Loader going to Package in 3 months

DonaruTarampu

Just not mentally cut out for this job. There are higher things on my list of priorities than money and benefits. I just don't have the mental willingness to put up with / not care about the BS that come along with this job and still go home happy or look forward to waking up in the morning. I do envy you guys for being able to do it. Just not for me.

Just not mentally cut out for this job. There are higher things on my list of priorities than money and benefits. I just don't have the mental willingness to put up with / not care about the BS that come along with this job and still go home happy or look forward to waking up in the morning. I do envy you guys for being able to do it. Just not for me.
I wanted to quit many times too when I was a rookie. Thank God I didn't, I'm almost at the end of my career.

Whither

Scofflaw

No shame in it, though you do seem like you would've found your stride. Me, I think I like the pressure and I definitely enjoy the conflict with mgmt/the company. This week I sat through meetings led by pusillanimous safety committee members. The stew and I were exchanging looks, openly challenging their most pathetic comments, and now we've got the BA involved. I told em both that, as it stands, the safety committee should be disbanded as an embarrassment to the union haha. Anyway -- best wishes!

DonaruTarampu

So, it's been a month now. Do you guys think I have a chance of coming back? Can I just walk in and pull a diad out from the rack like nothing happened?

Just kidding. Stay extra safe out there and look left right left before touching your face.

DonaruTarampu

I must say, there are times when I wonder what I’d be doing had I stuck it out. There are certain aspects of this job that I miss dearly, aside from those fat weekly checks. I miss feeling like a modern day cowboy riding around doing whatever I gotta do in the big city to finish my day. There’s something about manual labor, the money just feels right when you know you’ve sweated for it. I don’t miss the constant stress from all angles and all the micro-management, though. I guess I’m too much of a cowboy for that :censored2:. I think about you brown boys everyday (no homo). Best of luck in these crazy times, fellas.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I must say, there are times when I wonder what I’d be doing had I stuck it out. There are certain aspects of this job that I miss dearly, aside from those fat weekly checks. I miss feeling like a modern day cowboy riding around doing whatever I gotta do in the big city to finish my day. There’s something about manual labor, the money just feels right when you know you’ve sweated for it. I don’t miss the constant stress from all angles and all the micro-management, though. I guess I’m too much of a cowboy for that :censored2:. I think about you brown boys everyday (no homo). Best of luck in these crazy times, fellas.

Just think, you didn't even get to see a real fat check. You getting to work from home?

DonaruTarampu

I swear this job is like a long term girlfriend. You hate it every single second of it but can't stop thinking about it when it's out of your life.

If I crawled back on my hands and knees and begged them to take me back, would I have a shot? I paid off all my Teamster dues and made my scratch days 3 weeks into my 30. Would I have to start my 30 days all over again? I didn't no call no show but I told HR the day before that I wasn't coming in. Are they gonna tell me to kick rocks? Serious question.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I swear this job is like a long term girlfriend. You hate it every single second of it but can't stop thinking about it when it's out of your life.

If I crawled back on my hands and knees and begged them to take me back, would I have a shot? I paid off all my Teamster dues and made my scratch days 3 weeks into my 30. Would I have to start my 30 days all over again? I didn't no call no show but I told HR the day before that I wasn't coming in. Are they gonna tell me to kick rocks? Serious question.
Pretty sure that you are probably on the no rehire list. (Yes, it's a real thing HR has.)
I guess it couldn't hurt to try?

I would suggest you reread your posts towards the end, though... Whether or not it was the best decision, you quit for a reason.

If you didn't make it more than 30 days before, how do you think you will make it for years and years?
Just something to think about.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

The one thing you've got going for you is that a lot of centers are desperate for drivers right now, as I understand it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

applicants_supplicants.gif