Letter for missed punch out

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone this self-conscious about his performance/conduct is probably a loser and NEEDS to be that worried.

Wait a minute, shill. What don't you understand about progressive discipline? It doesn't matter what the OLCC was for...it still counts towards the Big Picture of moving toward the door. When you have management writing you up for stupid :censored2: like this, what other even more stupid :censored2: is in the pipeline that will get you a letter or worse?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It's like I've said before - there is absolutely zero uniformity at FedEx. Each location is different from one another - almost to the point of where they seem to be separate companies. Each one seems to have their own "flavor of the month" bugaboo that they're all down on everyone for, and then next month it's forgotten and on to something else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's like I've said before - there is absolutely zero uniformity at FedEx. Each location is different from one another - almost to the point of where they seem to be separate companies. Each one seems to have their own "flavor of the month" bugaboo that they're all down on everyone for, and then next month it's forgotten and on to something else.

No, no, no!! policy is the same everywhere because FedEx is obsessed with fairness.

The most depressing time of my life is taking that break after p1. I actually like the break, but I reflect on my :censored2:ty :censored2:.
Our routes aren't lined out. The roads system doesn't work in our area so we're supposed to use our break after P1 to line up our afternoon stops. I think that's crap. Commonly overheard is "should I take a break?" And the answer is always "if you do, be productive!" Which means it's a working break. :slap:

Yeah, we took pics too. Then they told us that taking pics on Fedex property was against regs.
Mngmt told us to take pics of our punchouts and HR was like "please DO NOT tell me you did that. Seriously.... Don't tell me. " meaning don't admit to doing that or I can't help you. It's a bigass deal.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our routes aren't lined out. The roads system doesn't work in our area so we're supposed to use our break after P1 to line up our afternoon stops. I think that's crap. Commonly overheard is "should I take a break?" And the answer is always "if you do, be productive!" Which means it's a working break. :slap:

Wut???? Are you crazy? Fedex's problem is NOT my problem. My break is MY time. I do nothing for Fedex on my break. No freebies here. You need to stop doing that.

Plus, your break is supposed to be taken between your fourth and sixth work hours, not after P1, unless that's when you want to take it. You must be new and they're totally taking advantage of you.

dex 84

I've used my break for that plenty of times but that's my choice to make my day easier. I'll also go into a shuttle code sometimes when I set up my truck.

If your managers are outright asking you to work during your break, I think they could get themselves into real trouble. The break is supposed to be your time.

outtatime

If HR finds out about that then some manager is in deep trouble. I've seen it happen before when that topic was brought up in front of the district HR rep. The employee was told to remember back to all the times they worked during their break so they could be compensated with back pay.

l22

If you are serious, you need to contact HR in writing telling them about this.

MAKAVELI

What is this 5 hour rule?

They can and DO change our break times where I am.
In CA you have to start your break no later than the 5th hour on duty. 1 min past and it's a violation. They have to pay you a full hour pay and you get an olcc. They used to change the times before but now, we have been told they cannot.