Local 2727 update

UPSSOCKS

then keep it to yourself..............

Sorry pal if everyone kept their thoughts to themselves, this website wouldn't exist.

Who are you anyway and where did you come from. All of a sudden you start chiming in on this 2727 thread. You wanna know what I think, I think you are one of the crooked union officials trying to make sure this contract passes. I think you are one of those guys that leads your teamster brothers right into a land mine. I think you are one of those people that claim to have the teamsters best interest at heart but in the end stick the knife right in their back....

mrv

It will take a new hire off the street and in 5 years he will make 104k. So I screwed him?

Only people getting screwed if this T/A passes are the people that would have been hired, the people already laid off and the next 100 or so that will get laid off. Outsoursing our work = Less jobs...period!

UPSSOCKS:
All I ask that if your gonna be ignorant and talk out your ass back it up with some facts and not rumors or here say.
I am a 2727 union member and belong here unlike yourself.
If you read my post you would know my position on the contract.
Here s a little piece of advice "It is better for UPSSOCKS to be thought stupid then for UPSSOCKS to open his mouth and remove all doubt"

luvubas

Only people getting screwed if this T/A passes are the people that would have been hired, the people already laid off and the next 100 or so that will get laid off. Outsoursing our work = Less jobs...period!
4to1 ratio ,if you fall in that number then you don't have anything to worry about.

UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS:
All I ask that if your gonna be ignorant and talk out your ass back it up with some facts and not rumors or here say.
Here s a little piece of advice "It is better for UPSSOCKS to be thought stupid then for UPSSOCKS to open his mouth and remove all doubt"

I hit the nail on the head didn't I? You should be ashamed of yourself taking advantage of these union folk.

UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS:

Next you will have them take off their shoes and drink the kool aid you made for them while they wait for the spaceship..

ACE

Trading jobs for a dollar a year..what a deal! Can't wait for the snake oil road show! Maybe Bob and the Warden will tour together!

If they did join together for the "Dog and Pony" show. I bet they would get more people to show up. Only 1 person showed up for Bob in Dallas. If the Warden was there he may have been able to pull another one.

luvubas

Until they park all the Pratt 757's

That rumor has been going for years,but the fact of ten matters is that even if they did park all of the Pratt 757's they still have to maintain that 4to1 ratio with the a/c still remaining on their operating certificate and my second point is for all of those people who have such a problem with UPS,leave,no one is making you stay here.With all that is bad with UPS they should have problems maintaining that 4to1ratio!!!

mrv

That rumor has been going for years,but the fact of ten matters is that even if they did park all of the Pratt 757's they still have to maintain that 4to1 ratio with the a/c still remaining on their operating certificate and my second point is for all of those people who have such a problem with UPS,leave,no one is making you stay here.With all that is bad with UPS they should have problems maintaining that 4to1ratio!!!

Quit hanging your hat on that 4-1 ratio. We are over that ratio right now by over 100 mechs. What makes you think UPS won't lay off those guys if this passes in order to off set the cost of the contract, it will be easy since the work will be done in Asia. What will stop UPS from pulling Asia based planes off the cert?If the 4-1 ratio was set in stone, why is there a provision in the T/A for when they go below the ratio?

Try to read the contact. Theres more to it than pay rates.

BTW- Since you want everyone who disagrees with you to leave UPS...will you leave if the contract is voted down....at least go into management...there looking for guys like you!

luvubas

For your info we are not over the ratio,we still have a/c that are parked that r still on the operating certificate,second voting this contract does not ensure any of the things that everyone seems to think that it does,UPS isn't obligated to bring back everyone,not accomplish 747 and 767 work overseas,third UPS does not like to waste money.we all know the old saying about UPS ,that they will step over a dollar to pick up a nickel,well the contract language was actually put in place as protection,previously there was nothing in place as it concerns the ratio and work,fourth ,there is nothing from preventing UPS from domiciling all of the 747 in particular overseas and then you would not have to worry about contract language about 747 work, and last if I wanted to be in management I would,the difference between me and you is that I am grateful for my job and wages and benefits that give me the ability to take care of me and my family and I don't take for granted that having a great job is not a right!I don't want everyone that disagrees with me to leave UPS,really I could care less because I know that there are plenty of capable mechanics that will fill you shoes and do a better job.

mrv

Spoken by a true company man. You need to post on the Partners forum. Your faith in the almighty UPS is misplaced.

I still think your a management plant. No real mechanic would advocate the outsourseing of his job.

luvubas

Spoken by a true company man. You need to post on the Partners forum. Your faith in the almighty UPS is misplaced.

I still think your a management plant. No real mechanic would advocate the outsourseing of his job.

I am well within the 4 to1 ratio,so I am not an advocate for the outsourceing of my job but possibly yours!!

mrv

I am well within the 4 to1 ratio,so I am not an advocate for the outsourceing of my job but possibly yours!!

Typical. I got mine so screw everyone else reponse. Thank God you did not negotiate this deal. If it were up to you we would all be part timers with all the work going to Asia.

ACE

My problem isn't with UPS. It's with our union leadership that wants to outsource our work. Combine has played the sympathy card for the furloughed mechanics for over two years. He is turning his back on what could be 300 of the lowest members. He dispatched all his cronies to spread that message "Joe will not work to get furloughed members back to work." Combine is now doing exactly what he warned Joe would do. Plain and simple! He chose well respected mechanics as patsies to be used to get him elected. In the end he stole the election. All he has done for 8 years is blame Joe! If this crap TA passes, he will continue to blame JOE! I don't have a problem with people that say "I'm voting yes because I want the money" I have a problem with people that for 4 years have pretended to care about all the "union". All members of the 2727!