Little help here..

mdh13

Hi folks, I'm new to UPS, just about to finish my week of training. And I found out yesterday what job i'm assigned to, I will be scanning and loading. So I just thought i'd get a head start and see if any of you had some advice or hints for this particular job, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:happy-very:

Thanks everyone, That's the only thing i'm even slightly worried about, missorting.

Just try to look at every label. If you get a few missorts so what. I got quite a few when I started. I got written up. Then my sup brought me and shop steward into room and ASKED me to sign a paper. So I did. I read on here somewhere though if you get a missort and they ask you to sign the paper instead of signinig it with your name sign it as "Superman" or something really stupid like that. lol

dillweed

Loading is hard physical work but can leave you feeling stronger and more confident as you improve. Even if you're in good physical shape you may use muscles you didn't know you have!

Expect some frustration with that scanner, as some pkg labels are torn and crinkled. Set them aside for later rather than fall behind on the flow.

Management doesn't always have time to train new employees properly so don't worry if you flounder. Just work as directed as well as possible and don't let the fast-paced environment cause you to hurt yourself.

Do good work even if management doesn't seem to appreciate it. UPS always wants more and isn't much of a place for "atta boys". Just make sure you can walk out of there every day and feel proud of what you did. Best of luck!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[quote... I got written up. Then my sup brought me and shop steward into room and ASKED me to sign a paper. So I did. I read on here somewhere though if you get a missort and they ask you to sign the paper instead of signinig it with your name sign it as "Superman" or something really stupid like that. lol[/quote]

This, folks, is our future.

UPS management is notorious for playing games with OUR jobs. For the most part they have nothing to loose but we do. I hate playing the games they seem to enjoy so much, but ya know what, we HAVE to play. IMO, the best way to do this is to keep a low key in your moves as to not attract attention to your strategy, like signing a T/W with "Superman". I have never said, " I refuse to sign" I have said " I decline the opportunity to sign". Same outcome, different sound, not as rebellious.