Loader going to Package in 3 months

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Didn't have much troubles meeting my scratch days. But :censored2: man, I feel like I've just joined a cult or something. Like a bunch of Scientologists are constantly testing to see if my midichlorian count is high enough to perform their package delivering rituals. Halfway through my 30 days and every morning I wake up thinking if I should just quit and go back to my old job where I'll be making half the pay but feeling like an actual person. Can't wait to make the jump over to feeder.

No worries

It gets worse

Whither

Scofflaw
Didn't have much troubles meeting my scratch days. But :censored2: man, I feel like I've just joined a cult or something. Like a bunch of Scientologists are constantly testing to see if my midichlorian count is high enough to perform their package delivering rituals. Halfway through my 30 days and every morning I wake up thinking if I should just quit and go back to my old job where I'll be making half the pay but feeling like an actual person. Can't wait to make the jump over to feeder.

Well put, brother. :lol: I hope your center is staffed well. Otherwise 6 day weeks await you ...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You dishonor Xenu.

DonaruTarampu

Every morning I walk into the back of my truck and go ":censored2: here we go again". I don't know how some of you can do this for 20 plus years lol. Maybe I care too much. Are there mental tricks I could do to alleviate the feeling of anxiety and depression I get when I pull out of the hub? I'm gonna give it another week and go back to my old job. Sucks walking away from a guaranteed position with potential 6 figures, though.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Every morning I walk into the back of my truck and go ":censored2: here we go again". I don't know how some of you can do this for 20 plus years lol. Maybe I care too much. Are there mental tricks I could do to alleviate the feeling of anxiety and depression I get when I pull out of the hub? I'm gonna give it another week and go back to my old job. Sucks walking away from a guaranteed position with potential 6 figures, though.

Don't quit til they dq you. It gets better.

Repeat and collect large paycheck and thank God every day they you don't work for FedEx

DonaruTarampu

Don't quit til they dq you. It gets better.

Thanks man. Maybe I psyched myself out too much. I made my scratch days going almost 1 hour under everyday so now I feel like I have to keep up that pace or I'll look like a lazy bum. Maybe I expect too much of myself or trying too hard to impress the other drivers who are telling me I'm killing it. Maybe I should take it easier and not try to make it around 1 hour under every time I hit the road lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Its a whole lot easier when you don’t give a :censored2:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks man. Maybe I psyched myself out too much. I made my scratch days going almost 1 hour under everyday so now I feel like I have to keep up that pace or I'll look like a lazy bum. Maybe I expect too much of myself or trying too hard to impress the other drivers who are telling me I'm killing it. Maybe I should take it easier and not try to make it around 1 hour under every time I hit the road lol.

You know what it takes to go an hour under, now, bit by bit, focus on doing the job right, at a pace you can safely maintain. As long as you keep it at scratch, they'll have nothing to complain about. If management confronts you about slowing down, which they shouldn't as long as you stay scratch, just explain that you are just trying to balance safety, service and production. Imagine the difference in how you will feel about the job if you give yourself an extra hour to complete it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
These feelings you're having now, remember them. Embrace them. Take a picture of your face right before you leave the building tomorrow.
That's how you wanna look anytime you talk about work with you're wife.

You will love this job. It's :censored2:ing awesome!

Yeah, your wife will say stuff like, "I just want you to be happy", or "I want you to do something you enjoy.".
Bull:censored2:. They want you miserable. That makes them feel good about themselves. And as soon as they find out you're not miserable, they will try and make you miserable.

Whither

Scofflaw

You're almost there, might as well give it a shot, no? The job has enough stresses without trying to kill it every day haha.

You'll prolly have some rough times during your first few months as an unassigned driver, but if you're already scratching by an hour you'll get the hang of going out in the blind. Helps a lot to study the dispatch computer before you leave for businesses, pickup commits (also dead pickups that haven't been taken out of the board), and res/com those resi savers. I usually run straight air until I'm familiar with a route. I'm guessing you'll be working Sat -- have a solid plan by 1030 for making your 1200 air commits bc Sat routes cover a lot of territory.

Another way you can give yourself a breather is by starting do all your work on the clock. My last week in the packet I started taking my breaks, e.g., no sorting, no route planning.

DonaruTarampu

Got a call from my old boss saying he'll pay me $18 an hour if I came back. Not as good as the $20.50 I'm making now but I'll get to sit in a chair all day and do pretty much nothing but watch netflix and youtube and chat with the girls in the office. Dick around as much as I want and clock out at 5 on the dot and go home. I'll take this as a sign from above and throw in the towel at UPS. It's been fun briefly being a part of your brotherhood. So long, fellas.

Got a call from my old boss saying he'll pay me $18 an hour if I came back. Not as good as the $20.50 I'm making now but I'll get to sit in a chair all day and do pretty much nothing but watch netflix and youtube and chat with the girls in the office. Dick around as much as I want and clock out at 5 on the dot and go home. I'll take this as a sign from above and throw in the towel at UPS. It's been fun briefly being a part of your brotherhood. So long, fellas.
You aren't getting the big picture
What about future earnings, vacation time, pension and health care?

DonaruTarampu

You aren't getting the big picture
What about future earnings, vacation time, pension and health care?
All that will be handled once my rap career takes off.

Just kidding, the healthcare at my old job isn't so bad. I've got quite a bit stashed away and I'll have time at my old job to day trade on the side. The future at UPS is a guaranteed gravy train but I think I'll make it out okay without it.

BTW - thanks for all your advice and words of encouragement.

All that will be handled once my rap career takes off.

Just kidding, the healthcare at my old job isn't so bad. I've got quite a bit stashed away and I'll have time at my old job to day trade on the side. The future at UPS is a guaranteed gravy train but I think I'll make it out okay without it.
This is all I can tell you
Yes this job and is hard and sucks sometimes.

But it had made a good life for me and my family.

With that being said,this job isn't for everyone.

Good luck to you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

dont let the door hit ya

where the good lord split ya

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Best of luck to you. Just remember to stay active outside of work. Desk jockeying can be hard on the body in its own way.