Local 243

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's called "due process".

Do you think it's fair to convict someone in the court of public opinion ?

Again, why would the IBT get involved when no charges were filed ?

Because I don't jump all over BRF.... you seem to think I condone what happened.

Where (in all honesty) my reaction is more like Oh :censored2:. How can anyone be so

stupid, as to leave a paper trail if they are conspiring to to have a political

rival discharged? And if that is the case.... then the whole Union side of the Panel

is in on it.... because they were the ones that decided to uphold the discharge.

I don't know RA. He might be a nice guy and a solid Union brother.

But, he was sure quick to get on FZ's side.... thinking he might have :censored2:ed

up.... and was lobbying for an appointed position at the IBT, if FZ won.

And really;

What sort of childish behavior is it, when you resort to FaceBook and rant about

your local UPS management with insinuations of "erectile dysfunction" and make

fun of another one because of a speech impediment ?

Just say'n @Bubblehead.

I know.... you are well above stooping to that level of behavior.

That's what cost RA his job. (as per the NLRB)

-Bug-
One email, from Miss Betty was the only thing you were originally asked to comment on, not a(nother) summary judgement of a complex case on appeal.

Now who is "just making excuses"???

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's called "due process".

Do you think it's fair to convict someone in the court of public opinion ?

Again, why would the IBT get involved when no charges were filed ?

Because I don't jump all over BRF.... you seem to think I condone what happened.

Where (in all honesty) my reaction is more like Oh :censored2:. How can anyone be so

stupid, as to leave a paper trail if they are conspiring to to have a political

rival discharged? And if that is the case.... then the whole Union side of the Panel

is in on it.... because they were the ones that decided to uphold the discharge.

I don't know RA. He might be a nice guy and a solid Union brother.

But, he was sure quick to get on FZ's side.... thinking he might have :censored2:ed

up.... and was lobbying for an appointed position at the IBT, if FZ won.

And really;

What sort of childish behavior is it, when you resort to FaceBook and rant about

your local UPS management with insinuations of "erectile dysfunction" and make

fun of another one because of a speech impediment ?

Just say'n @Bubblehead.

I know.... you are well above stooping to that level of behavior.

That's what cost RA his job. (as per the NLRB)

-Bug-
Are you saying that the Company and Union made those emails exibits in Rob A's Panel cases?

I have $100 that says they weren't, wanna bet?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you saying that the Company and Union made those emails exibits in Rob A's Panel cases?

I have $100 that says they weren't, wanna bet?

I never said they were.

If I'm not mistaken.... the NLRB subpoenaed them through the appeal phase

based on "discovery" type elements.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I never said they were.

If I'm not mistaken.... the NLRB subpoenaed them through the appeal phase

based on "discovery" type elements.
Where (in all honesty) my reaction is more like Oh :censored2:. How can anyone be sot stupid as to leave a paper trail if they are conspiring to to have a politicali rival discharged? And if that is the case.... then the whole Union side of the Panels is in on it.... because they were the ones that decided to uphold the discharge.
Yes, you did.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I have been a PT committee man, a PT Union steward, and a FT alternate steward and acting FT steward when others were off. I would be a Full Time steward if I was eligible to run last election. Being on a medical leave of absence is the only reason I am not one of the FT stewards.

In over 30 years, I have never heard of a committeeman at the Teamsters. I know that UAW has a bunch of them but I have no idea what they do. What is the function of a committeeman?

browned out

In over 30 years, I have never heard of a committeeman at the Teamsters. I know that UAW has a bunch of them but I have no idea what they do. What is the function of a committeeman?

It is the equivalent of steward alternate. Responsibilities are exactly the same.
Terminology.
A lot of local have "coffee break" in their supplements. We have "paid break"

A committee man is the acting steward at all times when a steward is not present.

browned out

One email, from Miss Betty was the only thing you were originally asked to comment on, not a(nother) summary judgement of a complex case on appeal.

Now who is "just making excuses"???

~Bbbl~™

Exactly. One question regarding evidence (subject to consequences of perjury) on the record.

Yet, no forthright answer from BUG.

Are BUG and BRF one in the same?

or,: Did they just both go to the same school ?

browned out

What BUG stated about not leaving incriminating emails recoverable is SPOT ON.

Hoffa/Hall probably gave a refresher course on how to destroy potential evidence of UPS Teamster collusion targeting members after the BRF debacle.

There is no excuse for Hoffa/Hall/Taylor/BUG not admonishing or denouncing BRF's blatant retaliation and violations of the IBT constitution.

Why Not? Because it is status quo.

Read thru a few more BRF related emails.
Why in any context would a Joint Council member share the following with UPS Labor management.

This question is not addresses to BUG. Unless The BUG will actually answer a tough question. lol

Adobe Document Cloud

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

That's your evidence of collusion ?

All I see, is an Email with a copy of public FaceBook posts trashing the Local Union

and the company. And did you notice.... TDU was brought up several times ?

