likliehood of UPS approving 8 days

SCV good to go sir.

lets clarify. 1 week off for a death in the family and 2 weeks forced off because of a back injury. My husband is a grunt in the Marine Corps. Not sure if any of you have ever served or if you keep up to date with the news, but the likelihood of him coming home on time and His deployment NOT getting extended is slim. They were told there is a 90% chance that they will be sent into a red zone. Oh and as far as FMLA Ups doesn't afford any pters the opportunity unless they've worked there for 36 months. I've called the hotline.

Thank you for the "kind" words, but I've already made my decision. Family comes first and if they don't allow it I'll walk out. Sick and tired of busting my ass for this company only to see myself get :censored2: on. Should've listened to one of the drivers when I started. He said "you're a hard worker, especially for a woman, too bad this company won't recognize that."

Oh and for those of you who sit in here and bash other people for asking honest questions....eat a dick and get something better to do with your spare time. You remind me of my manager. He's not happy unless everyone else is miserable.

Make sure to follow the yard control procedures as you make your way out of the building. #Safety24/7

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We miss all types of family events at UPS. Goes with the job.
maybe for you but in 25 years I NEVER missed an important family event. sure I was given grief about it sometimes but I was never given a warning letter or threatened with termination.

watdaflock?

Suddenly get a back injury. To get a Doctors note just Google some symptoms, then go to the doctor and lie.
Most Doctors just want paid for prescribing drugs.

If anything you can make some extra money selling your prescription to your co-workers.

Hope this helps.

[sarcastic font on]

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

Suddenly get a back injury. To get a Doctors note just Google some symptoms, then go to the doctor and lie.
Most Doctors just want paid for prescribing drugs.

If anything you can make some extra money selling your prescription to your co-workers.

Hope this helps.

[sarcastic font on]

Sarcastic as it is, if you play your cards right it could work.

watdaflock?

Sarcastic as it is, if you play your cards right it could work.
The real sarcastic part was selling your prescription. I'm not advocating lying to your boss by getting a doctors note but at the same time I fully support our military. Your husband is getting ready to deploy, faak your manager if he does not let you off.
Go get a doctors note. 'eff em.

Might, or light duty. Come on in!

Yea work on your acting skills before going to doctor. He may want you to try stretching, moving around. You gotta be able to act like the slightest twist hurts like a mo fo'.

You want to make sure the doctor note says "home no work rest" all that nonsense.

*Know why back injury is most common at UPS? It's also the most easiest to fake.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Oh and as far as FMLA Ups doesn't afford any pters the opportunity unless they've worked there for 36 months. I've called the hotline.
I'm not so sure about that. I was on FMLA as a PT Hourly after only 13 months. Unless the rule has changed within the last couple of years I think you were given some bad information.