Leftest Teamsters angered by O'Brien's meeting with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
UPS is "big business", no? Their profits generated via our labor is what allows us a comfortable lifestyle.
Amazon is ”big business” ,no? Their profits generated by their workforce’s labor allows them a……..
oh wait, they are anti union and don’t have one, like what Trump and the right make harder and harder to have by the anti union laws they pass. You are cutting off your nose to spite your face and don’t even know it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Amazon is ”big business” ,no? Their profits generated by their workforce’s labor allows them a……..
oh wait, they are anti union and don’t have one, like what Trump and the right make harder and harder to have by the anti union laws they pass. You are cutting off your nose to spite your face and don’t even know it.
The Amazon, Walmart, and FedEx workers should unionized. They don't want it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

We are putting too much blame on the politicians. The truth is that Union politics and its bureaucrats have for the most part lost touch with their rank and file. There was a time when lower wage workers were pounding on the Local’s door to sign up, what happened?

Let us forget about the previous corruption and the backbiting Union bosses that got into Office strictly thru nepotism. Maybe the real issue is US, do we really believe that our fellow members will stick up for the others that are left behind. Trust me in this … I am Union period .. but it is hard to believe it is working when you can not tell the difference between our leadership from the Companies, same suit, different tie clip.

Trump hates Bezos, maybe it is personal thing. He would love for Amazon to go Union purely out of spite. Maybe it comes down to the old quote:
“The enemy of my enemies is my friend”. I could be wrong on this but come November most of the blue collar Union middle class workforce will be voting for Trump. We all know where Biden is heading (downhill) the alternative is Harris, it has nothing to do on which side you are on..bottom line is they deserved to be fired strictly by job performance alone. Besides that who is looking forward to another 4 years of the embarrassing incompetence by the Biden administration. Most of our membership will vote their pocketbooks and they hate any active pandering toward one social group over another. Another factor is their personalities both have flaws but it is a fact that Trump is far more entertaining than Biden, nobody likes Biden dullness, even his supporters, Trump on the other hand could do stand up. There will be no debates with this election, the Democrats know how it would play out and are now actively trying to get him off the ticket. Their very sneaky, underhanded Treatment of Trump over the years makes him more appealing to Middle Americans especially when they see the hypocrisy on the Democratic side. They are making Trump the ultimate underdog and Americans by nature loves or favors the underdogs.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ask him how unemployment can be at record lows while all this illegal labor is being utilized.
Screenshot_20240202_234911_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_235048_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240202_235635_Chrome.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Only 13% of American households said their finances improved in 2023, and house affordability is the worst in nearly 40 years.
I can't believe we have union members cheering on a jobs report that clearly is heavily weighted by illegals.

MyTripisCut

Only 13% of American households said their finances improved in 2023, and house affordability is the worst in nearly 40 years.
I can't believe we have union members cheering on a jobs report that clearly is heavily weighted by illegals.
If they are illegal, how are they tracked On a jobs report? Illegal SS numbers?

MyTripisCut

We are putting too much blame on the politicians. The truth is that Union politics and its bureaucrats have for the most part lost touch with their rank and file. There was a time when lower wage workers were pounding on the Local’s door to sign up, what happened?

Let us forget about the previous corruption and the backbiting Union bosses that got into Office strictly thru nepotism. Maybe the real issue is US, do we really believe that our fellow members will stick up for the others that are left behind. Trust me in this … I am Union period .. but it is hard to believe it is working when you can not tell the difference between our leadership from the Companies, same suit, different tie clip.

Trump hates Bezos, maybe it is personal thing. He would love for Amazon to go Union purely out of spite. Maybe it comes down to the old quote:
“The enemy of my enemies is my friend”. I could be wrong on this but come November most of the blue collar Union middle class workforce will be voting for Trump. We all know where Biden is heading (downhill) the alternative is Harris, it has nothing to do on which side you are on..bottom line is they deserved to be fired strictly by job performance alone. Besides that who is looking forward to another 4 years of the embarrassing incompetence by the Biden administration. Most of our membership will vote their pocketbooks and they hate any active pandering toward one social group over another. Another factor is their personalities both have flaws but it is a fact that Trump is far more entertaining than Biden, nobody likes Biden dullness, even his supporters, Trump on the other hand could do stand up. There will be no debates with this election, the Democrats know how it would play out and are now actively trying to get him off the ticket. Their very sneaky, underhanded Treatment of Trump over the years makes him more appealing to Middle Americans especially when they see the hypocrisy on the Democratic side. They are making Trump the ultimate underdog and Americans by nature loves or favors the underdogs.

Back to my original point. Private union memberships grew 8 percent. And public sector fell over 30 percent.

from the article: When workers join unions, their wages rise, and their working conditions improve. But more than 50 years of efforts to block access to unions have taken a heavy toll on workers’ rights. Employers have been exploiting weaknesses in U.S. labor law for decades, and federal and state policy have failed to prevent this. 

Keep pretending it’s not a thing, Joe Biden is one of the only presidents in history to actually say the word “union” in a public address. He may be the first or second most pro union in history. How many “illegals“ have you seen yesterday or today? How does one count illegals? Very curious where some of these numbers come from.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Most of these "asylum seekers ultimately have their asylum claim rejected many years later. They are only here waiting to be denied, but they can work
Screenshot_20240203_065432_Chrome.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog

Back to my original point. Private union memberships grew 8 percent. And public sector fell over 30 percent.

from the article: When workers join unions, their wages rise, and their working conditions improve. But more than 50 years of efforts to block access to unions have taken a heavy toll on workers’ rights. Employers have been exploiting weaknesses in U.S. labor law for decades, and federal and state policy have failed to prevent this. 

Keep pretending it’s not a thing, Joe Biden is one of the only presidents in history to actually say the word “union” in a public address. He may be the first or second most pro union in history. How many “illegals“ have you seen yesterday or today? How does one count illegals? Very curious where some of these numbers come from.
Screenshot_20240203_070506_Chrome.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Exactly. Please read the article I quoted. Policies that were enacted previously are what’s at stake here, particularly in the public sector. Jesus Christ.
I'm not arguing unions here. I'm just pointing out that private sector union membership is stagnant. Do you think it's going to get better with more illegals? Does the Teamsters think endorsing an invasion of close to 20 million people helps membership?

MyTripisCut

I'm not arguing unions here. I'm just pointing out that private sector union membership is stagnant. Do you think it's going to get better with more illegals? Does the Teamsters think endorsing an invasion of close to 20 million people helps membership?
If they are willing to fight and sign up for labor? Then yes! Invasion? How was this country populated? You’re actually scary now.

oldngray

nowhere special
Public sector unions should not be combined with private. Completely different animals.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
If they are willing to fight and sign up for labor? Then yes! Invasion? How was this country populated? You’re actually scary now.
No you are. You're scary af coming at us with "I see no problem with endorsing 20 million out of thin air population increases. I mean do you even read the news about all the problems this is creating? Maybe if unions focused more of their time and energy recruiting blue collar Americans instead of fighting for the unicorn mafias wishlist new membership wouldn't be stagnant.
This country was populated by "legal immigrants". No one is saying stop all immigration. We are saying close the :censored2:ing loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.