:biggrin:

I thought you had something better than that.

Where did BRF say anything, that could be construed as conspiring to support

having RA fired ? Or, say anything negative about him. Seems like he was the

one talking :censored2: about her....

This question is not addresses to BUG. Unless The BUG will actually answer a tough question. lol

Why do you continue to neglect to answer my question ?

What makes you think the IBT should be involved.... when no charges were filed ?

You keep insinuating that I somehow condone what happened.

When all I'm doing is looking at the situation in an objective manner....

for lack of evidence.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In over 30 years, I have never heard of a committeeman at the Teamsters.

In almost 40 years.... neither have I.

A committee man is the acting steward at all times when a steward is not present.

Where is that in writing ?

It's not in the Central Region language or the Local 243 Rider.

BTW;

In the Local 243 Rider....

UNIFORM RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE ACTIONS OF UNITED PARCEL SERVICE EMPLOYEES AND MEMBERS OF TEAMSTERS LOCAL 243 AS REVISED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2013

That has to be the absolute worst language, I have ever read in a UPS contract.

No wonder you people are upset and afraid of UPS.

-Bug-

browned out

BRF's handling of RA possibly stealing time is unacceptable. The sharing of the other emails with UPS management is absurd.

Here is how any union rep worth their salt would have handled these issues.

Stealing Time: The only way that should have been addressed is directly by BRF with RA....not BRF to UPS mgmt. An actual rep following the IBT constitution would have called the actual member. Something, like....hey, I just noticed you are campaigning during working hours....I wanted to make sure you are on break or off.

But what does BRF do? She attempts to RAILROAD RA when she goes directly to UPS mgmt. and suggests RA was on the clock.
In one email, dated Friday June 10th, 2014, Fischer e-mails Tom McCready, Division Labor Manager at UPS. It was an e-mail that contained a screen shot of a Facebook post that Atkinson wrote after campaigning at Asbury Graphite (Atkinson was running for Principal Officer of Local 538 against Betty Rose Fischer). In the e-mail to Labor Manager McCready, Fischer suggests that McCready should look into whether Atkinson’s time spent at Asbury was while he was on the clock (he in fact had the day off).

And She should have never forwarded the other emails to UPS mgmt that expressing discourse with her, UPS, and Hoffa/Hall.

A recent National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) hearing revealed hundreds of e-mails between UPS management and officials at Teamsters Local 538 and other Locals from around the country on how to discipline Teamsters who voiced their dissatisfaction toward the Local, UPS and/or the 2013 UPS Master Agreement

There can be no justification. Since Hoffa/Hall have not removed the rats. The members will vote them out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It is the equivalent of steward alternate. Responsibilities are exactly the same.
Terminology.
A lot of local have "coffee break" in their supplements. We have "paid break"

Called “alternate steward” in these parts

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I opened that link and it seems like this case is a while back. I checked the Local web pages and that Betty is still in charge. Looks like it was investigated by the NLRB and no charges were pending for her or the Local. Is it still open?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A recent National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) hearing revealed hundreds of e-mails between UPS management and officials at Teamsters Local 538 and other Locals from around the country on how to discipline Teamsters who voiced their dissatisfaction toward the Local, UPS and/or the 2013 UPS Master Agreement

What's the case number ?

browned out

I opened that link and it seems like this case is a while back. I checked the Local web pages and that Betty is still in charge. Looks like it was investigated by the NLRB and no charges were pending for her or the Local. Is it still open?

No charges are pending. ULP were submitted to the NLRB against Joint Council 40. It was withdrawn or rejected.

browned out

You must be joking. That is the actual case number. Charging Party was RA. The case was closed by withdrawal.

Typical Hoffa/Hall/BUG.

The context of the events below is irrelevant. This BRF violated the IBT constitution. You don't want to admit it. You obviously know it was a violation. People who don't take accountability are cowards. and People that don't represent the members are voted out.

In one email, dated Friday June 10th, 2014, Fischer e-mails Tom McCready, Division Labor Manager at UPS. It was an e-mail that contained a screen shot of a Facebook post that Atkinson wrote after campaigning at Asbury Graphite (Atkinson was running for Principal Officer of Local 538 against Betty Rose Fischer). In the e-mail to Labor Manager McCready, Fischer suggests that McCready should look into whether Atkinson’s time spent at Asbury was while he was on the clock (he in fact had the day off). Another one, dated Thursday, May 15th 2014 shows Fischer emailing McCready with one of Atkinson’s post badmouthing the Local and Fischer. Another one, a week later, shows Fischer forwarding a post, by Teamster Mark Kerr (Atkinson's assistant Shop Steward), about his argument with management over performance and uniforms.

I think BRF and others may have torn this page out of their IBT constitution.

I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve. I further promise that I will faithfully comply with and enforce the Constitution and laws of the International Union and Bylaws of this Union, that I will, at all times, by example, promote harmony and preserve the dignity of this Union.

They are not serving the members; they are more worried about self preservation.

Last edited: