Back From Break
Yeah, they said contract says your allowed the 2 years but doesn’t say you get terminated for exceeding the 2 years. So we are gonna grieve the termination.

You were not terminated for exceeding the 2 years. The Company met the contract by allowing you to work inside for 2 years under Article 16. You were terminated because you were only guaranteed 2 years. It is now past 2 years and you still do not have your driving privileges reinstated by the DMV.

If you are fairly close to getting your license back, you may have a shot of keeping your job. Your argument of not being disciplined within 5 days of your 2 year mark will not fly. But you still have a shot. Good luck.

It sounds like you were lucky to get those 2 years

The contract allows 2 years. He was lucky to get another 8 months.

johnnybgood

Is there time limitation for the company to take action for suspension or discharge?

I been reading the supplement for Nothern California Supplemental Agreement and under article 7 section 4 it states

(c) Within (5) days of the occurrence of the alleged cause of the discharge or suspension the employer shall give written notice by certified mail to the employee and to the Local Union…..
Yes, if they don't send the letter timely then it has no effect.

DOK

It's why I always think twice before becoming a steward. It seems every member wants to only give you half the information. Probably out of embarrassment or a natural reaction from when they were kids.

Give your steward a hug on Monday and tell em I'm sorry!
Talking to our steward said you’d never believe the bull:censored2: he deals with, how some of these guys view the contract and interpret it. Instead of focusing on coming to work and working you have segment of guys that are all about the drama, i wouldn’t want to be a steward.

Thebrownblob

I never misspeak, unless I've been drinking!

Which as most will tell you is extremely rare.
1709638257615.gif

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Talking to our steward said you’d never believe the bull:censored2: he deals with, how some of these guys view the contract and interpret it. Instead of focusing on coming to work and working you have segment of guys that are all about the drama, i wouldn’t want to be a steward.
It’s annoying at times. Gotta deal with the company rats talking :censored2:, the members that complain about any little gripe and think instead it is a grievance, constant harassment/retaliation/oversupervision from management. Thankless job is putting it nicely. However, I’ve grown to be more outspoken and lost my timidness along with a greater appreciation for my family, career, union and country. Despite all that, we have it pretty great and I can’t go back to a nonunion job, lmao.