Leaders Tell FedEx CEO to Protect Middle Class Jobs

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have to read between the lines of a pro-union article to see that it isn't really?

Mmk... I've had my dose of crazy for today.

That was most definitely a pro-union article, and you can't say things like you just said because the moderators consider that to be insulting. 2+2=3, the Pope is Lutheran, and FXATW is completely sane and rational at all times.

FedEx All the Way!

That was most definitely a pro-union article, and you can't say things like you just said because the moderators consider that to be insulting. 2+2=3, the Pope is Lutheran, and FXATW is completely sane and rational at all times.

Mary Poppins apologizes. It was not meant to insult anyone!:its_all_good:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is impossible mrfedex, fxatw is NEVER wrong, never, never, neverrrrr.

I have to be really careful lest I upset the moderators, so I'll just agree with her all the time from now on. Unions are bad, Fred S is good, and all of his employees love him.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
If the mods (collectively, not you as an individual) didn't have such a heavy hand, I could actually say what I think.

Interesting how you blame the mods heavy hand for your inability to express yourself without insults...

Of all people you should know the terms of service, you were a mod once and you were unable to comply with the house rules even then...

Isn't this supposed to be a forum for an open exchange of ideas?

That's exactly what it is, thanks for noticing.:happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Interesting how you blame the mods heavy hand for your inability to express yourself without insults...

Of all people you should know the terms of service, you were a mod once and you were unable to comply with the house rules even then...

That's exactly what it is, thanks for noticing.:happy-very:

Ah, the heaviest hand of all speaks. You are correct that I was a mod when the FedEx Forums began. Unfortunately, I can't be as PC as you are, especially on topics that affect me directly (like unionizing) or dealing with people who distort the facts.

You've always landed hard on me, even though others also use insults and have nothing said or done about it. If you can't be impartial, perhaps you should step out of the moderator shoes yourself.

The house rules should be applied equally to all, not just those who aren't on your list of buddies. If you'd like, I can pull-up hundreds of examples that prove my point. Within the last few posts on this threads are several insulting terms that have not been censored or dealt with. You've even censored me for using the word Hell, which is a Biblical term. Are you a product of parochial school, or will you bust me for asking that too?

I'm sure all of your supporters will come running to your defense now, but discussions that are too polite are also very bland. If someone is ignorant, what's wrong with pointing it out?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ah, the heaviest hand of all speaks. You are correct that I was a mod when the FedEx Forums began. Unfortunately, I can't be as PC as you are, especially on topics that affect me directly (like unionizing) or dealing with people who distort the facts.

In other words you cannot refrain from using insults to get your point across. Your argument is flawed and it's not fair for others here to be exposed to your inability to voice your opinions civilly.

You've always landed hard on me, even though others also use insults and have nothing said or done about it. If you can't be impartial, perhaps you should step out of the moderator shoes yourself.

Not true at all. If I come across someone who has done what you have I treat them exactly the same. You see I have no personal vendetta with anyone here I'm just doing my job.

I'm sure all of your supporters will come running to your defense now, but discussions that are too polite are also very bland. If someone is ignorant, what's wrong with pointing it out?

I don't need a defense I have you! I rest my case!:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have to be really careful lest I upset the moderators, so I'll just agree with her all the time from now on. Unions are bad, Fred S is good, and all of his employees love him.

There is a huge difference between attacking a person and disagreeing with that person's point of view.

I have personally observed management personnel at UPS lose their jobs, get demoted or lose their stock for a year for attacking other people (calling them stupid, calling them an idiot, etc.).
I've never seen anyone disciplined for disagreeing with another person's point of view.

Not that what I have observed within UPS is relevant to the Brown Cafe ...
but there are TOS for this subject for the Brown Cafe which I have posted below:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-site. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion forum about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

The above is from the TOS at the URL below:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reread the TOS, you were a mod once, there is a reason you are not one now.

Here's my point, which nobody seems to get (is that an insult?). A moderator needs to be impartial, and from what I've seen on many occasions, that simply isn't the case, particularly with SatelliteDriver and Tony Express. There's a double standard in place.

When I first came onto this site I was consistently attacked, insulted and on and on. Nothing was done, and I've been insulted quite a few times since. I'm a big boy and I can deal with it. Others obviously cannot.

While I agree that things have sometimes gotten out of hand, throwing a wet blanket on debate makes for a pretty dull conversation. If you want a Wonder Bread Forum, I'll happily comply.