Living wage for part timers

UnconTROLLed

perfection
For some reason, I anticipated something more polite and sensible from you. I hope you worked as hard as I did to get to where you are.

Why do you care how hard others work? I am not in competition with anyone but myself. Life isn't a track meet but it's probably hard for some to see it that way, chasing that dream after all.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Why do you care how hard others work? I am not in competition with anyone but myself. Life isn't a track meet but it's probably hard for some to see it that way, chasing that dream after all.

Why do you hope I can't retire until 80? Are you some kind of ass that thinks they can say whatever they want and then spin the reply? I don't hope you get canned and have to Occupy some Freeway overpass....

cynic

For some reason, I anticipated something more polite and sensible from you. I hope you worked as hard as I did to get to where you are.

Write a book. The majority of people on this site work hard - now are you different?

And a person should work smarter, not harder. :smart:

Oh wait, you're in UPS management??

22.34life

The real question should be why is this company still almost all p/t.this job is not realistic.ahh yes but this job is for students,I almost forgot since I don't see any students anymore and the ones that are there quit because ups won't work around their class schedule.you know like let them leave 15 whole minutes early or come in 15 whole minutes late but their are plenty of thieves though.

klein

Für Meno :)
New Berkly report out :
It costs American tax payers 7 Billion a year to subsidize those who work in the fast food industry.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
New Berkly report out :
It costs American tax payers 7 Billion a year to subsidize those who work in the fast food industry.
Thanks I hadn't heard about that looks pretty interesting.
Low-wage fast-food jobs leave hefty tax bill, report says

“More than two-thirds of core frontline fast-food workers across the country are over the age of 20, and 68 percent are the main wage earners in their families,” Doussard said. “And more than a quarter of Americans working in fast-food restaurants are parents, raising at least one child.”

"Even full-time hours are not enough to compensate for low wages. The families of more than half of the fast-food workers employed 40 or more hours per week are enrolled in public assistance programs."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Probably far less than..........what the American tax payers.........pay...to keep a giant weiner in office.....................O ..Canada!.lol
weiner.jpg
weiner.jpg

P

pickup

New Berkly report out :

How much more would it cost those American tax payers to subsidize those fast food workers if the fast food industry jobs weren't there at all?