Loader / Sorter pay question

AntPulido

During my shift I usually load 3 trucks and pick off to them also. It has it's benefits sometimes but I was wondering since I am on pick shouldn't I get paid as a sorter?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It sounds like the pkg cars that you load are at the top of the belt and you are loading and splitting the belt. Splitting the belt is not the same as picking off or sorting so, no, you are not entitled to the extra $1/hr.

By The Book

If it's freight yeah

Sent using BrownCafe App
In the west, if you are a preloader, that loads package cars every day, you get the skilled rate, the $1.00. In some areas they will pay almost everyone the skilled rate so they can use them wherever they are needed. It probably helps them in doing the payroll as well, if they move guys from unskilled to skilled during their shifts. Ask your part time steward if you can.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Pickoffs are different than splitters. You're only splitting high and low. Pickoffs need to know...it's either 4 or 5 trailers to get the dollar. so nope. Preloaders use to get the extra buck I think for newer people it disappeared in the last contract...don't quote me on that, but no, splitters get no pickoff pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Pickoffs are different than splitters. You're only splitting high and low. Pickoffs need to know...it's either 4 or 5 trailers to get the dollar. so nope. Preloaders use to get the extra buck I think for newer people it disappeared in the last contract...don't quote me on that, but no, splitters get no pickoff pay.
Yup..no more $1 extra for preload sorters..

PT Car Washer

Preload became unskilled with SPA/EDD in my building.
Same thing with the small sorters when the smart scanners were brought in. Scan the bar code and the correct bin lights up. Throw in bin. Not as fast as a good smalls sorter though. And sometimes not as accurate.