Liberty mutual

JonDoe

That’s why UPS fights every injury now. They can starve you out to accept either disability instead of Comp or force you back before you should be back.

Hell of an employer to work for.
Go ahead and see if you can collect disability for a work related injury. Not a chance. Once you file a comp claim and see a Dr. that it was on the job and they deny it....you're screwed until the State hears your case. Again that's how it works here. Same with Teamcare try and get them to cover any cost's for a work related injury. No way.

JonDoe

That’s why UPS fights every injury now. They can starve you out to accept either disability instead of Comp or force you back before you should be back.

Hell of an employer to work for.
They can't force you back if you're on restricted duty, you need to be 100%. What if you're injury requires surgery?

Trucker Clock

Go ahead and see if you can collect disability for a work related injury. Not a chance. Once you file a comp claim and see a Dr. that it was on the job and they deny it....you're screwed until the State hears your case. Again that's how it works here. Same with Teamcare try and get them to cover any cost's for a work related injury. No way.

Don't know where you're at, but most Comp claims filed with your State typically take less than 30 days.

In Ohio, the BWC, by law, has to issue a decision within 28 days.

JonDoe

Don't know where you're at, but most Comp claims filed with your State typically take less than 30 days.

In Ohio, the BWC, by law, has to issue a decision within 28 days.
Not here. I personally know of a case that took close to a year to be heard and that was before Covid. I also know the outcome. Driver won the case, but what was really disturbing is that once won they paid back benefits(that he was unable to use the entire time out)which was 11 month's if memory serves me, then after a month they cut his benefits stating it was a year out on comp. Which was kinda true....sort of. Person then had to pay Cobra for the rest of the 6 months on comp recovering. Was paid back all comp pay that was owed plus attorneys fees(from what was told to me they paid a lot) and case was opened up as w/c. Thing is here you must seek treatment every year regardless of MMI or not to keep your case active....miss it by 366 days.....case closed no more w/c benefits for said injury.