Leaving UPS and being paid for time left over

MastermindIV

At the end of the year, after almost 2 years of being a package handler, I ended my tenure at UPS because my family moved to NC from NJ and I asked my supervisor what would happen about my PST because I had 24hrs of it. He told me I’d get paid out for it but I haven’t received any pay nor any notifications about it. Is there something else I should do? I was in the union and that’s the only hours that I’m owed (I believe)

Johney

Not sure how it works where you are but when I retired my Supervisor had to submit some paperwork on my behalf to get my next years vacation time paid out.

BeachBoy

Paid sick time is not cashed out when leaving. The balance in your bank is however, supposed to follow you to your next job.
That's the way the law is written, at least.

boxerdan

First of all OP has been gone for a year.

Secondly, the moral of the story is you should give 2 weeks notice and then called in sick every day if you've got the sick time.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Dude we even got problems with ups paying out your time when you retire. Take your time off before you quit or the union will have to get it from ups

Johney

Dude we even got problems with ups paying out your time when you retire. Take your time off before you quit or the union will have to get it from ups
I had no problem at all nor did anyone else in our feeder dept that retired around the same time. It just takes someone who gives a :censored2: to file what needs to be done.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Probably some California thing....

Somebody fed you a line of crap.

You can always ask for a payoff of your sick days

I left at the end of November so my vacation was already earned. I chose not to go into the new year just for my option week so I got my payout about midweek December. 6 weeks vacation pay.

That's how it works here

But if you had any unsed sick days they also get paid off.

The OP was talking about PST. Not sick time earned contractually.