Life only Pension?

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
the last four months were AWESOME! There is NOTHING in the world like telling your onroad you dont care about his piddily metrics and if he didnt leave me alone I'd make it WAY worse. Come up and waste my time telling me I had two back door infractions and the next day I'd have 70. I paid them back for all of the years of their harassment and intimidation with my own harassment.
It is amazing how once you put in your retirement date your “I don’t give a smilet attitude” kicks in with management. I knew everyday when I went in exactly how many days I had left to go and if management said anything to me about my work or performance I would give them that “I don’t care look” and remind them exactly how many more days till they wouldn’t have to be concerned with me anymore. It was an awesome and empowering feeling. By the end they didn’t say anything to me and I didn’t say anything to them.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is amazing how once you put in your retirement date your “I don’t give a * attitude” kicks in with management. I knew everyday when I went in exactly how many days I had left to go and if management said anything to me about my work or performance I would give them that “I don’t care look” and remind them exactly how many more days till they wouldn’t have to be concerned with me anymore. It was an awesome and empowering feeling.
You don't even need to tell your center manager you are retiring. You send your paperwork to HR and its on them to notify your center. Local management isn't even involved in the process.

Darmark7

You don't even need to tell your center manager you are retiring. You send your paperwork to HR and its on them to notify your center. Local management isn't even involved in the process.
I did my paper work on line and didn’t tell management. I only told the drivers I wanted to know. Word got around more than what I wanted but not bad. As I have said before I left without a mention or any recognition I was retiring. I was the kind of driver that didn’t chat with management unless they came to me. A couple weeks before I retired an on road supervisor called me and asked if what he was hearing was right? I said “what are you hearing?” Then I said yes you are hearing right. That was the last I spoke to him.

oldngray

nowhere special
I did my paper work on line and didn’t tell management. I only told the drivers I wanted to know. Word got around more than what I wanted but not bad. As I have said before I left without a mention or any reconciliation I was retiring. I was the kind of driver that didn’t chat with management unless they came to me. A couple weeks before I retired an on road supervisor called me and asked if what he was hearing was right? I said “what are you hearing?” Then I said yes you are hearing right. That was the last I spoke to him.
I was the kind of driver who they knew to don't mess with me and leave me alone and I would get the job done. I hardly talked to management. Especially the center manager who spent all his time in his office on the computer and would only talk to people to bitch about something. I did give my on car sup a heads up and at the PCM of my last day he said, this is your last day isn't it? So much for any big ceremony or cake when I left.

Darmark7

I was the kind of driver who they knew to don't mess with me and leave me alone and I would get the job done. I hardly talked to management. Especially the center manager who spent all his time in his office on the computer and would only talk to people to bitch about something. I did give my on car sup a heads up and at the PCM of my last day he said, this is your last day isn't it? So much for any big ceremony or cake when I left.
I sound like you. My on car sup knew because I told him in advance to not even mention at the PCM that I was retiring my last day.

Last edited:

Shiftless

OK retired guys! Ponder this!

This conversation came up awhile back with some Hot Rod buddies. All retired, from different professions, employed and business owners.

The subject of Trusts, Will's, Advanced directives came up. I am probably the least affluent of the bunch. Most were very successful monetarily. Some can make a Buffalo nickel cry they hold it so hard and others spend whenever, whatever!

As it turned out, there were 10 of us, 7 of us had Trusts wills advanced directives and more. As an example of more: I carry Medical Transport Insurance (basically to cover medical Helicopter rides and Plane rides in the event I need it). Others have purchased long term healthcare mostly based on not ever having children to help be an advocate as end of life looms not to far away. Some indicated Nieces and Nephews to be involved with the trusts they have set up along with being Advocates.

Only 2 people carry life insurance purchased for them by their parents years ago, all the rest nothing.

3 people had NO Trusts, or a will written years ago and or have just put the names of their kid's on their accounts.

So as you tumble along the conveyor belt of life, getting closer to being spit off into the "I'm outta here pile"

How do you address the issue?

A-Trust, AD, Will, Advocate?

B- Free Balling, Whatever happens, HAPPENS!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No kids, if I die first everything goes to Ms Jones. If she dies first or we both go together in a fiery crash the state can figure it out, we won't care.
I purchased a long term care partnership policy primarily to protect our assets from the medicaid spend down in case one or both of us winds up in that situation.

No kids, if I die first everything goes to Ms Jones. If she dies first or we both go together in a fiery crash the state can figure it out, we won't care.
I purchased a long term care partnership policy primarily to protect our assets from the medicaid spend down in case one or both of us winds up in that situation.
Hi Dad