lets take a vote

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Just a thought, my fellow UPS'ers.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
14 - Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 - If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.
16 - And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.
17 - If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?
18 - But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.
19 - If they were all one part, where would the body be?
20 - As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21 - The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"
22 - On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.
23 - If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

There I made it a little easier to read.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to
the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

16 And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?

18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

19 If they were all one part, where would the body be?

20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"

22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable,

23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty,

24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it,

25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.

26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

I'm still sticking to my thought.

Isn't this what you were saying?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Most stops i have done in one day 4 and that was 14 hours worth of work. 14 Hours in a truck is no fun trust me. Will be back in delivery the first of the year to run my 160 everyday. It dosent matter to me what i do at ups. As long as i have a job to go to.
good attitude,but it stinks that you are getting bumped back in to pkg !! goodluck!!

Covemastah

705RED ............. Although I agree with some of what you are saying, I do believe that the p/c driver is the backbone of the company.For he/she is the person in charge of the del/ or p/u and can make or break the customers day or help the customer decide on using UPS!!! I also believe that feeders are important,but if they could eliminate us , don't think for a second that they wouldn't. On another note,feeders is not all the fun and games and as easy as it looks. There is no small acciident in feeders.There are also far more challenges in a feeder than in a P/Car!! You got to get used to all kinds of hrs,bumps quite often.You are constantly changing your sleep patterns and sometimes diet.Its not just sitting in that ac/well heated tractor all nite rocking out to Zeppelin or the Beatles!! You gottah think for every one else on the road not just your self!! Some will never understand till your ass is in that seat doing 65 on h/way then someone falls asleep,comes down a ramp with no intention of stopping or the temp dropped in 10 mins and that rain is now a sheet of ice on untreated h/way,or pulling empty set down a mountainside covered in snow !!! I love my job in feeders , as i loved my job in p/car.. 2 differant types of jobs,2 differant types of danger!!! But both jobs need to get done in a safe manor there is no room for error in either job,we need to be safe and deliver the goods!! I hope you make it out to feeders soon!! good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Covemastah

Everyone that touches the package from its point of pickup to its point of delivery is important. BUT........if you break it all down , the feeder operation has the most impact on the various operations that get the packages from pickup point to delivery point. Feeders delivers packages(minority but still has impact) , feeders picks up packages(vary building to building but my building is majority-also remember the company makes its money picking up packages NOT delivering them), feeders moves packages building to building 7 days a week round the clock(package car has very little or zero impact), feeders runs the yards moving trailers for the unload and load operations(package car has zero impact).
so what you are saying is its ok to pick up the pkgs,cash the customers check then not deliver the pkgs!!!! sound like a great $$$ plan!!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
When you go into package they don't give you a pillow like they do in feeder! They order you smaller pants when you go into package car, and bigger ones when you go into feeder!

Package car motto, we do more by 1030 am than most do all day!
Feeder motto, hurry up to wait!

Almost anyone can drive from point a to point b, now times that by 150 times looking for package times a 150 times all while delivering your ndas, savers, keeping on time with your pick ups and on calls!

THE BACK BONE OF UPS IS PACKAGE CAR!
wrong again driver. You know what....... you package car guys can keep on putting on your jock strap and your superman shirt under your uniform shirt each day and keep on believing that you're "all that" but the truth is....driver..... in the eyes of the company you're just a monkey that drives a delivery truck. YOU have no special training(where can you take package car training and apply it towards employment elsewhere-very few prospects). YOU have no special license. YOU are easily replaceable and are fully expendable. A feeder driver HAS had commercial truck training, has a CLASS A CDL license(a big step up from a class d license and could get me a good job in a matter of days elsewhere if I had to leave the company)and is not as easily replaced. Also is under tighter D.O.T. microscope because of the much larger responsibility that goes with driving a "real" truck.

If you haven't worked in feeders you have no idea how our operation works so you can't comment on it. I was package scum for 10 years. I know all about it. WORK SMARTER DRIVER.......NOT HARDER.

I did 6 stops a week thru peak(1 stop Mon. thru Thurs. and 2 on Fridays) This was my best peak ever in the 20 years I've been with the company. At the end of the week I'm not tired or pissed off.......just have a big smile on my face knowing the 100% loads that I moved were burying package cars that I didn't have to drive.

My futures so bright.......I gotta wear shades

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
wrong again driver. You know what....... you package car guys can keep on putting on your jock strap and your superman shirt under your uniform shirt each day and keep on believing that you're "all that" but the truth is....driver..... in the eyes of the company you're just a monkey that drives a delivery truck. YOU have no special training(where can you take package car training and apply it towards employment elsewhere-very few prospects). YOU have no special license. YOU are easily replaceable and are fully expendable. A feeder driver HAS had commercial truck training, has a CLASS A CDL license(a big step up from a class d license and could get me a good job in a matter of days elsewhere if I had to leave the company)and is not as easily replaced. Also is under tighter D.O.T. microscope because of the much larger responsibility that goes with driving a "real" truck.

