Letter for missed punch out

I agree. I'm wrong and guilty of forgetting. I do not dispute that. I am also not the only one who is in hot water over this so while it doesn't help me personally, it does help me feel slightly less awful.
You know.... I show up every day, I've never called in, I've never been late, I just try to do my job but I guess I'm just so exhausted at the end of the day that I just forget. It's not like my codes aren't on point and I don't print and turn in a time card. They're having me ALSO punch a time card now to cover my butt. My question is, why if the manual punch is ok without the digital clock out do we need the digital at all or why is this a fireable offense? I get "rules". Hell, I couldn't work for fx if I wasn't ok with rules, this just seems excessive tho.

It will be fine

I agree. I'm wrong and guilty of forgetting. I do not dispute that. I am also not the only one who is in hot water over this so while it doesn't help me personally, it does help me feel slightly less awful.
You know.... I show up every day, I've never called in, I've never been late, I just try to do my job but I guess I'm just so exhausted at the end of the day that I just forget. It's not like my codes aren't on point and I don't print and turn in a time card. They're having me ALSO punch a time card now to cover my butt. My question is, why if the manual punch is ok without the digital clock out do we need the digital at all or why is this a fireable offense? I get "rules". Hell, I couldn't work for fx if I wasn't ok with rules, this just seems excessive tho.
It is excessive. The thing is your manager is judged by reports. So there's probably some report that shows how many times he has to manually enter a punch out. He gets in trouble because the report looks bad, so you get in trouble. Any same person understands it's not actually a big deal, but sanity does rule at FedEx, micromanagement does.

!Retired!

If you haven't punched out so many times that it's gotten to this point, you must have forgotten a LOT of times. I've never heard of anyone getting an OLCC, let alone fired for this. Doesn't mean it can't happen. Curious, the system is not supposed to let you punch in the next day because it thinks you are still on the clock.

I put a stickie note on the dash in my car to remind me if I have to stop at the store, bank, etc. after work. Maybe you can put one that says "Did you punch out?"

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hell, they yanked ALL the punchable time clocks out at my station.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The thing is your manager is judged by reports. So there's probably some report that shows how many times he has to manually enter a punch out. He gets in trouble because the report looks bad, so you get in trouble.

It's bad enough that there are Express guys who will go on and on about imaginary reports and the imaginary ways that they are used without Ground guys, who know even less, to fuel the fire.

You don't have to do that just because you-know-who thinks he's an expert on Ground and all legal matters pertaining to same. Really, it's good. You can just owe us ;)

Nolimitz

I have gotten an OLCC for this.. These clocks are also FUBAR at out station. I took a photo for a week straight of my clock out and was told twice that week that I did not punch out. Well Mr. mgr here is proof I did indeed clock out so put it where the sun never shines. HAve not heard a word since. Many at our station were getting OLCC's not so much anymore..

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've been OLCC'd twice for not clocking out on the new system. My mgr. even wrote in the OLCC that "I saw you clock out". Same old thing, "sign here".

fatboy33

Driver. Which means all my times are in my PP and I have a printed time card. The KONOS seems superfluous. But I understand it's the rules. I'm not arguing that.
Do you usually end work the same time everyday? If so, set your smart phone alarm to go off, everyday, about 10 minutes before you usually end.

On the electronic clock I always scan my badge twice. Sometimes it doesn't go through the first time even if you hit confirm. I got two olccs before I stated doing it this way. But since then I have had no issues. If it works the first time and you scan your badge again it will just prompt you that it cannot duplicate a punch and will not mess up the first punch.

Maui

Did you get OLCCs before being issued this letter? A letter for not clocking out seems excessive, especially if there are any documented cases of equipment failure. I would GFT this letter in a heartbeat. TBH. I would GFT any letter I ever received with the possible exception of one from an accident.

If this is a big issue at your station, then I would assume you are not the only one that received discipline. Although they might not be able to tell you, I would like to know how consistently discipline is being issued. Just given the small sample size here it is clear, anecdotally, that there is no consistency in discipline regarding this issue.

Express Courier

That's the old FedEx way of doing things. New way is to follow up with discipline.
Actually the first time I forgot to punch out I was about 10 minutes out on my way home when my manager called and said I forgot to clock out. I said can I come back and clock out now? He said yes. So I basically got an extra 20 minutes that day. The other times it happened I couldn't do that so I lost a few minutes both times. Basically broke even. I think I might be liked by management more than others though for whatever reason. Plus that was in the early times of the new clock.

Sparky

Wow here they just go by whatever you last code/scan was so if you stat something at 1715 your punch out time is 1715 or if you use the print timecard code at 1718 they punch you out at 1718 and just fill out a paper time card for you to initial in all the right places