Local 804

542thruNthru

What do you think the percentage of part time employees that are hired at UPS is, that actually manage to matriculate to a full time, top scale position?

I would imagine there would be a lot of variables involved to figure out that number.

100% for the people that want to be FT and are willing to wait for it. I have said before that I waited 9 years. I have read on here that the wait is much less in other areas. Other then # of positions, there is nothing stopping anyone from getting a FT position and eventually top scale. It's always been a waiting game.

What would you think the % is and why?

F

Frankie's Friend

I try to buy from harbor freight now though lol.
Nice.

You'll support the nonunion Chinese companies that undercut jobs in the USA.

If other diesel mechanic jobs start over $30/hr why dont you take your junk Harbor Frt tools and go wrench over there?

I know. It's all about you.

542thruNthru

The majority of the things I said was only targeted at that 542 fellow anyway. And yes if you were a mechanic you would understand joining the union for such purposes. Yes I have been a mechanic for over 10 years and have a good bit of tools. I try to buy from harbor freight now though lol. And yeah I'm in progression. Most diesel shops starting pay in my area is over $30 an hour and I'm making less than that. That's why all the mechanics are excited about this contract, well the ones in progression anyway. But I fully understand the aggravation of having it pushed through with a mostly no vote due to not enough voters. It is not right at all. But that looks like the case this time around so we need to vote out the current union heads and get it right the next go round.

Hey I call em like I see em.

Every contract, we get many people on here upset they have to wait for their raise. You honestly got a pretty tame response from me that you got upset with. Most on here as you can see will unleash the anger right out the gate.

MuricaMan01

Nice.

You'll support the nonunion Chinese companies that undercut jobs in the USA.

If other diesel mechanic jobs start over $30/hr why dont you take your junk Harbor Frt tools and go wrench over there?

I know. It's all about you.
Ive bought my fair share of American made tools. My box alone was 6k all snapon and tools of that sort nowadays are marked up so high it's insane. 1 swivel impact socket is $60 dollars. Imagine losing it. UPS ain't gonna pay for it. Harbor freights tools have gotten alot better over the years. So I have no complaints with them. But what do I know it's all about me. ;)

F

Frankie's Friend

Ive bought my fair share of American made tools. My box alone was 6k all snapon and tools of that sort nowadays are marked up so high it's insane. 1 swivel impact socket is $60 dollars. Imagine losing it. UPS ain't gonna pay for it. Harbor freights tools have gotten alot better over the years. So I have no complaints with them. But what do I know it's all about me. ;)
It's not about the quality of tools. It is about you whining about not getting your union negotiated raise and being union to protect yourself but buying throw away cheap tools that screw over other Americans and supports child labor in anti American countries.
You can buy some American made tissues and wait like the rest of us.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Hey I call em like I see em.

Every contract, we get many people on here upset they have to wait for their raise. You honestly got a pretty tame response from me that you got upset with. Most on here as you can see will unleash the anger right out the gate.
Yea you don’t want to piss 542 off at all. It’s bad. He starts typing really fast and says mean things. He will have you staring into a mirror questions your whole existence. Ask me how I know?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
52CA81FE-EC0D-4E0B-A8D1-F3EC382400EB.jpeg
Fixed it for you. :)
I liked mine better.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Local 804 has reached a tentative agreement with UPS on a new Local 804 supplement that delivers major improvements.

new-contract-thumb.jpg

Contract highlights include:

• A $400 pension increase across the board
  • 110 new full-time 22.3 jobs for part-timers
  • Restrictions on hybrid driver work
  • Coffee pay restored on January 1, 2021
  • Improved Dishonesty Language
  • Twenty new car wash / porter jobs
  • Double-time pay for Sunday work
  • An additional request load
  • Expedited contract case hearings at the grievance panel
Not a single one of these improvements was in the contract offer that was put to a membership vote last fall.

“This victory belongs to the members,” said President Vincent Perrone. “The overwhelming No Vote by 95 percent of the membership sent UPS a clear message, and gave us leverage to win a better contract.”

“Contract negotiations were like night and day from last year,” said Bill Groll, a shop steward and rank-and-file member of the Bargaining Committee.

The Executive Board and Business Agents will be holding parking lot meetings and visiting buildings to discuss the contract and answer your questions. You will be mailed a complete copy of all contract changes.

A contract ballot will be mailed to you. We are working with the IBT to set up the mailing and counting of your ballots.

The Committee unanimously recommends a Yes vote.

bowhnterdon

Awesome job 804. Pension increase while some are cutting benefits and others are stale and have no increase in 25 years(like mine, TJC 83)

MuricaMan01

Local 804 has reached a tentative agreement with UPS on a new Local 804 supplement that delivers major improvements.

new-contract-thumb.jpg

Contract highlights include:

• A $400 pension increase across the board
  • 110 new full-time 22.3 jobs for part-timers
  • Restrictions on hybrid driver work
  • Coffee pay restored on January 1, 2021
  • Improved Dishonesty Language
  • Twenty new car wash / porter jobs
  • Double-time pay for Sunday work
  • An additional request load
  • Expedited contract case hearings at the grievance panel
Not a single one of these improvements was in the contract offer that was put to a membership vote last fall.

“This victory belongs to the members,” said President Vincent Perrone. “The overwhelming No Vote by 95 percent of the membership sent UPS a clear message, and gave us leverage to win a better contract.”

“Contract negotiations were like night and day from last year,” said Bill Groll, a shop steward and rank-and-file member of the Bargaining Committee.

The Executive Board and Business Agents will be holding parking lot meetings and visiting buildings to discuss the contract and answer your questions. You will be mailed a complete copy of all contract changes.

A contract ballot will be mailed to you. We are working with the IBT to set up the mailing and counting of your ballots.

The Committee unanimously recommends a Yes vote.
Nice!!! Maybe we can do something like this for 612 next time around

browned out

Post the new supplement as soon as possible. Thanks

Hopefully 804 protected the right to 40 hour work weeks for RPCDs. There is no way in hell a new 22.4 should be able to work 40 while RPCDs sit. No way in heck.!

F

Frankie's Friend

Using terms like Coffee Break, The Barn or Bundles causes BUG to question if you are even a UPSer. Its aPaid break.
The "barn" was upstateNYscab's freak out. He thought it was demeaning to him since he didnt consider himself an animal. Rats and jackazzes dwell in barns so I don't understand his deflection.
20180811_224538.jpg

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Post the new supplement as soon as possible. Thanks

Hopefully 804 protected the right to 40 hour work weeks for RPCDs. There is no way in hell a new 22.4 should be able to work 40 while RPCDs sit. No way in heck.!

we always had it in our supplement and hopefully always will

ARTICLE 3
HOURS OF WORK, OVERTIME, SUPERVISORS WORKING
Section 1 – Work Week and Overtime Pay
(a) The basis workweek for all regular full-time employees should be forty (40) hours per week consisting of eight (8) hours per day, five (5) days per week