Lazy Boy Recliners

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Try imagining 2 in a P500. Two days in a row. Unload to deliver, reload to move to next stop, unload to make pickups, and reload after. Over and over again. Reminds me a little of the 3 box Dell days. Used to get 3-4 a day. Back and forth they went day after day needing signature to get rid of. Some weeks I'd have 6 x 3 Dell boxes blowing the truck out. Don't get me started on those friend'n Nordic Tracks.

What ever happen to those Mother friend'n Pottery Barn monstrosities?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
The portable indoor ac unit, They way a ton, Always upper floor Apts and you know you will be back because they are always damaged. I had a customer who tried three times to get one that wasn't damage. That's was six times that I had to go to her house to their drop off or pickup a portable indoor ac unit.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The portable indoor ac unit, They way a ton, Always upper floor Apts and you know you will be back because they are always damaged. I had a customer who tried three times to get one that wasn't damage. That's was six times that I had to go to her house to their drop off or pickup a portable indoor ac unit.

Yeah and chances are I was the poor bastard that had to pick them up from home depot to ship to you. I get those all the time as a scheduled pickup on a route I regularly cover. They pack them poorly and they're so big and heavy the part time inside guys just drop/thrash them when loading and unloading them.

JackStraw

The ones that get me are the closets. Christ they all weigh 90 and there is no way to make the day unless you go there first thing.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had one of my QVC queens order one a week ago and dam are they huge. Take up a good share of a P5 and no way are going out through the front door. Plan on delivering another this week as she said she ordered two of them in different colors as she couldn't decide which one would go best with her decor. The other will be going back on a call tag. :whiteflag:

Notretiredyet

Those Lazyboys are also the smaller size, already del and then picked up a couple of them. My QVC customers tend to be on the heavier side and they can't fit in them. Remind your customers to save the box, as many of them will be returned due to this issue.

Had one of my QVC queens order one a week ago and dam are they huge. Take up a good share of a P5 and no way are going out through the front door. Plan on delivering another this week as she said she ordered two of them in different colors as she couldn't decide which one would go best with her decor. The other will be going back on a call tag. :whiteflag:
they should send them via Surepost!..lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
​Yeah because logistics means we'll decide how Sleep-Number ships their stuff for them.
Logistics means coordinating a complex operation or execution of getting something done so cachsux was right--the logistics used by the sleep number folks doesn't appear to have been terribly efficient.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I delivered a QVC or HSN recliner a few years ago, it wouldn't fit through the little old lady's door. It was raining, so I took the thing out of the box and slid it through the front door sideways and I stuck the backrest on for her. She tried to tip me, but I refused it. Boxes that big are ridiculous.

Monday I had an add/cut and I was delivering to a power company rear dock. The receiver had a giant street light with an RS label that he wanted to ship out, and I refused it because the length and girth was 152 inches. I called my supervisor a little later about it, and he said he thought we had a 180 inch limit. He told me he would get back with me, but never did. I pulled up UPS.com on my phone and found out the limit is 165 inches now, so I went back and got it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had one today. Came down in the end of the sort. I was going to put it in the back of my truck and get it off 1st stop and then backtrack to where I should have started route. So I scanned the king kong box and it popped up signature required. I was just like are you freakin kiddin me dude. A monster size box and a sig req. I asked the part time supe if he had a bulk truck in and he said yes. So I went down and told the dispatch guy that if I went there and they weren't home I was friend cked for the better half of the 1st part of my day in my lil smurf truck(700). I asked him if I could put it on the bulk truck and he said yes. But anyway its freakin ridiculous for us to be delivering big :censored2: stuff like that. Freakin pissed me off to start my day.

afterthought

I had one today. Came down in the end of the sort. I was going to put it in the back of my truck and get it off 1st stop and then backtrack to where I should have started route. So I scanned the king kong box and it popped up signature required. I was just like are you freakin kiddin me dude. A monster size box and a sig req. I asked the part time supe if he had a bulk truck in and he said yes. So I went down and told the dispatch guy that if I went there and they weren't home I was friend cked for the better half of the 1st part of my day in my lil smurf truck(700). I asked him if I could put it on the bulk truck and he said yes. But anyway its freakin ridiculous for us to be delivering big :censored2: stuff like that. Freakin pissed me off to start my day.
How much does it weight?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

HOLD THE PHONE ...........Your center has a bulk truck ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rico

Reminds me of the Nordic Track love affair UPS had for a while. 75% of the time you were back with a call tag within 6 weeks to pick the damm things back up.