Leaders Tell FedEx CEO to Protect Middle Class Jobs

Wow. FedEx All The Way must not leave the house much. Down hear in SoCal
on my route I would never hear a Fedex driver talk negative. Now THEY (take note of the use of plural) seek me out to unload their thoughts! ***!!! I honestly thought that company would never go union. Now I think "how much longer before they do?".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
on my route I would never hear a Fedex driver talk negative. Now THEY (take note of the use of plural) seek me out to unload their thoughts! ***!!! I honestly thought that company would never go union. Now I think "how much longer before they do?".

Great observation, and very true. Even the most purple-blooded employees are starting to see the light and realize that the only way they're ever going to get out from under Fred is to go union. The final straw for most of us was the pension take-away. Now that it's been revealed (in the Annual Report) that they funded the pilot's pension plan via eliminating ours, even the most ignorant among us realize that Fred screwed us big-time.

I think that FedExAllThe Way only sees it from a management perspective, which is understandable given she's married to a manager,but very few hourlies are buying into the lies anymore. Fred has had his way with us for 35 years, and it's coming to an end very soon.

Testicular Fortitude

Now the ops managers are getting annoyed with upper management.The latest scoop is they might be getting another pay cut and be given more work and responsibility.In the northeast the majority of the couriers even the senior couriers 20 plus years servive are disgusted with the way things are going.Hopefully they will vote union when the time comes.

Testicular Fortitude

Just one question. If the teamsters are so bad why do UPS drivers get paid more than the express guys and UPS still has lots of cash reserve and not FedEx.
Its basically simple UPS upper management is a lot smarter than Fred S.The golden rule of any good company is You take care of your employees they will take good care of the company they work for.The Teamsters Union and UPS management work together the majority of the time to the benefit of all.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Its basically simple UPS upper management is a lot smarter than Fred S.The golden rule of any good company is You take care of your employees they will take good care of the company they work for.The Teamsters Union and UPS management work together the majority of the time to the benefit of all.

Amen. UPS isn't perfect either, but at least their management recognizes the need to pay employees fairly. They deserve a premium level of performance for the high wages they pay, and they get it. Fred gets way more than he deserves from us, and that's coming to a stop very soon.

FedEx All the Way!

No Delta mechanics union

Delta Air Lines' 6,700-plus aircraft maintenance technicians and related workers won't be unionized, the airline and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association announced.

The National Mediation Board granted a union request to drop its certification to represent the larger workforce created by Delta's merger with Northwest Airlines last October.

The union said an attempt to collect authorization cards to represent the workers fell short of the required number.

Take a hint from the Delta mechanics and grow up union children! Isn't it ironic that the same losers who support unions and the repeal of secret ballots arrogantly spread their bilge "secretly" on message boards. Of course, BO will save you right??

FedEx All the Way!

Great observation, and very true. Even the most purple-blooded employees are starting to see the light and realize that the only way they're ever going to get out from under Fred is to go union. The final straw for most of us was the pension take-away. Now that it's been revealed (in the Annual Report) that they funded the pilot's pension plan via eliminating ours, even the most ignorant among us realize that Fred screwed us big-time.

I think that FedExAllThe Way only sees it from a management perspective, which is understandable given she's married to a manager,but very few hourlies are buying into the lies anymore. Fred has had his way with us for 35 years, and it's coming to an end very soon.

No Delta mechanics union

Delta Air Lines' 6,700-plus aircraft maintenance technicians and related workers won't be unionized, the airline and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association announced.

The National Mediation Board granted a union request to drop its certification to represent the larger workforce created by Delta's merger with Northwest Airlines last October.

The union said an attempt to collect authorization cards to represent the workers fell short of the required number.

Take a hint from the Delta mechanics and grow up union children! Isn't it ironic that the same losers who support unions and the repeal of secret ballots arrogantly spread their bilge "secretly" on message boards.
Of course, the BO will save you right??????:blahblah:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No Delta mechanics union

Take a hint from the Delta mechanics and grow up union children! Isn't it ironic that the same losers who support unions and the repeal of secret ballots arrogantly spread their bilge "secretly" on message boards.
Of course, the BO will save you right??????:blahblah:

What's the difference between the commercial airlines and FedEx? Oh right, they're basically bankrupt, and have been in financial peril for years now...unlike FedEx. Delta and Northwest are merging with a gun at their heads, and the employees know it. I would suspect that they will eventually regret their decision to not go union.

