Local operation disruption!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Dear rude individual. This is not a ups website--It is a privately run site for employees to communicate with each other and have a good time. It is not here for ups's customers to vent and/or complain in a rude manner. Call 800pickups or head to their Facebook page and leave us alone.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

JakeD

Updated Sunday, December 8, 2013

With severe weather affecting much of the country, UPS is balancing our priorities of employee safety and customer service. Our team is monitoring the situation and has contingency plans in place to minimize service disruptions. We are committed to moving shipments to their final destinations as quickly as possible and are making every effort to deliver to all areas as conditions safely permit.
1.gif

During weather delays, shipments are secured in our facilities and, when possible, redirected in order to speed delivery of your packages. Our team is monitoring local areas and remains committed to ensuring service resumes as soon as conditions allow safe access.
Duhhh....

laststop

In my center they are holding trailers all last week they have no plan no help no rentals no ideal what to do never have seen this in 30 years on my area sections 7&8 only got del on Thursday then it iced there 7 trailers waiting for Monday we only do 3 a day only 20 routes not counting the 3 or more trailers Monday now what . Is it like this in other rural areas ! Atlanta send help soon all we all will lose

BUCN85

Yes it is very busy. The weather is putting us back. Then we are behind a day. Then have to hold loads because the trucks are full. We have even been shuttling loads out. Anything to get the pkgs out. It's been nuts already

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. For the last four days I am getting the following exception;

"DUE TO LOCAL OPERATION DISRUPTION, PACKAGES NOT UNLOADED FROM TRAILER, EXPECT A ONE DAY BUSINESS DAY DELAY"

What in the heck is going on? My package has been in Doraville for four days? My expected delivery date has been changed four times?

Amazon would like to have "BROWNS" business, Hell, at this rate "BROWN" is giving it to them! :furious:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The FB page is full of people melting down because of local service disruptions.

Honestly, despite knowing ahead of time that this was going to be the shortest shopping season in a decade, I still think UPS dropped the ball this peak season.

That being said, ordering a package during peak and flipping :censored2: because it's been delayed a day or two is similar to ordering pizza during a snow storm on Super Bowl Sunday and being mad because it took the driver more than 30 minutes.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
How typical. Bitch at the driver that can only deliver what is in their load. While your package may be important to you, it is still only another package to me. I view every package in my load as important but again we are only human. Please read some of the other threads to get an idea what we peons are up against and maybe you would show some compassion.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Honestly, despite knowing ahead of time that this was going to be the shortest shopping season in a decade, I still think UPS dropped the ball this peak season.

That being said, ordering a package during peak and flipping :censored2: because it's been delayed a day or two is similar to ordering pizza during a snow storm on Super Bowl Sunday and being mad because it took the driver more than 30 minutes.
4 more weeks of peak easily this year.

barnyard

KTM rider
4 more weeks of peak easily this year.

That would have peak ending January 9 or so. I see peak going longer than that.

I expect to see a crush similar to cyber weekend, the week after Christmas. I'll bet it is late January before we see 'normal' again.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The way i look at 4 more weeks of peak is sh t happens. Just start next year huge financially. Im not going to trip on it and let it drive me nutts like some people would. Is what it is dude.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That would have peak ending January 9 or so. I see peak going longer than that.

I expect to see a crush similar to cyber weekend, the week after Christmas. I'll bet it is late January before we see 'normal' again.
You could be right barn, totally wouldnt be shocked to see it to be honest with ya.

Marne Vet

I used this customers sound logic for complaining. The Eagles were losing so I went to an Eagles Fan website and complained to them about why they weren't scoring. I don't think "snow" is a valid excuse, so I bitched some more about how the Eagles players wouldn't have a job if I didn't watch them. Since I'm a loyal paying fan I deserve answers! RAWRRRRR!

Seems legit.