If you haven't worked in feeders you have no idea how our operation works so you can't comment on it. I was package scum for 10 years. I know all about it. WORK SMARTER DRIVER.......NOT HARDER.

I did 6 stops a week thru peak(1 stop Mon. thru Thurs. and 2 on Fridays) This was my best peak ever in the 20 years I've been with the company. At the end of the week I'm not tired or pissed off.......just have a big smile on my face knowing the 100% loads that I moved were burying package cars that I didn't have to drive.

wow i'm speechless. so in the eyes of the company you are not just another monkey who drives a truck? You need to take that Eaton-Fuller Transmissions stick out of your ass and see if your crap is still brown.

satellitedriver

This is a fun thread about self importance.
In my humble view, only two type of people are important at UPS.
Customers and share holders.
The rest of us are cannon fodder.

Well since you know all about all the DOT regs we have to follow in feeder I`m sure your aware of the random drug testing. And with all the BS your spewing if I were you I would hope I didn`t get caught smoking whatever dirt weed you got going. As far as the important job at UPS the one thing I know is that they could toss our CDL asses out the door and have us replaced by a $10 an hour Pedro and be back up and running in a week. There is a line of gear jammers who would happily take our place in a heartbeat. Now if they toss all the package drivers there is no way they could train replacements fast enough to sustain the company. They have to drive safely,run the route,deal with the customers,PAS,EDD,and all the other crap they have cooked up for them nowadays. I`ll tell you there`s no way in hell I`d go back to package. I`ll bust their chops any day of the week but I don`t have any memory problems remembering what real work is.
Quit being a tool and giving us feeder drivers a bad name.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
705RED ............. Although I agree with some of what you are saying, I do believe that the p/c driver is the backbone of the company.For he/she is the person in charge of the del/ or p/u and can make or break the customers day or help the customer decide on using UPS!!! I also believe that feeders are important,but if they could eliminate us , don't think for a second that they wouldn't. On another note,feeders is not all the fun and games and as easy as it looks. There is no small acciident in feeders.There are also far more challenges in a feeder than in a P/Car!! You got to get used to all kinds of hrs,bumps quite often.You are constantly changing your sleep patterns and sometimes diet.Its not just sitting in that ac/well heated tractor all nite rocking out to Zeppelin or the Beatles!! You gottah think for every one else on the road not just your self!! Some will never understand till your ass is in that seat doing 65 on h/way then someone falls asleep,comes down a ramp with no intention of stopping or the temp dropped in 10 mins and that rain is now a sheet of ice on untreated h/way,or pulling empty set down a mountainside covered in snow !!! I love my job in feeders , as i loved my job in p/car.. 2 differant types of jobs,2 differant types of danger!!! But both jobs need to get done in a safe manor there is no room for error in either job,we need to be safe and deliver the goods!! I hope you make it out to feeders soon!! good luck and Merry Christmas!!
Thanks Cove, you just remended me of why I miss being on the road. LOL

And I said that exactly the way I meant it.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Well since you know all about all the DOT regs we have to follow in feeder I`m sure your aware of the random drug testing. And with all the BS your spewing if I were you I would hope I didn`t get caught smoking whatever dirt weed you got going. As far as the important job at UPS the one thing I know is that they could toss our CDL asses out the door and have us replaced by a $10 an hour Pedro and be back up and running in a week. There is a line of gear jammers who would happily take our place in a heartbeat. Now if they toss all the package drivers there is no way they could train replacements fast enough to sustain the company. They have to drive safely,run the route,deal with the customers,PAS,EDD,and all the other crap they have cooked up for them nowadays. I`ll tell you there`s no way in hell I`d go back to package. I`ll bust their chops any day of the week but I don`t have any memory problems remembering what real work is.
Quit being a tool and giving us feeder drivers a bad name.
I know all about the random drug tests driver . My pot smoking days are on hold until I retire. When I retire you bet you ass I will be smoking weed daily as I did for the previous 15 years of my life. My motto is "GET HIGH AND LIKE IT"!!!!Are you kidding me about replacing the package car drivers? They take the lowest preloader(barring no one high on the list would want the job) give him a set of browns, make sure he has a drivers license,rush him through the quack clinic physical(no drug test because its not a real job) and away he goes. Just a monkey, thats it.

Tool? Your a joke,driver. I tell it like it is driver. The truth hurts but thats not my problem. It is what it is. Are you sure you're not $10 an hour Pedro? My advice to you is to smoke a joint. You just might like it.

I went through the school of hard knocks when I was package car.........I earned the right to bash the job, encourage as many as possible to leave that line of work for something better, and to discourage those who are considering going into the job in the first place.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
wow i'm speechless. so in the eyes of the company you are not just another monkey who drives a truck? You need to take thatEaton-Fuller Transmissions stick out of your ass and see if your crap is still brown.
AWWWWW........ poor baby.........Can you tell I enjoy being a thorn in the side of those who know I'm right. I'm laughing all the way to the bank driver