Local 162

Hello,

I was a seasonal driver helper. I and at least one other seasonal driver helper were terminated. We were terminated on the same day, and neither of us were informed we were fired. We only found out by contacting HR asking about our pay. When speaking to our local union rep, I was informed that others had similar experiences and that they would get back to me on Wednesday, after the holiday.

I just want to get the bonuses I was promised for showing up on time and always being available when asked. I was promised $250 a week so long as I was never late or said I wasn't available when called in. I was also promised that at the end of the season if I had perfect attendance I would receive an additional bonus of $750.

I guess I'm looking for guidance, and or advice on what do. I know since I'm seasonal, I haven't payed enough dues to be a union member. I'm just at a loss, I have no idea how I can try to fight to get the pay I was promised.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hello,

I was a seasonal driver helper. I and at least one other seasonal driver helper were terminated. We were terminated on the same day, and neither of us were informed we were fired. We only found out by contacting HR asking about our pay. When speaking to our local union rep, I was informed that others had similar experiences and that they would get back to me on Wednesday, after the holiday.

I just want to get the bonuses I was promised for showing up on time and always being available when asked. I was promised $250 a week so long as I was never late or said I wasn't available when called in. I was also promised that at the end of the season if I had perfect attendance I would receive an additional bonus of $750.

I guess I'm looking for guidance, and or advice on what do. I know since I'm seasonal, I haven't payed enough dues to be a union member. I'm just at a loss, I have no idea how I can try to fight to get the pay I was promised.

How many actual days / hours / weeks did you work?

542thruNthru

Bonuses, oh this should be good.
1b1.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hello,

None of those bonuses are negotiated by the Teamsters. They are only lies or empty promises made by Big Brown. Sorry you feel ripped off, if you were “fired” it’s because you either didn’t hustle or couldn’t carry anything, or it was a SEASONAL job and we don’t need you. Have a great new year!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hello,

None of those bonuses are negotiated by the Teamsters. They are only lies or empty promises made by Big Brown. Sorry you feel ripped off, if you were “fired” it’s because you either didn’t hustle or couldn’t carry anything, or it was a SEASONAL job and we don’t need you. Have a great new year!

Oh, and if you are my helper, sorry for those two days it poured rain and the only time I got out of the truck was because I thought I saw a ten spot laying in the sidewalk.

How many actual days / hours / weeks did you work?

3 days, around 30 hours total, over two weeks, helping different drivers. I did ask if I could get more hours or if they needed more help, and was told they had a lot of help this year, but I was on the list to get called in.

When I signed up they had said I would be assigned a driver for the season and that just never seemed to happen.

I and at least one other person were "terminated" on the same day, so I think that points to not needing help more than not hustling. I understand the nature of seasonal work, but this seems like they're firing us so they can avoid paying us what we were promised.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
3 days, around 30 hours total, over two weeks, helping different drivers. I did ask if I could get ing more hours or if they needed more help, and was told they had a lot of help this year, but I was on the list to get called in.

When I signed up they had said I would be assigned a driver for the season and that just never seemed to happen.

3 friend*n days and maybe 30 hours! And, now you're expecting $1000. GTFO here. You are still S*ing out chow from orientation and you actually think you should be getting a grand...LMAO!!!!

Hate to break this to you but you won't be getting anything close to that. Happy New Year and thanks for helping us get through another peak. Without gullible people like you, UPS would have never made it.

3 friend*n days and maybe 30 hours! And, now you're expecting $1000. GTFO here. You are still S*ing out chow from orientation and you actually think you should be getting a grand...LMAO!!!!

Hate to break this to you but you won't be getting anything close to that. Happy New Year and thanks for helping us get through another peak. Without gullible people like you, UPS would have never made it.
You could have liked and given him false hopes.

You are getting soft, just like @Turdferguson