Life only Pension?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Don't knock it ,at my age i am finding out bitching and moaning are one of the few joys i have left . If i retire i loose that.
You're wrong, brother... you still get to bitch and moan, you just get paid less to do it.
On the bright side, nobody continues to listen.

badpal

You're wrong, brother... you still get to bitch and moan, you just get paid less to do it.
On the bright side, nobody continues to listen.
Well guess when i retire i can set around the house and have a contest with the old lady, but when it comes too bitchin and moaning she has few equals.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We sought the spouse option because it was right for us. We also started collecting SS at 62 because it was right for us. That was 3 years ago. We have invested nearly every penny in low cost Vanguard Funds and have done very well.

Much better than Uncle Sam.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
We sought the spouse option because it was right for us. We also started collecting SS at 62 because it was right for us. That was 3 years ago. We have invested nearly every penny in low cost Vanguard Funds and have done very well.

Can’t go wrong, in my opinion (Not Financial Advice) with Vanguard Funds. I put extra money in there also.

Over70irregs

What age you retire?

clean hairy

Obviously it is a personal choice and you want your surviving spouse to have enough to live on after you’re gone.

As far as life insurance goes, I know that insurance agents aren’t selling policies to be altruistic. They have actuaries that have determined that they will make more money off of the premiums than they will have to payout overall.

It is similar to Sara from the warranty department that calls me every couple of days trying to sell me an extended warranty for my truck.

She doesn’t really care about my truck! Lol
The ones who try to sell extended warranty for a vehicle you have not owned for more than 5 years.....

Darmark7

Yeah.
They lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery, use profanity, drink in excess. Pretty much everything an atheist does.
I was a Christian until I hung around in churches most of my life. Now no church for me and if anyone asked me if I’m a Christian. I say “God no, I’m a follower of Jesus Christ”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I was a Christian until I hung around in churches most of my life. Now no church for me and if anyone asked me if I’m a Christian. I say “God no, I’m a follower of Jesus Christ”
I understand the dissent.
But, you know, by definition, what you are telling people now is what a Christian is.

Darmark7

I understand the dissent.
But, you know, by definition, what you are telling people now is what a Christian is.
Yes I do and in my experience that is the definition I want to give. Some people look at the word Christian positive and Some look at the word Christian as a negative. Neither one is wrong it’s just their experience.