Liberal / Conservative

moreluck

golden ticket member
WYcFZ1G.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Michael Moore Offers His Michigan Home to Syrian Refugees

Michael Moore is no fan of Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder’s recent ban on allowing Syrian refugees into his state. In a show of defiance, the Oscar-winning filmmaker has offered up his own Traverse City residence to Syrians looking for shelter in the United States.

“Dear Gov. Snyder,” Moore writes, “I just wanted to let you know that, contrary to your declaration of denying Syrian refugees a home in our state of Michigan, I myself am going to defy your ban and will offer MY home in Traverse City, Michigan, to those very Syrian refugees you’ve decided to keep out. I will contact the State Department to let them know I am happy to provide a safe haven to any Syrian refugee couple approved by the Obama administration’s vetting procedures in which I have full faith and trust.”

Here's the rub , only a Syrian couple .
Hasn't Mr. Moore been following the news reports . A Majority of the refugees have been males only .

oldngray

nowhere special
Michael Moore Offers His Michigan Home to Syrian Refugees

Michael Moore is no fan of Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder’s recent ban on allowing Syrian refugees into his state. In a show of defiance, the Oscar-winning filmmaker has offered up his own Traverse City residence to Syrians looking for shelter in the United States.

“Dear Gov. Snyder,” Moore writes, “I just wanted to let you know that, contrary to your declaration of denying Syrian refugees a home in our state of Michigan, I myself am going to defy your ban and will offer MY home in Traverse City, Michigan, to those very Syrian refugees you’ve decided to keep out. I will contact the State Department to let them know I am happy to provide a safe haven to any Syrian refugee couple approved by the Obama administration’s vetting procedures in which I have full faith and trust.”

Here's the rub , only a Syrian couple .
Hasn't Mr. Moore been following the news reports . A Majority of the refugees have been males only .

He must need new domestic servants.

wkmac

Why is it that as gov't has gotten bigger and more powerful, the re-distribution of wealth upwards grows and even accelerates? What if the State creates poverty and consolidates wealth into fewer hands as opposed to the often claim that the State is defender and protector of the poor and little guy? What if the poor are not poor because of laziness or lack of effort but rather poor as a result of the State creating conditions that work against the poor and now the poor have just given up? What if the State is now turning on the middle class with the objective to do the same?

What if you dared to step back and dare to ask critical questions that challenge previously held assumptions? What if liberal and conservative were false constructs created to divide and conquer?

A Chart Worth Considering