Loaders who have no interest in becoming PT sup/drivers

Anyone out there? Isn't it great to not have a care in the world and have a laugh when you are forced to sign those silly misload "acknowledgment" letters ? This of course despite the fact that you misload maybe once or twice a month.

What about those unofficial test of knowledge audits? Get something wrong here and they'll threaten you saying "if this happens during an official audit, you may not have a future here". Please, you are not fooling anyone.

Being able to complete your work to the best of your abilities and move on to school and the rest of your day is great. Not paying attention to hub politics or maneuvering around for driver positions / sups because you know you'll be out of there once you complete your studies is even better! :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hopefully, that is the attitude and position of the majority of P/T in UPS inside positions since that corresponds to the opportunities at UPS.
College students with this attitude is what UPS has been pursuing to hire for 25 years or more.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hopefully, that is the attitude and position of the majority of P/T in UPS inside positions since that corresponds to the opportunities at UPS.
College students with this attitude is what UPS has been pursuing to hire for 25 years or more.
I was one of them once, just killing time until that great career job materialized. Still waiting.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone out there? Isn't it great to not have a care in the world and have a laugh when you are forced to sign those silly misload "acknowledgment" letters ? This of course despite the fact that you misload maybe once or twice a month.

What about those unofficial test of knowledge audits? Get something wrong here and they'll threaten you saying "if this happens during an official audit, you may not have a future here". Please, you are not fooling anyone.

Being able to complete your work to the best of your abilities and move on to school and the rest of your day is great. Not paying attention to hub politics or maneuvering around for driver positions / sups because you know you'll be out of there once you complete your studies is even better! :happy-very:

How can anybody blame these p/t employees for having this attitude?

This corporate stategy is the worst mistake we have made as a company.
Could eventually be our undoing.

You get what you pay for!!!

UPSGUY72

Nice attitude. If you keep that attitude at you next job you won't be there long becasue apparently the only thing keeping you employeed at UPS is the Union.

Also you are forgetting one thing most of us driver and FT SUP make more money than most people with a college degree ever will.

Of course I wouldn't have that kind of attittude at my next job, we are talking about UPS part time handler position vs potential employment in my career. Also, for the record, I keep my job due to my outstanding loading abilities not some union representation that has been missing since I've started.

And I hope the drivers think the money they make is worth it because a majority of them here look miserable every morning.

UPSGUY72

Of course I wouldn't have that kind of attittude at my next job, we are talking about UPS part time handler position vs potential employment in my career. Also, for the record, I keep my job due to my outstanding loading abilities not some union representation that has been missing since I've started.

And I hope the drivers think the money they make is worth it because a majority of them here look miserable every morning.

People don't change you will have the same attitude no matter what job you have.

Don't think you have your job becasue of your "outstanding loading abilties" UPS could train a monkey to load a package car. You have your job becasue you show up to work everyday. You could be a terrible loader as long as you show up to work you will have a job at UPS maybe not loading but you will have a job.

Well that is them not me work is all what you make of it. No matter where you work there are going to be people that hate working there. These are the people that just hate working in general and no matter what job they have they are not going to be happy.

People don't change you will have the same attitude no matter what job you have.

Don't think you have your job becasue of your "outstanding loading abilties" UPS could train a monkey to load a package car. You have your job becasue you show up to work everyday. You could be a terrible loader as long as you show up to work you will have a job at UPS maybe not loading but you will have a job.

Well that is them not me work is all what you make of it. No matter where you work there are going to be people that hate working there. These are the people that just hate working in general and no matter what job they have they are not going to be happy.

Well I disagree. I don't think you can really compare a part time job which kicks your ass everyday to a potential job in your career choice where you would like to move up.

And while I may have an attitude regarding shenanigans such as misload letters and unofficial audits, the truth is I do work hard because 1) I'm not one those guys looking to milk the clock, I'm looking to finish loading my cars and moving on with the rest of my day and 2) When I do finally leave this job, I'd like to leave on a good note and I believe I will.

UPSaxel

Its not that they keep him because he does show up to work everyday, it's because they can only fire him if he doesn't. And I think the point he's trying to make is that he could care less about advancing, as long as he gets paid once a week for doing an average or slightly above average job he is happy. I know I could care less about the Teamster pens and banners walking in.

Norma

I prefer to be the oddball doing the above average job while enduring the stupidiity of sups thinking they can stick me on 5 cars instead of 4. Hey, I've been around a long time and I know what "average" is. I know the 23 steps to loading a package better than they do. I can run circles around some of these clowns. I know what happens when I'm on vacation....all 5 weeks and it isn't pretty.

By the way the top pay of preloaders hired after 1981 is unknown. Meaning we haven't reached it yet.