Life only Pension?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My wife has never wrote check, signed a tax return, or made any major purchase in our marriage.
Yet, she has been involved in every major buying decision.
She never knew how much I made and couldn't tell you how much we have and where it is.
Cash and a charge card is all she has ever had. She knew what it took to run the house and buy for the kids. She was very thrifty and saving minded.
I trusted(trust) her with her end of the deal and she trusted(trust) me with my end of the deal.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
My wife has never wrote check, signed a tax return, or made any major purchase in our marriage.
Yet, she has been involved in every major buying decision.
She never knew how much I made and couldn't tell you how much we have and where it is.
Cash and a charge card is all she has ever had. She knew what it took to run the house and buy for the kids. She was very thrifty and saving minded.
I trusted(trust) her with her end of the deal and she trusted(trust) me with my end of the deal.
My wife and I sound almost exactly as you and your wife. A few years ago I showed her and remind her every so often where the money is and how to get to it incase I die. We have money and investments in 5 different places. She has always trusted me in the investing and until the last years she didn’t know what we had or how to get to it, she just knew we always had enough for what we needed when we needed it. When I finally sat down with her and showed her what and how to get to what we had she was very surprised at the amount. I have written down instructions in case I die first how to get things because I know just telling her will not be enough.

My wife and I sound almost exactly as you and your wife. A few years ago I showed her and remind her every so often where the money is and how to get to it incase I die. We have money and investments in 5 different places. She has always trusted me in the investing and until the last years she didn’t know what we had or how to get to it, she just knew we always had enough for what we needed when we needed it. When I finally sat down with her and showed her what and how to get to what we had she was very surprised at the amount. I have written down instructions in case I die first how to get things because I know just telling her will not be enough.
I just did that recently myself
I wanted to make sure she had all the usernames and passwords for the different accounts

BrownFlush

Same here.

BrownFlush

I'm not sure if she trust me or just decided early on not to watch the hap hazard, knee jerk, no plan way I buy and sell stuff.lol
Like I said, I've been lucky. And coming down to the last third of our life, I look like a financial genius.(she knows better) But her frugal ways is a big part of the shape we are in now.
I'm gonna keep spending. She still just shakes her head.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Neither one of us are big spenders, makes it easy. I know couples where one or both have always gotta have the latest iphone, a new car, etc. Those guys never seem to retire early.

quad decade guy

Atheist are easy targets to smear.

Why wouldn't it be ok?
As an atheist you should know right and wrong are subjective since no absolute standard exist.
To smear: damage someones reputation by false accusations and slander.

You claim to be Christian...I think. Or act like it.....

So since there are atheists....or just plain people.....or tree hugging liberals or murderous Christians(your analogy).....it's ok to buy a fraudulent notary stamp and use it?

Ok. Now define right....and wrong...and "absolute standard".

And it's ok to smear someone(see definition) if they don't simply believe in God(whatever that means because it can't be proven) and at times kill them? Fascinating....tell us more.

And only a "Christian" definition is the "absolute standard"?

To smear: damage someones reputation by false accusations and slander.

You claim to be Christian...I think. Or act like it.....

So since there are atheists....or just plain people.....or tree hugging liberals or murderous Christians(your analogy).....it's ok to buy a fraudulent notary stamp and use it?

Ok. Now define right....and wrong...and "absolute standard".

And it's ok to smear someone(see definition) if they don't simply believe in God(whatever that means because it can't be proven) and at times kill them? Fascinating....tell us more.

And only a "Christian" definition is the "absolute standard"?
Please STFU