Local 710 no retro pay???

Goku

What is start pay at now like 10 or 11and it will be bumped up to 13 so they are going to get 2 or 3 dollars times their hours worked. That's s big check

It's going from 11 to 13 so that's 2 dollars an hour and overtime is going up 3 dollars an hour so for most new hires it's going to be close to 1200 or more easily. They will likely break it up over multiple payments. They are going to have to pay us either way. It was their choice to stall and since the contract takes effect back on August 1st, 2017 they owe everyone the pay they would have been receiving as if it was ratified back then.

Taksei backsies arguments like "oh you didn't have seniority before august 1st" is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Regardless of when you got seniority the starting pay rate would have been higher under the new contract and they have been telling all new hires for half a year they would get retro pay as well.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's going from 11 to 13 so that's 2 dollars an hour and overtime is going up 3 dollars an hour so for most new hires it's going to be close to 1200 or more easily. They will likely break it up over multiple payments. They are going to have to pay us either way. It was their choice to stall and since the contract takes effect back on August 1st, 2017 they owe everyone the pay they would have been receiving as if it was ratified back then.

Taksei backsies arguments like "oh you didn't have seniority before august 1st" is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Regardless of when you got seniority the starting pay rate would have been higher under the new contract and they have been telling all new hires for half a year they would get retro pay as well.
My point is these new hires can get paid if they stay longer then 6 months. So staying until the contract goes through is a win win

Waldo

The 705 contract is total bs. I hit my seniority in early August so I’ll only be getting $13 instead of $15. Also it states I won’t be getting any raise until around 2022. I’m voting no even though I know my vote won’t count. The Teamsters are more crooked than they ever have been.

cachmeifucan

In 705 new contract reads " seniority employees as of date of ratification affected employees whose hourly rate is less than 15$ per hour will have their hourly rate converted to 15 a hour.such wage rate conversion will be prospectively effective January 19th 2019. Which is the planned expiration date of the current market rate adjustment.
General wage increase will not be applied until august 1st 2021.

So no retro pay for anyone under 15 @BigUnionGuy how does that read to you?

542thruNthru

I thought it was at $36.76 or something like that?

It's at 37.03 right now. 37.73 with the raise. You're in the Western Region right? Maybe your supplement diverted some of your raises to some thing.
sketch-1545964013554.png

By the way congrats on the FF championship.