Loaders, Help us out...

brown bomber

brown bomber
had a very bad loader prior to my disability...which lead to my retirement........tipped my loader during Christmas, loads were OK...bribed him w/ cold drinks...loads got worse....told him he was doing a great job...loads got pathetic......I partially blame him for my early demise...any comments
the less he did the harder I worked.......he was dismissed (fired) several times........I even used him as a helper one day....a 9.0 hr. day turned into a 10.5 hr. day, thanks to his inability to read addresses, and know the difference between the ODD and EVEN side of the street

S

splozi

There was one new hire on my belt recently that was doing a pretty crappy job. Last Thursday, his area was chaotic, and apparently on one truck he was putting bulk stops on the shelves. When the driver arrived, I guess he snapped at this guy. He had a talk with the ft sup and the next day the loader was gone, sent to unloading.

If nothing else, the more you bitch about a crappy loader, the more management wants to shut you up. So they may just move him elsewhere.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just curious, how many of you drivers tip your preloader at Christmas?

For what?
Which one?
Nancy, you have no idea???

P.S. I went out of my way not to call you Nancy, but you're no different. Enjoy the bubble of goodness while you can. You have no idea what most of us deal with.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are no bad preloaders, only bad preload managers.

UPS has made a business decision to intentionally set the the average preloader up to fail by placing impossible expectations upon him or her. UPS has also made the business decision that it is more important for the preload operation to meet an inflated PPH quota than it is for the drivers to get quality loads. It has been this way for the entire 25 years of my career. There is no hope that it will ever change. It is pointless to blame the 18 yr old kid who loads your car for the fact that the company is managed by idiots; you might as well blame the 18 yr old kid behind the counter at McDonalds for the fact that the food sucks.

Ghost in the Darkness

I had the part-time sup load my truck the other day as they said they were short staffed or whatever excuse they made for it. 8 misloads. Bulk stops were loaded in 3 or 4 spots. It made my day fun... oh well almost 4 hours OT. Funny that this guy is actually training people.

Indecisi0n

There are no bad preloaders, only bad preload managers.

UPS has made a business decision to intentionally set the the average preloader up to fail by placing impossible expectations upon him or her. UPS has also made the business decision that it is more important for the preload operation to meet an inflated PPH quota than it is for the drivers to get quality loads. It has been this way for the entire 25 years of my career. There is no hope that it will ever change. It is pointless to blame the 18 yr old kid who loads your car for the fact that the company is managed by idiots; you might as well blame the 18 yr old kid behind the counter at McDonalds for the fact that the food sucks.

This.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The square peg, as you put it, would be the bad preloader.
Just as UPS isn't for everyone, being a preloader is for even less. I have seen people who can successfully drive a brown truck cry when forced to work preload. Until you do the job day in and day out, save your assumptions.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's amazing what occurs at tiny centers that are short staffed and all of the managers are actually doing their own jobs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just as UPS isn't for everyone, being a preloader is for even less. I have seen people who can successfully drive a brown truck cry when forced to work preload. Until you do the job day in and day out, save your assumptions.

My "assumptions" are based on my experiences over a 23 year career. There are bad preloaders---it is that simple. The kid I have now is awesome. The one that covers his days off and vacations sucks. He used to be the preloader but was moved due to excessive misloads. He is a nice guy and he does try but he also likes to chat while working and tends to lose his focus. Truth be told he should be working the unload. There is another preloader who also fills in--she is OK but likes to customize the loads, which she thinks helps but really doesn't.

I never said it was an easy job, but it is certainly not rocket science, especially with PAS/EDD. To say that there are not bad preloaders, just bad preload managers, is not true.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My "assumptions" are based on my experiences over a 23 year career. There are bad preloaders---it is that simple. The kid I have now is awesome. The one that covers his days off and vacations sucks. He used to be the preloader but was moved due to excessive misloads. He is a nice guy and he does try but he also likes to chat while working and tends to lose his focus. Truth be told he should be working the unload. There is another preloader who also fills in--she is OK but likes to customize the loads, which she thinks helps but really doesn't.

I never said it was an easy job, but it is certainly not rocket science, especially with PAS/EDD. To say that there are not bad preloaders, just bad preload managers, is not true.
I realize I will have to wait for a male to come and explain it to you for you to even attempt to see my point. If the preloaded doesn't fit the job, why have him continue to make a driver's day hell? Because the supervisor is too lazy or doesn't want the turnover. Period. Why do we have the 30 day period, if not to see if the person fits the job? Whose job is it to determine if they fit the job? Hmmmmm, nope. Not rocket science to figure that one out.
I guess what I should have said is the people who can't do the job shouldn't be turned into bad pre loaders by their supervisors. Is that better, Dave? I am sure you will judge. You can't help yourself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
For some reason it didn't load, but I also have had a wise manager tell me that there are no bad employees, just bad managers. His words. He works at the hub. So, I am not the only one of this opinion, and it isn't just an hourly opinion.

Indecisi0n

Sexual frustration describes the condition in which a human or animal is in a state of agitation, depression, stress, loneliness or anxiety due to prolonged virginity, sexual inactivity and/or sexual dissatisfaction that leads him or her to want more sex or better sex(which can lead to them opening up to the opposite gender), or a state in which he or she is perpetually sexually aroused but with no means to truly satiate the desires. Most often it implies simply an uncomfortably low level of sexual activity, such as typifies sexual dysfunction or involuntary celibacy. The term can also mean some arousing stimulation without orgasm that is causing frustration over lack of orgasm

Sexual frustration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...just saying.