You're like the gasbag Limbaugh, who selectively shops for "facts" that support his argument(s), conveniently ignoring other more numerous truths.

Your comment on "secrecy' belies your ignorance, because to even mention unions at FedEx has been a death sentence for many years. Even though it's illegal to suppress employees who want to discuss unions, FedEx has been intimidating wokers who dare do so by either firing them or making their work lives even more miserable than they already are.

fethrs

[quote=fed ex all the way Isn't it ironic that the same losers who support unions and the repeal of secret ballots arrogantly spread their bilge "secretly" on message boards.

You have just insulted a huge group of union members who are NOT losers and do NOT arragontlay spread bilge "secretly" on message boards, you lady, need to get it right for once.

FedEx All the Way!

What's the difference between the commercial airlines and FedEx? Oh right, they're basically bankrupt, and have been in financial peril for years now...unlike FedEx. Delta and Northwest are merging with a gun at their heads, and the employees know it. I would suspect that they will eventually regret their decision to not go union.

You're like the gasbag Limbaugh, who selectively shops for "facts" that support his argument(s), conveniently ignoring other more numerous truths.

Your comment on "secrecy' belies your ignorance, because to even mention unions at FedEx has been a death sentence for many years. Even though it's illegal to suppress employees who want to discuss unions, FedEx has been intimidating wokers who dare do so by either firing them or making their work lives even more miserable than they already are.

Have you heard!?! FedEx is helping people by offering free resume printing - Can I get you the address for a FedEx Office location nearby?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you heard!?! FedEx is helping people by offering free resume printing - Can I get you the address for a FedEx Office location nearby?

"Great" comeback.The mods have warned me that I have to be "nice" to you or risk expulsion from this site, so I guess I'll have to bite my tongue even harder.

From now on, I'll be just like Mr Rogers to you. "Have a wonderful day, neighbor!!" "Bye, I've got to go make some muffins now!"

Last edited:

drewed

Shankman
"Great" comeback.The mods have warned me that I have to be "nice" to you or risk expulsion from this site, so I guess I'll have to bite my tongue even harder.
I would hope this offer would be extended to FATW as well, this disagreement is a two way street both are passionate about their standpoints and both have attacked eachother.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would hope this offer would be extended to FATW as well, this disagreement is a two way street both are passionate about their standpoints and both have attacked eachother.

I would hope so, but I don't know. Where is the line drawn? In my humble opinion, the latitude given certain members of the BC is very different than that given to yours truly. If you cannot take the heat of the intellectual kitchen, don't go running to the mods for help, as others have in the past. In the meantime, "Have a great day, neighbor" and may God bless all of us fine Americans and most of all, Fred S, because he's the greatest businessman of all time and a true American because he hates unions. And God bless Sarah Palin,and Rush Limbaugh, and George W. Bush too, and all of those other great conservatives that hate Commies and unions like Fred does. I'm just so thankful that I work for such a wonderful company that cares so much about it's employees. You should all kiss the ground that Smith walks on and pray that he overcomes evil and mean little men like MrFedEx.

FedEx All the Way!

From now on, I'll be just like Mr Rogers to you. "Have a wonderful day, neighbor!!" "Bye, I've got to go make some muffins now!"

I got the same message, and I'll be like Mary Poppins. How did your muffins turn out? Hope your kids enjoyed them. Well I'm off to work now.
Have a great day!!!
Later,

wrecker

Union would be horrible for you guys.

They'd probably take away the 5 hour lunches and some of the other great benefits of working at fedex. Might go up a tax bracket too.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good points!

Boy, losing that unpaid 5 hours in the middle of the day would not be good...

Perhaps in isolated areas, but where I work, most couriers fake a full hour lunch and spend at least 15 of those minutes re-sorting, doing paperwork etc. Some even do pickups off the clock and then process those same pkgs after returning from "lunch".They have collapsed so many routes that we are still very busy (and productive).

Please tell me where FedEx people are sitting for 5 hours a day. We're not mothballing package cars and feeder tractors like UPS, nor are most of us sitting on our butts. Where are you getting your info?