Local 243

Inthegame

Just continuing to establish that the Teamsters have a history of political opponent suppression and retaliation. 243 has been a party to that on numerous occasions. A 243 eb member was involved in that slap on the wrist decision regarding the bribery attempt. It is like comparing apples to apples. Some of the same players involved. It was 18 years ago and the behavior is still prevalent. The fact that the Hoffa/Hall teamsters refuse to address this behavior is unacceptable.
Hmmm...in 18 years each local union has had 6 election cycles. Being close to 400 Teamster locals, that's 2400 elections. You've alleged wrongdoing in 2 and call that prevalent?

Inthegame

243 is incompetent. It was essential that language be included that allowed any and all RPCDs the right to 40 hours before any such 40 hour guarantee be made to a not-yet existent second tier position. 40 Hours absolutely 100% guaranteed for 22.4s. No such guarantee for RPCDs. The language was purposely left out. We can not get clarification on what would happen if a RPCD is laid off Monday and Tuesday; Can they bump a 22.4 on a Saturday and a Sunday? NO ANSWER Can a RPCD request 4 ten hour days in order to reach their 40 hours? NO ANSWER

The intent of the 22.4 was to reduce unwanted OT. Not to create a loophole that could hold some full time drivers to only 24 hours worked in a week.

The NORCAL negotiating team were not total and utterly useless pieces of garbage. 243 is exactly that.
NORCAL doesn't work under the CRT Supplement. L243 does. Have you ever read the CRT Supplement?

browned out

NORCAL doesn't work under the CRT Supplement. L243 does. Have you ever read the CRT Supplement?

Yes I have read the CRT. I was a steward and alternate steward so it is required that one be well versed in all 3 areas of our CBA in 243 including the rules and regulations. The power comes from the back of the book in most supplements. That is where 243 continues to fail. I am aware that different supplements have their pluses and minuses; that some supplements allow more paid days off, the requirement of an arbitrator, different disciplinary terms, etc. The Central is the worst already with their "cardinal offense" violations. 243's rider allows the company and union to target drivers.

Somehow the competent EB in NorCal put in concrete language that is not open to interpretation. NORCAL fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations. They put forth language that is best for their entire membership. Obvious language that should be included in the National, Regionals; and every Rider or Local Supplement.

The intent of creating a 22.4 position was to relieve excessive OT. Not to make it possible for UPS to work RPCDs 24 hours per week while 22.4s are guaranteed 40.

What the incompetent; at best; colluding at worst; 243 officials had put forward was and is a disgrace.

The NLRB will, beyond a shadow of a doubt; recognize the gross negligence and failure to fulfil the duty of representation during contract negotiations by 243; the Central Region and the Master CBA negotiators.

40 hours guaranteed for a previously non-existent 22.4 position.

24 hours minimum guarantee for RPCDs.

No competent negotiator would put forth a supplement for a vote without answering members questions.

We have to grieve it to find out? What? We asked months ago for clarification. The language was purposely left out.

There is no reason that this has to be left open to interpretation. Can a RPCD ask for 4 ten hour days if they don't work Monday? YES OR NO
Can a RPCD bump a 22.4 on a Saturday or Sunday in order to reach 40 hours? YES OR NO

What is the actual number of protected RPCDs in every center in 243?

These are all questions the membership asked over and over again. No answers. How the friend is one supposed to vote without knowing if their yes vote will result in a 40% loss of income?

They went to the well to often; and now the bottom is about to fall out.

Incompetent, Ignorant or Colluding? Easily answered.

This is not a game. 243 seems to think it is. Playtime is over for 243. They will not get a "time out" for their inexcusable behavior.....but they will get a "voted out"

Last edited:

browned out

Lot of threats of "possible" action, but you've yet to file anything. If you're so cocksure of your position get off BC, find an attorney for advice and write up your complaint.

Who knows...with the nearly neutered, and woefully understaffed NLRB, you may get a hearing/decision before you retire.

But here's a freebie...any attorney worth a nickel will tell you L243 fulfilled it's required duty by scheduling and meeting with UPS to renegotiate the expired agreement.

The IBT and L243 have competent, knowledgeable attorneys for guidance. You don't.

I get the feeling you have not read many (any) NLRB DFR cases? Have you spoken with lawyers re: these type of cases? 243 is not in a good position. Now, 243 is recommending a no vote on the exact same agreement that 243 drafted and recommended for a Yes Vote? The woefully inadequate, vague rider and 243's refusal to answer members questions; or more importantly; 243's failure to get answers from UPS will be their undoing.

Lets wait for the NLRB decision re: 243's too late ULP result before we even think of voting on it. Before I retire.

Then we can get some answers before we vote again.

Then and only then; if additional legal action is required; it will be handled by extremely competent NLRB case experienced counsel.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Does anyone have a link to the forms to download to file internal charges against another teamster? And anyone know who I'm supposed to file that form with?

Inthegame

I get the feeling you have not read many (any) NLRB DFR cases? Have you spoken with lawyers re: these type of cases?
Yes, often.
Then and only then; if additional legal action is required; it will be handled by extremely competent NLRB case experienced counsel.
So we're back to the threats? If this...when that...
File your complaint, or are you still looking for the extremely competent NLRB case experienced counsel?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was a steward and alternate steward

You said you were a "committee man".

