. It's a back and forth struggle between 22.3, mgmt and union. Jobs are quietly eliminated or pickup/air routes dissolved and just never filled or in your case, the work is done by two part timers.