Lets have a happy thread, warm and fuzzy?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Surely during these terrible weeks of bad weather, there have to be some good stories. 12,000 accidents in Ohio, 1000 in NJ just today, and we werent in any of them. 1000's in Ny.
How about Comraderie with co workers, happy customers, people you helped out of a jam, or who helped you. Accidents you avoided. Has to be some somewhere dig deep.
Besides all of the fighting going on, there has to be some good.
Easy for me to say, Ive been on vacation, but it almost sorta makes me wish I was there.
Not.
This may not go anywhere, but what the heck, thought I would give it a try.
Did you see the Fed Ex semi outside of Cincy? Glad it was not us, and no one got hurt.

Last edited:

stealth8

I take Valentine's week off every year and I always seem to be lucky. Last year we got 19 inches of snow that week and this year we are getting slammed with snow and ice! My route is a resi-country rte and the poor cover driver got stuck for 3hrs on Tues, he called in on Wed,so a sup went out to run it and he was stuck for 2hrs. Here I am sitting at home getting caught up on my Seinfeld DVDs. Next week we bask in the 40s! I know winter is far from being over,but it feels good to dodge a bullet!!! Cheers

mittam

Saw Fed Ex truck in accident today took out side of RTA bus. Semi took corner too wide and hit the bus. BUT, it wasn't the FedEx drivers fault, he actually broke down and his tracter was on back of tow truck, tow truck turned sharp corner wide but semi tires hit snow bank and slid into bus. I took off Tues. and Wed. but still was rough today. Saw a couple stuck in their drive on narrow street, after waitng about 10 mins I got out and helped them get the car out.

upsdude

I had a good week. Spent 3 hours in the building Monday doing the online testing. Pulled in my driveway at 12:30. A little heavy Wednesday and today with all the “Love” boxes. I had a request 8 today, rolled up my driveway at 5:30. Taking a PH tomorrow, my 10 year old made Honor Roll for the first time. Her awards assembly is tomorrow, so “Dad” will be there! (upsdude will now brag for a moment). My kid has busted her butt to make Honor Roll. My wife and I have worked with her without being too pushy. School has finally clicked for her and best of all, she’s taken the initiative herself and made it happen. Yep, I’m big time proud of my baby!

Cold week this week but no white stuff. Won’t be long and we can fuss about the heat.

Thanks tooner! Good idea.

Raw

Raw Member
I moved out of Ohio ( Lorain / Cleveland ) 26 years ago and came to Florida. Was very cold today though, 54` when I was driving home at 7:30 pm, I still wore shorts today as it was very sunny ! Muhahahahahahha :lol:

Channahon

The Chicagoland area got hit with the same weather moving east all day Tuesday. On Monday as a 25th wedding anniversary gift, we bought a John Deere 324 lawn tractor with a snowthrower, utility cart and plug aerator attachments. Come Wednesday it was put to good use with 12 inches of snow. That was for my husband. I'm getting a new 330 BMW, not a bad deal for either of us. We both got a 300 series - only different vehicles

canon

I saw today on the Today Show, police in-car video of a fedex freight truck hitting the cop car.

Here it is:

Looks like the description tieguy made of his days behind the wheel.
Oh yea my friend? Ever slip and slide a set of doubles through a foot of snow?
Ever pull a set down the side of a mountain and wonder what was in the fog below?
Ever run the gaunlet on a bridge during heavy winds?
Doing a little moonlighting on the side with Fedex tie? :lol:

It's a good thing those trailers were mostly empty or it might have done a lot more damage. Judging from that video... he was flying!

terrymac

Ok, here goes it, my parents have been married longer than Ive been around. They are in full retirement, no big problems. Mom has been making ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch for more than 20 years, for my father. It seems , that he decided that she was making them wrong for 20 years. Bread,mayonaise, ham,cheese, mayonaise, bread. Dad stated the cheese was sticking to the top of his mouth. 20 years of this. Retired military officer now complains. My mother goes over to his paper plate, turns the sandwitch over and tells him he's been eating them wrong for twenty years..........

brown67

I saw today on the Today Show, police in-car video of a fedex freight truck hitting the cop car.

Raw Video: NKY Cruiser Hit During I-75 Pileup

Check this out. Not sure who was at fault, but what a video. Slow down on the ice. No one was hurt thank goodness.

SmithBarney

Our feeder guys were all alive when they left tonight.

Hows this for happy, today was my last day... :)
Actually kinda sad, I do like what I do.

tieguy

Banned
Our feeder guys were all alive when they left tonight.

Hows this for happy, today was my last day... :)
Actually kinda sad, I do like what I do.

congrats. thanks for your service to this company. Hope you and family enjoy your well earned retirement.