No one (including me) have never heard of that term used before, and you couldn't

answer where it came from, because the contract only refers to Stewards.

The Central is the worst already with their "cardinal offense" violations.

You should read some of the other supplements.... because under every one,

they all have "cardinal sin" discharge language.

Somehow the competent EB in NorCal

Executive Board ?

There are 16 different Locals in the NorCal supplement, which means there are 16

different Executive Boards. Don't you mean the NorCal negotiation committee ?

The intent of creating a 22.4 position was to relieve excessive OT. Not to make it possible for UPS to work RPCDs 24 hours per week while 22.4s are guaranteed 40.

Article 12 Section 1.... of the CRT has not changed.

So where are you coming up with 24 hrs per week, for a RPCD ?

@browned out

The more you post.... the more bizarre your "conspiracy theory's" get.

-Bug-

browned out

I still reserve the right, to call him a shill for TDU.

I am not sure a TDU member or a Teamster United Member would bring charges against the union.

Call me what you want. I have educated the members in my local. My involvement is a major factor in why the 243 supplement was voted down.

No conspiracy theory.

As soon as charges are appropriate; charges will be filed.

I questioned him about that before.

He said "they" are well funded.

browned out

I take that back. I believe TDU and/or TU has filed charges against the union.

2 things for sure.

1. I am not TDU or TU.

2. It is not a "threat" of charges being filed in the future.

browned out

I have read every single supplement. Many of them have much firmer language on what actually constitutes a "cardinal" sin. We used to have "other serious offenses" which the company took advantage of. Now we have "cardinal sins". Still not anywhere near as detailed as language in other supplements.

Executive Board ?

There are 16 different Locals in the NorCal supplement, which means there are 16

different Executive Boards. Don't you mean the NorCal negotiation committee ?

Article 12 Section 1.... of the CRT has not changed.

So where are you coming up with 24 hrs per week, for a RPCD ?

Don't play dumb. You already know the answer to this. Only the 1st 90% of the drivers put to work on a Monday are guaranteed 40 hours per week.

Nothing has changed there. What has changed is that the number of drivers put to work on Monday. It has gone down since a huge percentage of residential volume that used to be delivered on Mondays is now being delivered on Saturdays.

We are in a small center and RPCDs are delivering well over 1000 stops on Saturdays. That is about 6-8 routes worth of stops. When these RPCDs are forced back to M-friend than 6-8 RPCDs will be laid off.

In addition; a 22.4 position is guaranteed 5 days straight of 8 hours per day? WTF is that?

So, when UPS goes to a Wednesday thru Sunday schedule; many RPCDs who want to work will be laid off Mondays and Tuesdays will no chance to make up those hours.

The Teamsters created a new guaranteed 40 hour position without 1st guaranteeing current package car drivers 40.

This even effects 22.4s when they go into RPCD. As a 22.4; they had a 40 hour guarantee. Now, they bid into a RPCD position and they are only guaranteed 24 hours.

The 24 hour number is arrived at because 1. No RPCD can be laid off while a 22.4 is working. 2. 22.4s in the future will be working Wednesday thru Sunday so all RPCDs will have a right to work all Wednesdays-Fridays. That guarantees all RPCDs 24 hours.

BUG, your not stupid.
Hoffa/Hall/Taylor/BUG think the members are stupid. Grave mistake.

How can you create a new 40 hour position without adding language that guarantees RPCDs 40.

We had no such guarantee before. 22.4s did not exist so there was no guarantee there. Now the 22.4s get a new 40 hour guarantee and RPCDs are literally left out in the cold.

@browned out

The more you post.... the more bizarre your "conspiracy theory's" get.

You still attempt to pull the wool over the members eyes.[/QUOTE]

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I still reserve the right, to call him a shill for TDU.

I am not sure a TDU member or a Teamster United Member would bring charges against the union.

Call me what you want. I have educated the members in my local. My involvement is a major factor in why the 243 supplement was voted down.

No conspiracy theory.

As soon as charges are appropriate; charges will be filed.

I questioned him about that before.

He said "they" are well funded.

I've asked very specific questions.... trying to ascertain your knowledge of the

contract and local conditions. You have yet to respond.

What is more "telling", you seem to have a problem navigating this forum.

Do you want to try.... any of this again ?

Inthegame

Don't play dumb. You already know the answer to this. Only the 1st 90% of the drivers put to work on a Monday are guaranteed 40 hours per week.

Wrong. Accuracy is important amigo, especially when you threaten legal action. There's nothing about Monday in this language anymore.​

browned out

My knowledge of the 243 supplement the central region and the master is extensive.

I have read every other single supplement and Regional agreements numerous times. I will admit I am not as well versed in those areas.

It seems many on this site want to ignore the fact that 243 supp, central region and the master was negotiated not in the best interest of the members.

You can't even come up with a viable answer for the guaranteed 40 Hour Week provision.

I have no trouble navigating the nlrb website.

My ability to stay one step ahead of UPS and 243 is one of the main reasons I'm still working at UPS.

I am not threatening an nlrb action. I guarantee it.
I will you let you know when the nlrb action is taken.

As bubble head basically stated: I have been destroying you for over the past month.

Last edited: